Sign in to follow this  
mondeov6

Omega Speedmaster Lemania/Venus problems

mondeov6

Hi,

Sitting here a bit ashamed and embarressed ;) since I just got a call from my brother in law.

I gave him an Omega Speedmaster with the Lemania/Venus movement a couple of weeks ago as payment for helping me

with a welding job on my car.

Now the watch have problems. A couple of days ago the stem started "free wheeling" when setting time. Now

it is "free wheeling" most of the time and only engages occasionally. Also the power reserv is only three to four hours

fully winded.

This is in no way a "user related" problem. My brother in law owns a gen Omega handwind as well as a couple of

other manual/automatic watches. (Some of them he bought 20-25 years ago.) So he is in no way a "noob" when

handling watches.

I know the Lemania/Venus movement is a very reliable and good movement. But anything can break even if it is new.

I am not at all angry or to dissapionted over this, just a tad ashamed and embarrassed at the moment. :Whistle:

I did send a mail to TS about this and I am sure they will help with repairing the watch. After all it is only four "weeks old".

No point in trying to repair it here in Sweden. It will be very hard to find a watch smith who will except a rep.

Rolf

Anyone have any clue/suggestions about what is wrong?

greg_r

No clue what the problem is, but I'm sure Mark will sort it out for you. Rare to hear of a problem with an ST19 - they're usually pretty well bomb proof...

mondeov6
No clue what the problem is, but I'm sure Mark will sort it out for you. Rare to hear of a problem with an ST19 - they're usually pretty well bomb proof...

Sent new mail to TS yesterday with requested pictures of the watch along with a new description of the problem.

Guess my first one was not a very easy one to understand... heck not even I understod what I wrote! :noway:

No answer to it yet though.

Well guess I just have to wait and see. I am confident I will get help sorting this problem. My experience of TS so far is flawless!!

Rolf