Sign in to follow this  
plankton

DSSD- Gen, BP Factory, Noob BK's (2) side by side and in same light

plankton

the bp version is way better than the noob.the bp case and insert much better if you want it to looks closer to the gen

No way man, your off-- way off. The BP ceramic bezel is to thin, wrong pitch, pearl stands to tall, triangle to wide. Case is off, He valve is the wrong size, lug pitch is off. BP crystal has no crown. BP 6 and 9 markers are to large.

live1

no the noob dial is wrong font and crown.the cg are completely wrong.the lugs slightly off.the insert font is laughable

live1

did i mention the crappy noob dial.look at the crown at 12cafefully then look at the gen.the bp dial is flawless

BP dial has wrong font in some lines. The font has serifs and gen is sans-serif. :lol: That, and BP's triangle. Wrong too.

(We need to find us a couple of forums more to discuss the same topic :lol: )

nope not true.bp dial is spot on to a 2008 gen dial im afraid.u keep on loving the noob buddy lol

You full of shit! I have all three. The BP he valve is horrific (way off), back is wrong, titanium back is completely wrong.

u want to watch ya mouth you muggy prick

plankton

did i mention the crappy noob dial.look at the crown at 12cafefully then look at the gen.the bp dial is flawless

BP dial has wrong font in some lines. The font has serifs and gen is sans-serif. :lol: That, and BP's triangle. Wrong too.

(We need to find us a couple of forums more to discuss the same topic :lol: )

nope not true.bp dial is spot on to a 2008 gen dial im afraid.u keep on loving the noob buddy lol

You full of shit! I have all three. The BP he valve is horrific (way off), back is wrong, titanium back is completely wrong.

u want to watch ya mouth you muggy prick

Your a funny little person are you not.... Just look at the pics, simple.

plankton

interesting the gen has actually smaller 6 and 9 o'clock indexes,

can you please take a really nice macro shot of the dial of the DSSD ? :))

thank you !

KenNny, I think it is the angle.

plankton

How is the the bracelet on the BK DSSD? Have they fixed the inside clasp engraving issue? It's the only reason why I don't pull the trigger on one. I hear the engraving is light and weak compared to the Gen. I also heard the new Sub Ceramic's clasp engraving is more accurate, why it can't be adopted to the DSSD is beyond me.

Each year you will find a different finish on the inside engraving. For the G series you see in the pic the BK was very very close. But, I like to change things on the watches, not entirely interested about the gen look any more. I kind of our grew it or maybe got a bit bored with it. On pic 3 i plan to make that one my finish product.

gigahertz15

BP version is shocking! So obvious.

plankton

BP version is shocking! So obvious.

Yes, thanks.

fatarms

None of the rep dials are even close on the "12800ft = 3900m" line on the dial. No spacing between it at all.

Sakdds300

Every ceramic bezel on any of the reps I have looked at are way off on the numbers and lines being too skinny. Unless anyone else has a source for better bezels, I will hold off on any reps until this is more accurate, it is the most glaring tell.

live1

noob version is terrible imo i would go gen

Edited by live1

live1

plankton

Just sent the red one off today.

-lume

-red trim on second hand

-WP

-AR

T222

You go all in plankton, - I like that! :)

Can't wait to see the result ...

plankton

You go all in plankton, - I like that! :)

Can't wait to see the result ...

I appreciate that!!!!!

Visioneer
The rep from BK is really so close, with AR and some color I think it's a nicer looking watch. Here is a pic of the other one. The red script DSSD is my favorite, I'm sending it in soon for AR, lume, WP.

009_zps3e1aa562.jpg

I shipped my BK DSSD in for an AR treatment and wanted to know did you opt for the single or double AR?

plankton

Single AR, I was afraid of the potential of a scratch (AR is softer).

Visioneer
Single AR, I was afraid of the potential of a scratch (AR is softer).

Thanks and single AR it is.

plankton

I'm no expert on AR, I know I hit the crystal frequently so I'd rather not have a scratch.

gottahaverolex

All DSSD reps suck. Period. I just don't understand why you'd sell the gen and be satisfied with a BK. To each his own I guess. I'm wearing a gen ( my second DSSD) right now and I can tell you I've owned every version of rep made and none of them even comes remotely close to the real deal.

plankton

All DSSD reps suck. Period. I just don't understand why you'd sell the gen and be satisfied with a BK. To each his own I guess. I'm wearing a gen ( my second DSSD) right now and I can tell you I've owned every version of rep made and none of them even comes remotely close to the real deal.

Will you mod your gen? Why so brash on Rep DSSD's? I found my gen plain, might get another gen a do some mods on it. Explain what you don't like a bout the BK DSSD??? I honestly had to take my gen into the light to tell the difference.

Raddave

Confusing

plankton

Confusing

Yes it is confusing. Why would someone get on a site and beat up someones treasured toy. Not nice, sounds like someone had an extremely bad day and took it out on my fu__ing watch!

muhdhadi91

Nice collection there!

Is the BK watch from noob or bp?

plankton

From Noob I'm pretty sure.