Sign in to follow this  
blockislandguy

What Does a Watch Salesperson Make? The Typical Customer?

blockislandguy

I wonder what a watch person earns working at a high end watch boutique?

I just came back from a week in Las Vegas and made the rounds of various high end watch boutiques. I noticed that the sales people worked long hours and probably were lucky to get one sale a week. (It must be hard to stay 'up', positive and cheerful with only one hit a week.) Most of the ones I met were recent immigrants to the US.

When I asked who the typical customer was, the sales people uniformly told me that the Asians were the big buyers, preferring brands heavily promoted in Asia like Vachon Constantin. The Americans were only interested in browsing.

RUSH2112
I wonder what a watch person earns working at a high end watch boutique?

I just came back from a week in Las Vegas and made the rounds of various high end watch boutiques. I noticed that the sales people worked long hours and probably were lucky to get one sale a week. (It must be hard to stay 'up', positive and cheerful with only one hit a week.) Most of the ones I met were recent immigrants to the US.

When I asked who the typical customer was, the sales people uniformly told me that the Asians were the big buyers, preferring brands heavily promoted in Asia like Vachon Constantin. The Americans were only interested in browsing.

I would assume that I could get a better price back home from a local TD that a TD on the Vegas strip so I M always a browser in Vegas too.

TheInthusiest

Not a lot.

Depending on position, wages range from just a tad higher than minimum wage to anywhere in the $60,000/ year.

Im positive that you went to the forum shoppes in one of the hotels, and you probably went to the store that is on 2 levels? In that store, the sales people dont make a lot. They probably are making about $30,000 if and so.

If you are working at a smaller, better known store, that sells much higher named brands that are considered "exclusive" (Patek, IWC,... etc), these people make about $60,000+ at the lowest position. (In Canada)

Source: I work part-time at my families jewelry store that sells the more exclusive items. We also have connections with other stores and often talk about openings for jobs and such.

TheInthusiest

Our clientele are indeed people of Oriental origins. That is due to our location, as it is primarily dominated by the asian population.

RUSH2112

Plus, almost 1/3 of planet is either Chinese or Indian and that is just a fraction of "Asia"

TheInthusiest

Plus, almost 1/3 of planet is either Chinese or Indian and that is just a fraction of "Asia"

and 80% of my income. :lol:

dingle

Bout three fifty

P4GTR

Bout three fifty

insightful. :poke:

boneyjr

Bout three fifty

insightful. :poke:

If you aren't a South Park fan you wouldn't get it.

Bout tree fiddy!

wolfwood

Our clientele are indeed people of Oriental origins. That is due to our location, as it is primarily dominated by the asian population.

What are the top 5 brands or models they buy in Vancouver? Mostly tourists or locals?

TheInthusiest

What are the top 5 brands or models they buy in Vancouver? Mostly tourists or locals?

Top five in no particular order from what im seeing as trends lately.

Rolex, Tag, Panerai, AP, Patek.

Tag not so much. But some have em.

Most of the oriental come from Hong Kong here to buy. many are locals.

Edited by TheInthusiest

blockislandguy

Making 60K a year in Vegas is probably the equivalent of 90K in So Cal.

When in Vegas I enjoy staying at the Venetian and browsing at Horologie and the better, more upscale watch boutique almost directly below it.

The factory owned Piaget boutique which is nearby is always empty. Not many people want to pop 23K for an Altiplano when it won't even protrude from your shirt sleeve so you can tell the world that you have arrived. Breitling has the bling market cornered.

RUSH2112

When in Vegas I enjoy staying at the Venetian and browsing at Horologie and the better, more upscale watch boutique almost directly below it.

The factory owned Piaget boutique which is nearby is always empty. Not many people want to pop 23K for an Altiplano when it won't even protrude from your shirt sleeve so you can tell the world that you have arrived. Breitling has the bling market cornered.

You lost me at "breitling has the bling market cornered." What does that mean?

HWG

You lost me at "breitling has the bling market cornered." What does that mean?

Right. My gen Breitling is not "bling". "Bling" is reserved for rappers and over zealous sports stars, all of which with no taste.