Sign in to follow this  
Ice_Man

Vintage Watches...brands to start with

Ice_Man

I found some vintage Tags in the 300-550 range, some of the models are quartz so I be weary of these?

fatarms

Oh.. I guess i forgot to post my vintage piece.

Whilst we are talking about Longines, here's mine I found for $80

RWG

1. http://www.rwg.bz/bo...l=&fromsearch=1

2. http://www.rwg.bz/bo...l=&fromsearch=1

It keeps ridiculously good time. One day I'll get around to testing it's accuracy

Yeah.... neither of those links work and they both go to the same dead page. :lol:

TheInthusiest

Oh.. I guess i forgot to post my vintage piece.

Whilst we are talking about Longines, here's mine I found for $80

RWG

1. http://www.rwg.bz/bo...l=&fromsearch=1

2. http://www.rwg.bz/bo...l=&fromsearch=1

It keeps ridiculously good time. One day I'll get around to testing it's accuracy

Yeah.... neither of those links work and they both go to the same dead page. :lol:

Wow.. K thanks for pointing that out.

Here are the links.

1. http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=56273

2. http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=56221

fatarms

Awesome, thank you :) I was hoping that you'd post the real links. I wanted to see the vintage Longines :)

Mazz

Seiko 6105 range very classic also the 62 MAS also vintage Tunas and Bellmatics

TheInthusiest
Awesome, thank you :) I was hoping that you'd post the real links. I wanted to see the vintage Longines :)

It's pretty sweet! I'm planning on selling it soon once I get it looked at by someone who knows about WWII pieces.

abs0025

Vintage Rolex would be the choice for me

TheInthusiest
Vintage Rolex would be the choice for me

Good luck finding one relatively cheap in relatively good condition.

Close to impossible.

Don't forget about servicing fees.

offshore

Actually starting to look at the divers more. I know of course there is alway seikos, any other divers I should keep an eye out for?

There are plenty which will offer big $$ gains.

Grab a Doxa if you can still find one cheap, any Squale vintage, Zodiac Sea Wolf, Jenny, Certina DS...the list can go on and on.

Pay attention especially to anything with a bakelite bezel. it probably will be worth contemplating.

O/S

Kcore

I found some vintage Tags in the 300-550 range, some of the models are quartz so I be weary of these?

Sorry but I'm not familiar with vintage Tags and couldn't offer an opinion.

Martinjogs

Just saying, has OP perhaps considered going vintage rep? That way you can get your hands on some classic sub designs, primarily Rolex and Omega subs...they can be aged to suit and don't cost and arm and a leg to buy at well under the $500 mark. If it is a watch for wearing, why not? I used to collect vintage gens but got tired of folks asking silly prices on eBay and the same reasons as they guys above have pointed out.

Pharmo

I do like the look of some vintage seikos`s.. plenty about as well.

Dr. Jimmy

Nothing wrong with a guartz Tag IMHO. Series 1000s might be interesting for you. There are some cool affordable Ollech &Wajs pieces out there that are also worth considering.

JasperB

Omega (Dynamic, Constellation, Seamaster) Longines, Mido (Commander series has loads of variations) Rado. All affordable, all oozing retro class.

gtwc

Girard-Perregaux, Eterna (Eterna-matic), Favre-Leuba......................

they should get your juices flowin'...............

_DC_

Was starting to think no one was gonna mention Girard Perregaux, it's the obvious choice, a true prestige brand with heritage and quality vintage pieces in good condition that can be purchased for under $1000 for the more simple pieces. That's where I'd start!!!

DC

Ice_Man

Wow guys thanks for all the input!

I will have to admit, as you guys have seen in my post "message for newbies" I do have a slight problem with impulse buying, and late last night I started getting the itch again to impulse buy a watch. So I had to turn off the computer and step away and go get some sleep. Thankfully that urge is gone an I can go back to doing some casual research again.

-TS

alex.cpa

Vintage Pam's rule. Maybe this one will be inspirational:

edujadym.jpg

nuta8e9u.jpg

atumugas.jpg

ahaguqam.jpg

My first vintage build - river 3646 with self painted and lumed Daytona dial + hands, sterncruiz 392 lowdome, powered by ham917. Super soft calf vintagized strap - with sewed in Elias knife added vintage brass nickel plated buckle - is by my buddy Serge of D-straps

RUSH2112

I will have to admit, as you guys have seen in my post "message for newbies" I do have a slight problem with impulse buying, and late last night I started getting the itch again to impulse buy a watch. So I had to turn off the computer and step away and go get some sleep. Thankfully that urge is gone an I can go back to doing some casual research again.

-TS

Every time I do "research" end result is purchase...

Mazz

Seiko

Ice_Man

-TS

Every time I do "research" end result is purchase...

Well the main end goal here would be a purchase but just not an impulse one where Im rushed into buying.

And I'm still trying to decide what my next step is: Go Vintage, 2012 Seamaster that toro has, or save an buy a Bulova Kirkwood, wouldn't even mind considering a Patek

Kcore

Was starting to think no one was gonna mention Girard Perregaux, it's the obvious choice, a true prestige brand with heritage and quality vintage pieces in good condition that can be purchased for under $1000 for the more simple pieces. That's where I'd start!!!

DC

While I've never been a fan of GPs for vintage acquisition, GP wristwatches do have a wonderful history with a very close tie to Germany as a supporter.

While watch history indicates that PP holds the honor of the first wristwatch, it is GP that holds the honor of producing the first " production" wristwatch for the German navy's officers in 1880.

Frankt8242

Go over to TimeZone and join their vintage forum...There is a true wealth of knowledge there...

Or...Stop by my house in Ft Myers...I'll hook you up with some.....cheap !!

Image001-22.jpg

I've got boxes full of them!!

Ice_Man

Go over to TimeZone and join their vintage forum...There is a true wealth of knowledge there...

Or...Stop by my house in Ft Myers...I'll hook you up with some.....cheap !!

Image001-22.jpg

I've got boxes full of them!!

Got any Omega seamasters in there by any chance? lol

gtwc

Also just remembered 'Universal Geneve'.

Superb automatics with their great 'micro-rotor'.

Happy Hunting !!!!