Sign in to follow this  
plankton

AP FC Diver latest versions from PT and PC (update)

plankton

When I was looking for the FC Diver a number of various opinions came from our group here at RWG. I have 2 brand new AP FC Divers, one each from both factories. Pic heavy, Pure Time on left and PC on the right.

Please post opinions as I'm not an expert at all on these AP's. The one thing I did notice is when I was doing the lume shots the watch on the left seemed to hold it's lume a lot longer (see pics- each was removed from light at the same time). Second thing, does the watch on the right look slightly thinner?????

PC has the value on price, service, communication here. PT has a smoother movement, lume from what i noticed. Both watches came exceptionally tuned, +2 and +1 flat angle on my timeographer. PT came with a slip showing it passed a water-resistance test. Josh took 8 days until delivery, PT took 26.

Pics are in room light, flash, dark.e Seagul movement in the Puretime version. I did tweak the timing 2 times, the watch has sat in my winder because of the new TC Sub coming iI sold the PC version but I have to brag about the Puretime Seagull movement, after 2 tweaks with the timing this watch is more accurate than my gens. Actually the most accurate are the BK DSSD w red and the damn AP FC Diver, amazing to me that these are holding time that well.....

005_zpsddb04807.jpg

006_zps5a6c9023.jpg

010_zpsd3fb171e.jpg

011_zpsa686e907.jpg

012_zpsb3f04957.jpg

015_zpsf68dec97.jpg

020_zps84955b5d.jpg

023_zps8c0fb029.jpg

024_zps93efd7ad.jpg

NFleischer

Nice review, thanks. Looks wise, very close. But I'm not usually a fan of the H Factory mov'ts. Still, it's $130 less.

plankton

I agree however the H factory movement actually stayed within a second over 4 days on the watch winder. I've never had one perform that good out of the box.

Corv99

is it just the angle of photo's or is the one on the left a bit bigger?

Rolexwatchman

hard to judge photo its crooked angle of photos but is there any differences here?

024_zps93efd7ad.jpg

Edited by Rolexwatchman

plankton

hard to judge photo its crooked angle of photos but is there any differences here?

024_zps93efd7ad.jpg

Just the angle, sorry about that. The PT one has the same cut.

Corv99

I've seen one close up and they are a lovely piece

plankton

This is my first AP, have been a Rolex guy largely.

Rolexwatchman

the first one seems to be better overall... even crooked at 35 pin on the second one!

plankton

the first one seems to be better overall... even crooked at 35 pin on the second one!

Man I didn't even notice that..........

WatchGuy>IT

I really want an FC DIver but i'm waiting for the next version, hoping that the FC pattern looks like the one on the new 44mm ROO.

wtcf90

I love APs to death, but being a guy who has to wear a suit so often, Divers don't half feel uncomfortable on a wrist with a shirt. Maybe it's the rubber grip. Thank you for the information

Rolexwatchman

At 40 also its a differences.

tanweekiat

Leave the poor man alone! Hahahah! Pointing out these defects... Ouch!

wtcf90

PC face has much less of a 'sheen'. If that makes any sense whatsoever!!

Edited by wtcf90

Rolexwatchman

Leave the poor man alone! Hahahah! Pointing out these defects... Ouch!

Edited browser error

Nah it's fine because he have them both :)

Edited by Rolexwatchman

Del Boy

Hmmm... both look so close.

I'm thinking... get PC one... get an extra spare ceramic bezel... send to Kenny for relume, regulate and waterproof... under condition that if first bezel cracks it's not his fault.

Or wait for full ceramic orange version... :Whistle:

bbmen

definitely getting this or the ap roo fc 44mm as my first rep. love the forged carbon

mr.pizza

Thanks for the comparision mate. How's the weight of those 2 ? I've heard that the v3 (PT) is lighter than the H-fac is this true ?

plankton

Wearing the PT one now at meetings. I like it the best, just feels better. The rubber strap takes a couple of wears to get used to.

cnwh

I just bought myself a h-fac FC from a sister forum and would like to know the measurement of the rubber straps. What wrist size does the last hole fits? I have a tiny wrist that measures around 6.3-6.4"

lfovco

It will be too big. You will have to get a genuine small rubber strap

cnwh

e8anyba6.jpg

Woo hoo! The last hole fits, not too loose! Saved myself my more than a day's wage for the xs strap!

lfovco

Ha.. lucky you. Did not work for me, I'd need an extra hole. So a genuine short strap for me.

plankton

This movement from PT is working out to be the best movement "out of the box" that I have. Even my Rollie gens don't stay on like this one. all I had to do was time it.