Sign in to follow this  
Derek Mc

Incoming Aquaracer Grande Date

Derek Mc

OK,,,, where to begin I had placed an order for a can1010.ba0821 Grande Date black

i.e.this one http://www.tagheuer....-steel-bracelet

Imagine my shock when I unpacked my precious haul and got this one.

OSP1_zps106cfdc2.jpg

Tag4_zps546b04cc.jpg

Tag3_zpsdd0040b6.jpg

OK, so picking my jaw back up off the floor, I have immediately gone into research mode, and I think in fairness it's not bad for a $99 replica. It has a very smooth sweep automatic movement, the chronograph works the date curiously goes to 39, as it is a dual disc counter I suspect? but hey I could use an extra eight days in the month,,,

I just don't know if I love it as much as I was preparing to love the can1010???

My first purchase from this buyer, sadly I never knew of this website until I had already ordered otherwise I would have bought a couple off the for sale section right away, Darn & blast!!! but hey :)

Build is excellent it is very heavy the bracelet very nice quality with a solid feeling clasp but, in a mill-formed finish not Tag quality at all. The outside of the clasp has a decent engraved name and such like, the links are very well formed and very nicely polished and brushed.

The bezel has a quality feel and after removing 4 full links the fit is, to me perfection!!

Would anyone care to comment on my choice and my delivered watch? does it look OK to others? I will most certainly wear this one a lot for work as in the construction industry I like a good loking watch that if the worst happens, I can forgive myself for damaging.

Many thanks I look forward to comments

Edited by Derek Mc

Derek Mc

tag-heuer-aquaracer-quartz-chronograph-grande-date-caf101a-ba0821.jpg

Overall I think this is a keeper for me as this pic is straight off the web and to the normal person's view rather than a trained eye, a really rather good rendition and nice looking watch in my humble.

dfq23

Which seller did you order from mate as a rep of first one is about $270 from a td, has same movement as the real thing and is a super rep, and one you got is about right price wise from Aliexpress for what it is

Edited by dfq23

Derek Mc

Hi,

I bought this one before I discovered this site, and used a supplier called Demowatch (website Demowatch.net)

I have worn it for four days and find it a great watch, good quality bracelet and case, keeping great time I set it against my Ebel and Rotary, and it is bang on so, by rule of thumb, more than happy. I terms of the caf101a model swap, it has really grown on me and from showing a few friends, with everyone favouring the style.

I have now naturally the choice of TD recommendations from here and so, will shop on the inside for future purchases, but, have to say, I had not a single issue here!

dfq23

Weird. Can't find the site as intrigued to have a look around

Edited by dfq23

mmaibl2011

The designs i have seen on the tag brand watches are some of the most interesting i have seen. Great mix between functionality and art. Beautiful.

Daywatch

If it works, it´s what matters and the overall design on that one is fine also. Wear it well

The TAG Grande Date from Sead/Supermirrors is indeed a superrep with all functions 1/10th sweeping seconds up to 12 hours stop time and movement - Swiss Ronda Quartz - as gen. Pushers/ buttons/ finish are high quality, expensive for quartz but it couldn´t come any better or closer to gen:

IMG_2110.jpg

IMG_2111.jpg

L1050589.jpg

Derek Mc

If it works, it´s what matters and the overall design on that one is fine also. Wear it well

The TAG Grande Date from Sead/Supermirrors is indeed a superrep with all functions 1/10th sweeping seconds up to 12 hours stop time and movement - Swiss Ronda Quartz - as gen. Pushers/ buttons/ finish are high quality, expensive for quartz but it couldn´t come any better or closer to gen:

IMG_2110.jpg

IMG_2111.jpg

L1050589.jpg

CAn you say which TD this one came from?

Daywatch

Hi Derek, this was from Supermirrors (Sead). Ships via UK, sometimes e-mail response is not too fast but really looks for good watches, qc-pictures only if requested, no need normally. This is a high quality rep. not comparable to most others, solid, tough construction, good threads, smooth crown etc. available in black or white. If You like it, get it, it´s better than good.