Sign in to follow this  
AllergyDoc

Nice to have so many new members!

AllergyDoc

I've noticed we've gotten a lot of new members recently. What's been so great is, they're posting! None of us regulars mind it when someone joins up, finds a good source for a nice watch at a fair price, buys the watch, then scrams. It's an important function of the forum. :)

But it's great when new members participate. Fresh voices and opinions are greatly appreciated.* :)

Welcome, don't be shy, and have fun! B)

*I mean really, how much JohnG can one take in a year? :)

ebzen02

Great post AD! I'd like to second what he said. I think this is a great forum with the friendliest, albeit a bit twisted, bunch of guys (and occasional girls). This forum needs the fresh faces and points of view!! Welcome!

Ska

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

barkingtoad
Great post AD! I'd like to second what he said. I think this is a great forum with the friendliest, albeit a bit twisted, bunch of guys (and occasional girls). This forum needs the fresh faces and points of view!! Welcome!

GIRLS ????

WE GOT GIRLS????

ebzen02

GIRLS ????

WE GOT GIRLS????

Ever check our Section8?

cigator

I appreciate the hospitality on this site. A very eclectic group of folks here. I have refrained from some of the political dialogue but found it entertaining. I am awaiting my first rep from BK before I attempt further purchases. Although I have been tempted by some of the dealer listings. I may try a lower cost rep from overseas to see how it goes before I venture a try at a more expensive watch from overseas. Keep up the friendly chatter.

AllergyDoc

When I signed up at the old RWG everyone ignored me for three months. I think I closed every thread for a while. :D

skintrade

Cheers for that.................. not only have I posted but I have also tried x4 different dealers as well.

Money......... a distant memory :D

onzenuub
I appreciate the hospitality on this site. I have refrained from some of the political dialogue but found it entertaining.

What fucking political dialogue????????????????

nunu78

I luv this place and the ppl here from every walk of the life , had a lil bit argument but in the end itz the place to be n above all I luv the ppl here.

cigator
I appreciate the hospitality on this site. I have refrained from some of the political dialogue but found it entertaining.

NOT FRIENDLY!!!!!!!!!!

onzenuub

NOT FRIENDLY!!!!!!!!!!

I KNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

:D

Ska

NOT FRIENDLY!!!!!!!!!!

I think on reflection you might find that Onzey was saying muuuuuuuuuuuuch more about the 'dialogue' than about Cigator :D

JaervyBarzenblatz

I've rarely ever in my life seen a "polititical dialog" that had any "political dialog". The left tells the right they are wrong, the right tells the left they are wrong, and nobody ever changes the other persons mind or opinion. It is just fodder for people who like to argue about things. :D

KBH
I've rarely ever in my life seen a "polititical dialog" that had any "political dialog". The left tells the right they are wrong, the right tells the left they are wrong, and nobody ever changes the other persons mind or opinion. It is just fodder for people who like to argue about things. :)

The one man that understands!

But sometimes you have to at least try to counter the vicious lies from the other side. :D

AllergyDoc
I've rarely ever in my life seen a "polititical dialog" that had any "political dialog". The left tells the right they are wrong, the right tells the left they are wrong, and nobody ever changes the other persons mind or opinion. It is just fodder for people who like to argue about things. :D

Very true.

Although I have to add when you've been on the watch fora for several years, watch-talk can get boring. Especially if you're no longer buying.

vonGluberschmidt

lol... all you regulars scare us off.

:D

AllergyDoc

You know, I hear Onze drinks a lot... :D

You have to take him (and most of us) with a grain of salt.

But, judging by how many pages debate and flame threads run, we do like to bicker with each other. Or at least some of us do.

You quickly learn which threads to avoid. If you can. If you don't find yourself drawn like a moth to the flame... Or like a trailer park denizen to an old episode of Jerry Springer.

Here's a tip: if I'm not completely sure the topic is safe, I never click on a JohnG thread.

pollux1

You just nailed it mate, when the rest figure out that most else is just said to rile people we're fucked!

