Sign in to follow this  
DejaWho

Crown stuck and won't pull out (Can't set the time).

DejaWho

Here we go again..

Thanks for all the help with my noisy JLC. Very grateful for the help!

The problem with this Chopard is that the crown is stuck and won't pull out. The watch works great otherwise (I just can't set the time).

I've taken the rotor out temporarily (not sure why) and that worked great, but after a few minutes, the crown wouldn't come out again.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

photo_4.jpg

photo_5.jpg

SSTEEL

Try loosening the movement clamps, and see if the crown will pull out then.

DejaWho

Thanks Micky,

It still won't go... Again, I am able to remove it completely and put it back in, but once it's in It won't go.

It lets we wind the watch, but it won't pull out so I can set the time.

Any other thoughts/suggestions?

SSTEEL

Sounds like the keyless work is screwed mate. Hands, and dial off Im afraid mate.

DejaWho

Sounds like the keyless work is screwed mate. Hands, and dial off Im afraid mate.

Don't think i'm quiet confident enough for that yet... Sounds to me like I would need to send it for repair... Though i'm not sure it's worth it with a $100 cheapie.

Although I do happen to have the same watch in a different color face (WI sent me the wrong one initially which I don't like and didn't want to deal with sending it back).

DejaWho

Reviving an old thread, anyone know who I can send this to? Katt won't touch it.

I have an identical watch with a different color face, was hoping to maybe just swap the faces.

Tr1cky

Try SSTEEL

He was giving you good advice above. I have used him myself and he is excellent.

DejaWho

Try SSTEEL

He was giving you good advice above. I have used him myself and he is excellent.

Um... Banned? but thanks Tr1cky.

trailboss99

Anyone is going to have to charge you at least 100 bucks inc shipping to fix it mate, why not sell it as is in M2M and buy a new one.

DejaWho

Anyone is going to have to charge you at least 100 bucks inc shipping to fix it mate, why not sell it as is in M2M and buy a new one.

I definitely need to make some room in the box, but what do I do with the broken one? Just eat the loss I guess?

jewped

What did you use to get the crown out? Button or screw?

If button, put it back in when you get as far as it goes, push the button and see if it will go in a little further and click

if screw - then you it should be half or full turn from tight, push stem in all the way, then tighten screw.

if neither of those work - its definitely keyless issue

DejaWho

Thank you Jewped! I actually just had someone fix it for me in a swap/sale deal which worked out for everyone.

I literally just got it back in the mail yesterday!