Sign in to follow this  
plankton

DSSD- Gen, BP Factory, Noob BK's (2) side by side and in same light

T222

Yep, it's Noob.

And why someone would talk that way about your very nice watches, I can't understand. ??

Well, of cource he is right that the Gen is better, but with Gen also comes a Gen price! ;)

All the best to you ... keep up the good work!

plankton

Yep, it's Noob.

And why someone would talk that way about your very nice watches, I can't understand. ??

Well, of cource he is right that the Gen is better, but with Gen also comes a Gen price! ;)

All the best to you ... keep up the good work!

Thanks, I agree. You know i simply dont see the $10,000 difference. Personally my red script one looks better than any stock gen. No harm no foul.

Daywatch

Hi Plankton. Want to thank You for posting these comparison pics, just great to share the pics from the gen compared to...

From the discussion going on and the - divided - fractions I just make out that the reps are actually very good, minor differences in the bezel ring apart.

Personally the red lettering beats all the rest and You are right - visually there is no $10,000 difference, maybe a $ 800 one.....

These are $10.000 better spend on another gen - or even 2

Great post :)

plankton

Hi Plankton. Want to thank You for posting these comparison pics, just great to share the pics from the gen compared to...

From the discussion going on and the - divided - fractions I just make out that the reps are actually very good, minor differences in the bezel ring apart.

Personally the red lettering beats all the rest and You are right - visually there is no $10,000 difference, maybe a $ 800 one.....

These are $10.000 better spend on another gen - or even 2

Great post :)

Thanks, appreciated. I honestly think the entire gen market is really nice but also kind of a scam or rip off. If we got Noob to spend an extra 200 on the watch body, crystal, o-rings and threads needed to seal the watch we could be right there with any gen. BK has proven an ETA movement or even the Swiss clones that TC is using are just as good when tuned properly.

Thanks also about my red one, I like wearing it more so than I did the gen. I wear these things to please me not anyone else.

Haltec
The rep from BK is really so close, with AR and some color I think it's a nicer looking watch. Here is a pic of the other one. The red script DSSD is my favorite, I'm sending it in soon for AR, lume, WP.

009_zps3e1aa562.jpg

Shouldn't red script be only on pvd black watch?

Haltec

PeterWorcester

In the FWIW dept. I just received one of BK's latest batches, he was kind enough to hold a gen Swiss ETA (as opposed to the Sellita). Of course as usual, with BK, I bombarded him with questions which he always takes the time to answer despite his extremely busy schedule.

Since he ships from CONUS he sent my watch on Monday and I received it that week on Wednesday, so I've had it for 10 days.

I have not taken it off my wrist for more than maybe 30 seconds since I initially opened it put on my timing machine to get a base reading oogled over it for about an hour and onto the wrist she went.

It is a real beauty and this time I really lucked out with my ETA movement. In 10 days it has gained a mere 1 second and that could have been me with the initial setting. Normally I would put a new watch in my winder for a week or so then right to the bench and my timing machine, to check it out and likely would then stet a 3-4 day long process of tweaking the movement to keep the most accurate time it can. I have yet to even think about doing that with this watch. One last thing on the ETA I got, this is the first ETA I've ever seen on any rep that doesn't have even the slightest stutter, this movement's second hands has a phenomenal sweep to it, no matter what position it's in. I have yet to ever see a rep "Swiss ETA 2836-2" without some stuttering albeit small unless you are looking for it. This one I can look as hard as I possibly can and it's still a perfect sweeping second hand, also never seen that before.

This is, I believe the latest noob factory watch , with a BK DW, cleaned up hands, pressed crystal, adjusted insert and water proofing.

All I can really say is WOW! This one a definite "keeper" The pearl is excellent, it's got a glass or plastic cover over the cup so it is as gen like as I've ever seen. The band feel different, it's very soft on the edges and yet , when it's off my wrist it's very solid, no rattling or looseness in any of the links. The sel fit is almost perfect. All in all it's the best DSSD I've ever seen or owned. I think I have 5 DSSD's now, this one by far and away the best of them all.

I'm a Rollie fan so everything I buy, I now, always buy from BK. He is SOOOO easy to work with, he has taken care of me more times that I can count. I have never ever received a "dud"/"lemon" from him.

If I email and ask him if he can get a certain watch, he'll tell me straight up that, while he could get it for me, he'd recommend that I not buy one for various reasons, Only once did I not listen to him and went and bought one, a beauty at first, from another TD and damn if BK wasn't right on, exactly what we wanted me about happened.

BK, in my experience, is a stand up guy, no BS, his prices are a little higher sometimes but so far, that old adage, "You get what you pay for" is absolutely true with BK. You may pay a little more but if there are any problems they get taken care of right away. So far I have yet to ever return a watch to BK because something went wrong.

