Sign in to follow this  
boneyjr

Noob CrPO 45mm Pumpkin

boneyjr
Looks just stunning! I will receive mine on Monday and as I have a genuine too, comparison will follow.

Looking forward to the comparison. Take lots of pics.

zufir

Looks just stunning! I will receive mine on Monday and as I have a genuine too, comparison will follow.

Really looking forward your comparison

Aviator

Beautiful watch!

ImNotFatImFluffy

Big advantage of Orange bezel is its actually steel, no worries on the paint on the bezel fading, I had a black bezel one from BP (NOOB wasn't out at that time), the fading occurred way too easy and it was starting to bother me so much.

zufir

Big advantage of Orange bezel is its actually steel, no worries on the paint on the bezel fading, I had a black bezel one from BP (NOOB wasn't out at that time), the fading occurred way too easy and it was starting to bother me so much.

Does the bezel fade on the noob too ?

ImNotFatImFluffy

I've heard of people having had the noob and the bezel not having faded in months, while I had my BP for maybe 1 month and I was kinda afraid the bezel paint wouldnt last another month, that said from what I've seen and know the NOOB bezel coloring looked a little off from the gen and some people have complained about it, while for some its better for it to look unlike gen and the paint not fade. I haven't heard about any update on the NOOB bezel, so I think its up to personal preferences, don't think I'd ever get another BP because of the crown and stem coming out of the case, but I would for sure get a NOOB orange bezel if I had the budget.

zufir

I've heard of people having had the noob and the bezel not having faded in months, while I had my BP for maybe 1 month and I was kinda afraid the bezel paint wouldnt last another month, that said from what I've seen and know the NOOB bezel coloring looked a little off from the gen and some people have complained about it, while for some its better for it to look unlike gen and the paint not fade. I haven't heard about any update on the NOOB bezel, so I think its up to personal preferences, don't think I'd ever get another BP because of the crown and stem coming out of the case, but I would for sure get a NOOB orange bezel if I had the budget.

What about the LiquidMetal version noob ? Isn't it supposed to have a darker bezel ?

ImNotFatImFluffy

What about the LiquidMetal version noob ? Isn't it supposed to have a darker bezel ?

I think other than some things on dial having a history of being crooked NOOBs LMPO looks really nice, I think it should look shiny/flashy, I'm not sure about if the bezel looks too light colored though, I'd be a bit worried about getting one where all the markers look correct (not crooked )

zufir

I think other than some things on dial having a history of being crooked NOOBs LMPO looks really nice, I think it should look shiny/flashy, I'm not sure about if the bezel looks too light colored though, I'd be a bit worried about getting one where all the markers look correct (not crooked )

So overall, Noob seems to be the better option when comparing with BP

boneyjr

Yes -- noob is the better overall selection.

zufir

Thanks for the input !

ImNotFatImFluffy

So overall, Noob seems to be the better option when comparing with BP

yeah

zufir

any idea if noob is going to fix the faded bezels ?

ImNotFatImFluffy
I haven't really heard of any fading on the black bezel NOOB, I can only confirm that perhaps the bezel looks a little ungenlike (but if that's the case it must have been why some people reported there was fade resistance on their black bezel NOOB CrPO), I heard the bezel paint even fades on the Gen BTW (though I would hope such a thing would take a while)

boneyjr

Noob version doesn't have the fading bezel problem... That's BP

zufir

Noob version doesn't have the fading bezel problem... That's BP

Oh, that's all I cared about this whole time and thought noob had that problem

ImNotFatImFluffy

Nope BP was first to release a rep CrPO and therefore had the fading problem and the crown and stem popping out problem.

zufir

So the only problems Noob has is the crooked markers ?

ImNotFatImFluffy
So the only problems Noob has is the crooked markers ?
on the Liquid Metal, yes its been known to have crooked markers, but its gotten a lot better since the early batches around December 2013/January 2014

zufir

Damn...so the only flaw for Noob's CrPO is the color of the bezel not matching properly the gen

ImNotFatImFluffy
Damn...so the only flaw for Noob's CrPO is the color of the bezel not matching properly the gen
the only fixable issue yes, but it seems slight (if referring to black bezel, Orange seems right, by which I mean matte not shiny) and it may be better to be incorrect but fade resistant. Movement will probably never look like gen because of beautiful decoration on gen and open caseback, but not visible when on your wrist anyways. On liquid metal, might need macro to easily notice crooked markers on latest batches. Really whatever problems there could be, they seem to be slight on most NOOB CrPO and some NOOB Liquid Metal. I tend to have a small budget on wants, so I tend to be cautious and picky. Just to specify about NOOB black bezel CrPO, the bezel seems too shiny rather than matte, but if it stop fading I'd rather it look a little off in this way. Edited by ImNotFatImFluffy

zufir

I have my eyes on the CrPO from toro. Might be getting it real soon. Thanks ImNotFAtImFluffy

sunnydale

Hmm, no...bezel color is ok. Some small flaws are there but nothing serious. I made a gen rep comp @RWI.

IMG_5024800x600_zps89d84567.jpg

IMG_5020800x600_zpsf88220d4.jpg

court

Looks amazing on the wrist. I can't get past how off the movement looks though. I really wish I could. I know no one sees that but it would bug me so it'll have to a closed back model if I ever get a pumpkin.