Sign in to follow this  
viperbob

First Watch Purchase - Should I be disappointed?

viperbob

Just got my first purchases of Replica watches. Got them from the Time Shop. Delivery was great. Here in 6 days to Florida. Packed very well.

I ordered the special they had on the Rolex DeepSea Seadweller and a Panerai. The Sea Dweller is awesome. Very nice. My buddy has a real one that I will be checking out the diffs that are noticable. Now the Panerai that I received was not the one I ordered. I ordered high end Marina Milatare, titanium with light brown leather band and white stiching. What as sent was an even more expensive($40) Swan Neck (had to figure out what that was) Marina model. Simlilar in appearance except does not say Militare on dial and band is darker brown with same color stitching. I had selected the model I did as I liked the Militare on the dial and I am dark skinned so a dark brown band is lost on my wrist so will need to replace it. Have not sent an email to Time Shop (Jamie I guess there) but doubt they will want to do anything. After all I got an even better deal on a more expensive watch. So am I being too picky to get the exact model I selected or what? Is that normal in the world of Replicas?

Edited by viperbob

Tressles61

Please post pics of the Rep Sea Dweller and the genuine Sea Dweller and note the differences. We rarely get to see that here.

Personally I like the Luminor Marina 111's. Sounds like you got one of those. Hope it all works out for you.

gB.
Have not sent an email to Time Shop (Jamie I guess there) but doubt they will want to do anything.

E-mail Mark directly at his service e-mail on the timeshops.net homepage and he will sort it out for you in no time. He has some of the best after sales service! I had problems with three watches from TS and he has sorted almost all of it out with no problem (including the Tag Cerrara I just sold on M2M).

Now if we could only find that missing YM in Chinese post system. :Whistle: Sent almost 6 weeks ago back for repair and no sight of it... ;) Chinese postman might be sporting a very nice YM right now...;)

AllergyDoc

It is rare to get the wrong watch from an approved dealer.

You would have had to replace the strap anyway as the rep straps suck. Lots of excellent strap dealers on the board.

As for the watch, your choice. You'll have to ship this one back and wait for the replacement; you're looking at 1-2 months.

For Militare watches, why not order one from Gettat? You can get it superlume and shipped, on a damn good strap, for about $100.

viperbob

Thanks I will post some pics of the two Rolex watches together. Rep seems really nice though. Heavy, band expansion release very nice, etc. Very happy with this.

I will email Mark. I just responded to an email I had from Jamie but will forward off to him. At this point I have not even tried to wind it or anything. Thanks for the advice to a noob...

Edited by viperbob

viperbob

Well Time Shop is offering a $20 credit (or the standard USD$20 discount you can get on their website anyway so nothing really) or send it back Standard Airmail and they will credit up to $10 shipping but they say it will take a long time. So in other words, "you have whatever we sent so be happy". Will try Mary next time since they are not giving me a compelling reason to reorder. Already have a black carbon fiber with white stitching band on order.

My buddy did not have on his Gen SeaDweller yesterday when he saw my watch (he had his gold Daytona). He is a Rolex freak (6-8 at any one time and a new one every year). When I showed him the watch he was shocked. He said weight, detail, feel, etc was unreal. Without comparing the two watches side by side the only thing he thougt may be off was the "Swiss Time" label at the 6 oclock on the dial may be slightly too big. I'm ok with that. Actually he said he was going to order one for those times he may be doing something and does not want to risk his real one. Will post pics of 2 together when I can.

Brightlight

This is one of the downsides of buying reps Bob, if you get the wrong thing or it has problems on arrival it's going to cost you a little money one way or another. This is an illegal trade, and you can't expect the sort of service you get from the AD in your town. Having said that, the dealers are usually very good about changing or replacing, even offering discounts on your next purchase but you have to accept you are going to be a little out of pocket. If that's not acceptable, the rep world is not really for you.

KBH

Sometimes it's easier just to put it up for sale and move it on rather than pay to ship it back and wait for an exchange. More than likely you can sell it for almost what you paid for it.