Demsey

I know what you are trying to say, but, there is A LOT of political dialogue here. There is just no, or very little, DEBATE.

Debate is an argument certainly, but not one that should bring rise of emotion and blood pressure (unless that is a deliberate tactic) or ever be entered into to 'change another's mind or opinion' personally. If anyone here is interested in true debate then they should be willing to argue points of issues they personally do not agree with. You know like it would be; AT taking Joey's side or vice versa for the sake of good argument.

It is a 'contest' that is scored by an objective judge or panel acting as emcee. Just as the objective of a Fencing duel is to not run the opponent through, it is points for style. In a debate rules may vary, suffice, a proposition, predetermined and usually unknown to the participants ('JohnG' is the go to guy in this regard), is put forth by the emcee and the merits of the validity of the statement are argued by each side taking turn to either validate the statement or refute it. The roles 'For' or 'Against' (Pro/Con) are similarly assigned to the participants at their loss. The participants can draw on any intellectual resource they wish to sway the opinion of the judge(s) as to who made the better case.

It is an exercise that has a definite 'winner'. Personal opinions of the participants are wholely disregarded. These two aspects are altogether absent in RWG political dialogue and belie debate.

Often the heated political troll threads come close to debate in their mechanics however . Meh, I like it. You can steer the mood of the thread to a bias, defuse it, stoke it, send it into Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas territory. Trip yourself up with inane errant comment and try to navigate, pronounced; wea·sel (wē′zəl) out. You know, basically fuck with people. People need to be fucked with. We are all too self righteous and self important. We all pretty much suck. Except maybe ten people here. Or eight. No, ten. You can also learn something through he process; incidental fact and information, something about yourself, others, the world around, or merely how to successfully navigate html controls and ethernet mechanics.

It is not possible to truely host a proper debate on a forum of this nature for many obvious reasons, not the least of which; there is no time limit a participant can 'think up dumb shit' and post it as a counter. In a proper debate, time restraints define skill. Also, the availability of search engines give participants too much 'artificial intelligence' on which to draw. As I mentioned earlier drawing on any intellectual resource is valid. Even 'making up dumb shit' out of left field. It is a dicey at best, akin to making illegal moves in blitz chess. If you get away with it, then, well, you do, and you may garner sway of the judge in your favor. On the internet however some involved, or uninvolved member will call the bluff with Goooooooogle and try to expose the transmitter as being a liar or just stooooooopid. I think we all try that hand too much. I mean, honestly.

But enough of this here. This thread is an altruistic olive branch designed to gel the camaraderie of the membership and give the board a much needed, these past few days, 'warm fuzzy all over'. Ewww.

I'm going back to my base. Which are all belong to Onze.

Edited by Demsey

GC
you have to take ....most of us with a grain of salt.

Except me, me you take as serious as a heart attack... got it?!

And yes...what ever AllergyDoc said, about the welcome and all that other bollocks...what ever!

Brightlight

Gee I thought this was a political debating forum where people occasionally talked about watches and other things. I mean just look at the name of the forum - "Replica-watc........." oh wait a minute, I get it!

greg_r

:rofl:@Brightlight

AD: great post. Yes, it's good to see all the new members - and especially to see them posting! The old '7 members' gag was a little too close to the truth and it's good to see that change.

Del

Thanks for your original post AD :rofl:. I really enjoy this forum - it's very informative, helpful and entertaining ;). I always liked watches but am now totally hooked on this rep thing - in less than 2 months I have ordered from HoS, Narikaa and TS - where is it going to end ;) .....;).

Brightlight
Thanks for your original post AD :rofl:. I really enjoy this forum - it's very informative, helpful and entertaining ;). I always liked watches but am now totally hooked on this rep thing - in less than 2 months I have ordered from HoS, Narikaa and TS - where is it going to end ;) .....;).

In tears. These things always end in tears........... ;)