Sign in to follow this  
nvm3

Hello everyone!

nvm3

Just wanted to drop by and say hi. I also had a questions that I hope someone might be able to answer. I'm looking at purchasing a replica Luminor Marina and was wondering what the different in the following two links are:

http://www.replicamake.com/product_info.ph...roducts_id=1419

http://timeshops.net/PA6016_-_Panerai_Mari...H_090012-91.htm

There is obviously a big price difference but both have the Asian Valjoux 7750. Am I missing something? TIA

AllergyDoc

I wouldn't spend $428 + 25 for that 104, better crystal or not.

But I'm not a PAM expert. :D

Ska

Welcome to RWG!

I agree with AllergyDoc - and I'd also definitely recommend asking someone like Greg and once you've been given some good advice from the Panerai Brugade I'd strongly consider talking to Robert (PWC) about getting one from him.

Be wary though - Robert sells enormous quantities of watches, his pams ate some of the best put there and many of the real obsessives swear by him but be SURE to have done your research first because he won't have time to answer a load of questions. Don't let it put you off though - just use the forum to do your groundwork that's what it's for!

All the best

Ska

skintrade

Deffo hold your passion and do some more groundwork. Robert of PWC is definately worth checking out ref PAMs. Don't forget that whatever you pay (usually over the $220 mark for a good one) you will probably want to restrap as well, so you can add at least $90 for a good after market strap.

and welcome btw :D

KBH

Well, were are all the Pam experts today?

Welcome nvm3, wish I could help. One of the Pamboyz should be along soon. :D

nvm3

Thanks for the info guys! Just PMed PWC and attempting to find the thread with the reputable guy that makes some awesome straps for many of you satisfied customers (can't recall his screen name). Enjoy the weekend everyone!

AllergyDoc

Bob Bean

prestigewatchco

I have a very nice 104 with sapphire and 7750 movement price is $199 I also have the same watch with Seagull 21J movement at $129

Bobbean is the best strap guy I would thing although he is MIA of late

nvm3
I have a very nice 104 with sapphire and 7750 movement price is $199 I also have the same watch with Seagull 21J movement at $129

Bobbean is the best strap guy I would thing although he is MIA of late

Bob Bean it is! Thanks a lot guys! PWC, any pics?

nvm3

Ok well I've done some snooping but I really don't have time to search and read every single thread as I'm a 4th year dental student, SO, where can I get the best Panerai Luminor Marina (automatic 44mm) regardless of the cost (besides the real thing lol). The general consensus seems to be that the $400+ rep isn't worth the price so if I purchase from Timeshop and get straps from Bob Bean, would that satisfy you if you were purchasing the watch?

greg_r

Yup - would definitely go with Robert's suggestion. Some of these so-called 'Ultimate' models are really not worth the extra dough imho...

nvm3
Deffo have word with Robert, I got a 111 from him and I am over the moon with it, see info below

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...c=7370&st=0

Beautiful watch, I might even have to reconsider my order! Did you get the strap from a separate dealer or with the watch?

coolin

Saw skins watch myself it's awesome however his strap was almost as much as the watch! But well worth the money

Col

skintrade
Deffo have word with Robert, I got a 111 from him and I am over the moon with it, see info below

Beautiful watch, I might even have to reconsider my order! Did you get the strap from a separate dealer or with the watch?

I bought the Mario Paci Congac Special Reserve from TC (Time Connection)

Here is a link to a post I did before when researching aftermarket straps, hope it helps.

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=7102

nvm3

I bought the Mario Paci Congac Special Reserve from TC (Time Connection)

Here is a link to a post I did before when researching aftermarket straps, hope it helps.

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=7102

Very BIG help! TC has an excellent selection and precisely the strap I've been looking for (black alligator, black stitching). Thank you very much!!!!

nvm3

Also, can anyone comment on the strap quality of the watch (Luminor Marina) offered on timeshops.net?

greg_r
Also, can anyone comment on the strap quality of the watch (Luminor Marina) offered on timeshops.net?

Rep straps are almost invariably crap (I've only retained the rep strap on two of the Panerai reps I've owned - the rest have been binned). You'll want to replace it but you don't necessarily have to spend a fortune doing so - there are cheaper alternatives than Mario Paci etc if you're not looking to spend that kind of money on a strap; Getat - as an example - sell some very good quality hand-made straps at around $40.

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse!

111's look great on bracelet's too.....:D

4542616475_56b43b5723_z.jpg

greg_r
welcome to the nuthouse!

111's look great on bracelet's too.....:D

4542616475_56b43b5723_z.jpg

That looks strangely familiar.... :rofl:

nvm3

Well I received the watch and am very satisfied with it, until the strap decided to come loose and it fell on the floor at a bar last night. Seems the pin came loose which connects the strap to the watch. Luckily there is no visible damage to the watch itself, surprising not even a scratch. Does aftermarket straps come with pins or not? Thanks for your help guys!

Edited by nvm3

greg_r

It's always worth checking the tightness of screws when you receive a watch. You can buy replacement tubes and screws on eBay (you'll need 24mm size) or from most Panerai strap dealers.

nvm3
It's always worth checking the tightness of screws when you receive a watch. You can buy replacement tubes and screws on eBay (you'll need 24mm size) or from most Panerai strap dealers.

Much thanks!

nvm3

Well I've ordered a strap from TC that is to be used with the deployment buckle that came originally with my rep. Will this tool kit: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=3065 contain everything I need to take the clasp assembly off the old strap and put it on the new one. I think there are a few spring loaded pins that I can't use the screwdriver on. TIA