Sign in to follow this  
Dungeekin

In search of (something close to) a Flightmaster...

Dungeekin

Hi all

Having become an Omega fan since the rep bug bit me (I already have a PO, a 300m Bond 50th from Reg and a Speedie), I'm looking to source some of the rarer versions.

A forum search here tracked down a Z-33 from MR but the one I'm really dreaming of finding is a Flightmaster, and so far having trawled all the TD sites I've had no luck.

So as well as shooting MR an email to see if they can source something similar, I thought I'd ask the experts - my guess is that it's rarely, if ever, repped because of demand and complexity but has anyone seen or noticed either a rep or something similar on their travels please? The closest I've found is the Speedmaster 1996 Schumacher, which really isn't very close at all.

I'm not bothered about the movement - quartz or automatic would be fine - just wanted something that looked about right.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Thanks

Neil

jim993

I've been on many sites and have not seen anything like a flightmaster, the Z-33 looks to have the same case so perhaps they will look at it. The main problem will probably be the movement/register spacing as the flightmaster has a pretty complex dial.

I will keep an eye out and let you know.

black263

Wrong place to post. This isn't a review.

Dungeekin
Wrong place to post. This isn't a review.

True. I apologise. If a mod would be kind enough to move, please, I'd be grateful. Lesson learned.

Dungeekin
I've been on many sites and have not seen anything like a flightmaster, the Z-33 looks to have the same case so perhaps they will look at it. The main problem will probably be the movement/register spacing as the flightmaster has a pretty complex dial.

I will keep an eye out and let you know.

Thanks! In the meantime I'll keep slowly saving the £2k a gen will likely cost.. :-)