Sign in to follow this  
plankton

DSSD- Gen, BP Factory, Noob BK's (2) side by side and in same light

plankton

I thought these two pics would be cool to compare. In pic 1 you have a BP factory and Gen DSSD. In pic 2 you have a BK DSSD (AR'd, WP, paint mods) and the 4th pic is a noob BK DSSd with AR, red print dial and red second hand paint..

Nice to see I thought. My gen is on the right, see how the BP triangle is flat not slightly round. The BK Noob just kicks. Personally I think the DSSD need something to grab your eye (like some color).

DSSDGEN_zps61e99473.jpg

7900d266-389f-49a5-8c1d-99aff63595d0_zps5d17ac86.jpg8c72c973-fd66-4cab-aeab-73a122dbf81f_zps1045c913.jpg

Steve227

You still have all 3?

plankton

Sold the gen, sold the N (BP), have 2 bk's currently. I have had 4 BK's and 3 BP playing with these. I'm a nut about accuracy. My BK's, after some tuning, are as accurate as the gen on the watch winder.

KeNnY

interesting the gen has actually smaller 6 and 9 o'clock indexes,

can you please take a really nice macro shot of the dial of the DSSD ? :))

thank you !

plankton

Kenny I sold the gen.

Nick312

Nice pic, I am picking up a BK DSSD shortly, looks pretty solid.

How was the feel vs Gen?

plankton

The same really. That's the reason I sold the gen. The gen has a clearer crystal, that's the reason for the AR.

Nick312

Good to know, how would I go about AR?

plankton

Where are you? I have my personal choices depending on you country

Steve227
Sold the gen, sold the N, have 2 bk's currently.

That's a shame but really interesting to see the shots. It's a good rep!

plankton

The rep from BK is really so close, with AR and some color I think it's a nicer looking watch. Here is a pic of the other one. The red script DSSD is my favorite, I'm sending it in soon for AR, lume, WP.

009_zps3e1aa562.jpg

gigahertz15

Have a BK DSSD myself- amazed at how good it is.

simonbolivar

F' me... Sold my BK about 6months ago, and really regret it. I knew I shouldn't have clicked this thread.

plankton

F' me... Sold my BK about 6months ago, and really regret it. I knew I shouldn't have clicked this thread.

Right there with you bro!!!

gordon513

I have a BP DSSD. I'm contemplating flogging it and swapping it for a BK version but I like the flat top on the triangle on the BP. I don't know if you can swap out the bezel on BK's noob version with a BP one to make it look more gen like.

Thoughts would be useful

Cheers

Rolexwatchman

BK is noob Rolex but date, movement and water proof is nice!

I sold mine too

plankton

I have a BP DSSD. I'm contemplating flogging it and swapping it for a BK version but I like the flat top on the triangle on the BP. I don't know if you can swap out the bezel on BK's noob version with a BP one to make it look more gen like.

Thoughts would be useful

Cheers

You can but the pearl is soooo bad and the numbering is off.

gordon513

Thoughts would be useful

Cheers

You can but the pearl is soooo bad and the numbering is off.

On the BP version?

live1

the bp version is way better than the noob.the bp case and insert much better if you want it to looks closer to the gen

Scottie

How is the the bracelet on the BK DSSD? Have they fixed the inside clasp engraving issue? It's the only reason why I don't pull the trigger on one. I hear the engraving is light and weak compared to the Gen. I also heard the new Sub Ceramic's clasp engraving is more accurate, why it can't be adopted to the DSSD is beyond me.

gordon513

hmmm maybe I will stick with my BP then

live1

did i mention the crappy noob dial.look at the crown at 12cafefully then look at the gen.the bp dial is flawless

stormclock

did i mention the crappy noob dial.look at the crown at 12cafefully then look at the gen.the bp dial is flawless

BP dial has wrong font in some lines. The font has serifs and gen is sans-serif. :lol: That, and BP's triangle. Wrong too.

(We need to find us a couple of forums more to discuss the same topic :lol: )

Edited by stormclock

live1

BP dial has wrong font in some lines. The font has serifs and gen is sans-serif. :lol: That, and BP's triangle. Wrong too.

nope not true.bp dial is spot on to a 2008 gen dial im afraid.u keep on loving the noob buddy lol

plankton

nope not true.bp dial is spot on to a 2008 gen dial im afraid.u keep on loving the noob buddy lol

You full of shit! I have all three. The BP he valve is horrific (way off), back is wrong, titanium back is completely wrong.