Like I said up top this it just my opinion and my experience, you mileage may vary, but I have never been let down by one of BK's creations. Sorry, I realize this sounds like an ad for BK didn't intend it to be like that, I just wanted to share my $02 with folks. I haven't seen a new BP watch to compare it to BK's latest DSSD but I'm trying to get a friend of mine to buy a BP DSSD and then I can really look them over. Meanwhile I'll keep my BK on my wrist, it feels right and looks awesome.

Cheers all,

Peter

plankton
The rep from BK is really so close, with AR and some color I think it's a nicer looking watch. Here is a pic of the other one. The red script DSSD is my favorite, I'm sending it in soon for AR, lume, WP.

009_zps3e1aa562.jpg

Shouldn't red script be only on pvd black watch?

Haltec

Thats funny, no actually you can mod it anyway you like. I chose this approach.

plankton

In the FWIW dept. I just received one of BK's latest batches, he was kind enough to hold a gen Swiss ETA (as opposed to the Sellita). Of course as usual, with BK, I bombarded him with questions which he always takes the time to answer despite his extremely busy schedule.

Since he ships from CONUS he sent my watch on Monday and I received it that week on Wednesday, so I've had it for 10 days.

I have not taken it off my wrist for more than maybe 30 seconds since I initially opened it put on my timing machine to get a base reading oogled over it for about an hour and onto the wrist she went.

It is a real beauty and this time I really lucked out with my ETA movement. In 10 days it has gained a mere 1 second and that could have been me with the initial setting. Normally I would put a new watch in my winder for a week or so then right to the bench and my timing machine, to check it out and likely would then stet a 3-4 day long process of tweaking the movement to keep the most accurate time it can. I have yet to even think about doing that with this watch. One last thing on the ETA I got, this is the first ETA I've ever seen on any rep that doesn't have even the slightest stutter, this movement's second hands has a phenomenal sweep to it, no matter what position it's in. I have yet to ever see a rep "Swiss ETA 2836-2" without some stuttering albeit small unless you are looking for it. This one I can look as hard as I possibly can and it's still a perfect sweeping second hand, also never seen that before.

This is, I believe the latest noob factory watch , with a BK DW, cleaned up hands, pressed crystal, adjusted insert and water proofing.

All I can really say is WOW! This one a definite "keeper" The pearl is excellent, it's got a glass or plastic cover over the cup so it is as gen like as I've ever seen. The band feel different, it's very soft on the edges and yet , when it's off my wrist it's very solid, no rattling or looseness in any of the links. The sel fit is almost perfect. All in all it's the best DSSD I've ever seen or owned. I think I have 5 DSSD's now, this one by far and away the best of them all.

I'm a Rollie fan so everything I buy, I now, always buy from BK. He is SOOOO easy to work with, he has taken care of me more times that I can count. I have never ever received a "dud"/"lemon" from him.

If I email and ask him if he can get a certain watch, he'll tell me straight up that, while he could get it for me, he'd recommend that I not buy one for various reasons, Only once did I not listen to him and went and bought one, a beauty at first, from another TD and damn if BK wasn't right on, exactly what we wanted me about happened.

BK, in my experience, is a stand up guy, no BS, his prices are a little higher sometimes but so far, that old adage, "You get what you pay for" is absolutely true with BK. You may pay a little more but if there are any problems they get taken care of right away. So far I have yet to ever return a watch to BK because something went wrong.

Like I said up top this it just my opinion and my experience, you mileage may vary, but I have never been let down by one of BK's creations. Sorry, I realize this sounds like an ad for BK didn't intend it to be like that, I just wanted to share my $02 with folks. I haven't seen a new BP watch to compare it to BK's latest DSSD but I'm trying to get a friend of mine to buy a BP DSSD and then I can really look them over. Meanwhile I'll keep my BK on my wrist, it feels right and looks awesome.

Cheers all,

Peter

Congrats, amazing movement isnt it. To bad they are to disappear......

009_zps3e1aa562.jpg

I shipped my BK DSSD in for an AR treatment and wanted to know did you opt for the single or double AR?

Double inside AR.

Thrasher

Plankton you have by far the best DSSD ever, PRO HUNTER= YES, RED DEEPSEA= YES and I thought I saw it with red at the tip of the seconds hand? What's up you holding out on us?????

plankton

Plankton you have by far the best DSSD ever, PRO HUNTER= YES, RED DEEPSEA= YES and I thought I saw it with red at the tip of the seconds hand? What's up you holding out on us?????

Red tip, 2836-2 running at perfect SPD, it really is the best rep or gen I've ever seen.

Flipper81

Annoyingly this is making me want this even more!! I have a list of wants and this was 4th in line now I am seriously starting to wonder

plankton

The Noob BK is really close, the triangle on BP really seems to be closer.

wanlo

Anyone know where i can get a gen dssd insert? I have the latest noob but the insert is a sore eye. I have been looking around but only insert available for sale is the classic metal ones.

Pablo33

I picked up a gen bezel and ceramic insert for £600, transformed my 2014 noob! Pricey though!