Sign in to follow this  
sconehead

Rolex Submariner 'LV', with gen black insert fitted, shhhh...

sconehead

Just popped a gen insert into my modded TWB LV.

All the usual suspects, noob dial/datewheel, gen nickel 2836-2, gen crown/tube, shaved guards and now a gen black insert.

Can't get an LV insert for love nor money but I've seen a few gens on TZ modded like this.

Mags way off on crystal so I'm going to replace it with a Clarks aftermarket one. While I'm doing this I'll take 1mm off the retaining ring so that the gen insert sits correctly.

Sorry for the crap pics...but I had a monkey on my back... :wub:

watches023mq5.jpg

w1030.png

All the hype about watchmaterial pearls etc. don't cut the mustard to the real deal...

watches028vo9.jpg

w1030.png

On my sons wrist, he had to act as model 'cos he's worse at taking photo's than me...IF THAT'S POSSIBLE!

watches052fw2.jpg

w530.png

The TWB Sub's come with a solid bracelet, I've tried a 'noob' one on this watch but the sheen and lustre just don't compare, the solid one is just better quality and appears more gen like IMO...

By the way, I picked up this used gen insert off e-bay last year for $35, if you're patient you will find a decent deal out there... ;)

JohnG

$35 - wow!!!!!!!!!!

Nice mod.

sconehead

Got the gen crown and tube for $50 shipped as well. The guy traded under VVEL on the bay, haven't seen him for a while though. Just picked up a gen crown for my BCE and am waiting for a gen white dial and bezel from a dealer on the bay as well...going to try to get the pair for around $400 shipped if he'll go that low. I'm only doing it 'cos I've got a BCE case and bracelet lying around. Anyone got a gen ETA 7750 25j movement they don't need???

By the way the pictures don't really show just how good that bracelet is. BK posted recently comparing the WM9 (which I'm seriously thinking about) to a gen and to be honest this one is miles closer...

iabounty

Fantastic sconehead. Hope the BCE comes togather as well and of course pics man, when it does.... :toilet: