Sign in to follow this  
David1982

Defo a fake!!! eBay don't think so.....

David1982

Hi guys take a look at this tag on eBay... 271418308585. I've kindly told the owner but he's saying is a genuine so I reported it to eBay and they have done nothing about it, so he must of convinced them is gen. Come on guys get on to eBay and get it removed.

Sorry about the lack of a link. Me bad on interweb.

gB.

Why do you state it's fake?

FleaBay must have taken into consideration he's been a member since 2008 with 100% feedback, and one of his most recent positive feedbacks was for another Tag watch sale. Buy the seller not the watch, as the saying goes...

g.man

Blue screws on movement does scream fake.

David1982

No arrow on the G in tag, blue screws in the movement, wrong box for that model, no paper work... Does it need anymore

stevok2305

not really lol

Edited by stevok2305

David1982

As above

narikaa

Unless you are the rights holder for TAG watches FeeBay wont do anything

David1982

Do you think it's gen? I would say 100% rep

David1982

Some poor person is going spunk a lot of money on this watch. I got the same watch mine was £220 from WI. Bad times for that person

stevok2305

However, the original DOES have blue screws, plus if you zoom on the ebay pic it does have the arrow as on original. Not saying it is gen but think fleabay will give him the benefit of the doubt

Edited by stevok2305

David1982

Really blue screws in the gen??

onionbag

I can see one two..........

212x30571_8.png

BentleySharp

All in all, I'd say the ebay sale is quite well done for a scam. Lots of information. Crisp and clear photos. Longtime seller with %100 positive feedback. He's got a Tag branded box, tags on the watch, and claims to have a 2 year warranty.

I don't know enough about Tag Heuers to say whether or not it's a fake, but if it is, it's very convincing.

stevok2305

Whichever way, I certainly ain't buyin it! :rofl: Plus I just noticed, the manual says Professional GOLF watch?

Edited by stevok2305

fatarms

Quick google search of that serial number shows the same one (282204) on a few different models of carrera watches including some stainless steel ones. Highly doubt Tag Heuer would put that SN on multiple watches. I say fake.

BentleySharp

I can see one two..........

212x30571_8.png

$_57.JPG

Compare the movements in these two pictures (the second and larger pic is from the Ebay sale site. Both are labeled as "Tag Heuer Calibre 36" but there are some very noticable diferences between the two. Maybe it's just because of the angle of the photos, but then again, maybe not...

Placement of the gears looks different and the color of the screw to the immediate right of "Tag Heuer" on the movement, for starters...

David1982

Someone getting fucked in the ass on this bad boy!!!!

g.man

Date window is an atrocity.

David1982

It's a rep. In if's no but's

David1982

Wade in with the reports to eBay then guys. We can't let this wank stain make a couple of thousand on this FFs

onionbag

See, it's all a learning experience, pick it apart if you can, if you can't it's gen.............if you can then someone's fucked up.......dealers can make honest mistakes too.

stevok2305

Yep, just noticed that

stevok2305

.....................And reported! :flawpolice: :flawpolice:

JSJ

See, it's all a learning experience, pick it apart if you can, if you can't it's gen.............if you can then someone's fucked up.......dealers can make honest mistakes too.

Agreed. I was wondering if the guy actually knows it's a fake. Not defending a scammer in any way but it could be he doesn't know. Still doesn't help the buyer who gets stuck with it though.

BentleySharp

Agreed. I was wondering if the guy actually knows it's a fake. Not defending a scammer in any way but it could be he doesn't know. Still doesn't help the buyer who gets stuck with it though.

Well, there's one way to be sure. Contact the seller and present him with all the information we've amassed in this thread in the past 30 minutes (Blue screws, Different gears from gen Calibre 36 movement, Funky date window, etc. etc.) and if he is an honest seller who made an honest mistake, then he will take down the auction on his own. If he doesn't, then you know the score with him. The evidence is pretty damning.