Sign in to follow this  
plankton

AP FC Diver latest versions from PT and PC (update)

Zaindeenemoon

Hi everyone, having seen the gen, the HC logo is closer to gen (thinner than v3/PT) but the dial is too dull on HC, needs more sheen. The lume on HC is too green on the bezel numbers, needs to be more white. V3/PT's logo is too thick and not precise enough. Both PT and HC did a bad job on the AR (crystal and cyclops) which is dead giveaway. Looking forward to v4

c888

Overall, the v3 from j12 factory, (one PT sells) is considered better then the H factory. Some do a swap of parts to make it a best of both.. Can't remember what parts to use, but think the H had a better case, lug fitment and hands. H has worse caseback and movement issues. Few other things I can't remember.

They both have wrong bezel fonts and "Audemars Piguet" font. Also the AR is obvious tell in the hand on both versions.

H vs v3

PA300009_zpsad931789.jpg

Gen:

DSC_9770x_zpsc9025de3.jpg

Zaindeenemoon

Hi c888, thanks! Yes, your observations are correct. When I refer to logo, it's the Audemars Piguet printing. Also agree with you that v3 is a better made rep vs H if you consider the most visible parts of the watch, which is the time telling face. Otherwise, they both are close.

If we are not too picky, as long as v4 fixes the logo printing (to be like H factory), slightly modifies the date window, do better AR on both crystal and cyclops, ensure proper adjustment of DW, and improve the lume and numbering on bezel (the gen has somewhat protruding lume number applications on bezel, the reps look like paint job), the final outcome will be simply amazing. The sheen on dial on current v3 is acceptable.

plankton

Such close watches to gen really. I have heard nothing about a V4 as of yet. You guys??

PolonusTM

I just bought myself H-factory FC diver (cheaper to try these AP...) and guess what: the thing is keeping +1 sec/day OTB, without any regulation etc. I heard they put Liaoning SL3000 inside, which debuted in 2013... so maybe first batches of the movement were so problematic. Otherwise, movement reviews are quite nice, i.e. http://forums.watchuseek.com/f72/comparison-liaoning-peacock-sl3000-sea-gull-2130-a-883205.html

Is it LS3000 inside these H-factory's FC Divers? By the look, looks like it.

nlnlnlnene

Here it is...

my body is ready although it's being shipped tomorrow

unnamed-3_zps452a250e.jpg

unnamed_zps7931ea23.jpg

unnamed-4_zps158ff18e.jpg

Some un-modded pics from Instagram