Sign in to follow this  
rusty peters

Speedmaster Moon Watch Arrived!!

rusty peters

My Speedmaster just arrived. This is the manual ST-19 version with the 38mm case. I was a little nervous about the 38mm size because 42 seems to be the starting point for most watches now. I have nothing to worry about. It wears far bigger than the size would suggest. From order to delivery to the US, it took 11 days. Not bad at all. Everything lines up perfectly and it keeps great time. It has tells everywhere but I don't mind. I did notice that the bracelet is geared more for tiny wristed gentlemen like myself. I have massive 6.5" wrists and I only had to take out 3 of the tiny links to get a perfect fit. The Omega links are much shorter than Rolex oyster links. With all links in, it would probably only fit a 7.5" wrist. I think the Seamaster claps ties the whole thing together.....does it not?

img[temporary_zps55d1ebe4.jpg

img[temporary_zps36273ad6.jpg

img[temporary_zps788589ea.jpg

i.davies

Great piece .... I like the simplicity of the watch.

Which TD did you use?

rusty peters

Thank you. I got mine from Tony at Asian7750. This is the same watch that Toro and Watch International carry. I should add that sizing the bracelet was a breeze. I have heard rumors about Omega bracelets being nearly impossible to size. I used a cheapo pin pusher and the pins popped right out.

Parker007

Congrats mate, Omega is my fav....

Who is tony in the TD section?

Edited by Parker007

Jase

Beauty watch, love it.

The seamaster clasp however, on a speedmaster watch, would bug me though.

Enjoy and wear in good health.

i.davies

That is a SERIOUS collection you have there Jase ......

Whilst 'on-topic' I have tried to size my Tag Link bracelet today - just received from Narikaa, who was brilliant I might add - and it is proving impossible.

rusty peters

Tony is Asian7750. He is a TD over at RWI. He is good but he is not on our list here. If you want one of these, see Toro or WatchInternational. I think WatchInternational has the best price. Just make sure you get the Seamaster clasp;)

rusty peters

Whilst 'on-topic' I have tried to size my Tag Link bracelet today - just received from Narikaa, who was brilliant I might add - and it is proving impossible.

It's a little known fact that Jase is actually an octopus. It is the only explanation I can think of! Maybe a centipede. It would be nice to have a collection like that. You would never get sick of a watch.

Parker007

Tony is Asian7750. He is a TD over at RWI. He is good but he is not on our list here. If you want one of these, see Toro or WatchInternational. I think WatchInternational has the best price. Just make sure you get the Seamaster clasp;)

Thanks for that. WI have been very helpful in regards to info

rusty peters

On the really tight pins, I like to soak the bracelet in WD40 for a good cleaning then give it a go. If it still fights you, use the plastic block and punch in a beginners watch tool kit. They are sold here and they are a life saver.

You will be appalled to see the crap that is hiding in a new rep bracelet. I think we are slowly stealing all of the dirt in China, one bracelet at a time. (The BP factory is apparently keeping every watch factory worker's bikini line tidy too.)

i.davies

Genius, will look into getting the block. Don't fancy seeing how much rubbish is hiding in the bracelet to be honest .......

fetasigma

congrats....this was the first rep i wanted......love em, gen now sits on my wrist though, but need to send her off to service

Jase

I sent you a PM, but here's a helpful link (no pun intended) >>> http://www.ruralgeek.com/?page_id=138

It's a little known fact that Jase is actually an octopus. It is the only explanation I can think of! Maybe a centipede. It would be nice to have a collection like that. You would never get sick of a watch.

Nearly, I'm in fact a squid :giggle:

You're right though, you never get tired of a watch, it's just a bitch trying to decide which to wear everyday.

Mcloughlind

I like it! Well done Rusty. :-)

Daywatch

Hi and congrats on that fine ST-19 version. Mine says hello... can´t compete lume and movementwise, it´s the quartz-version, doesn´t miss a beat -

but why is there a Seamaster bracelet on the better one?!? This was also a breeze to size and it wears solid:) says Speedmaster on the clasp below

OmSpmIMG_1906.jpg

Minh7410

I love that watch, but the spacing on the sub dials on the reps would drive me crazy.

Edited by minh7410

ReplicaFromDownunder

Send it to kenny. Got my hands at 6 frozen and genuine dome crystal replaced. And superlume. Best watch I own

ReplicaFromDownunder

uja7emyq.jpg

hu5uvu3e.jpg

ReplicaFromDownunder

On the mobile can post high quality pics if needed. Above Is only a screen dump.

cooney

May I ask why you picked the smaller 38mm version? Movement only? Why not the quartz or auto version? I ask because I'm looking to purchase one myself. It will be my first rep and I like the prices of the quartz or auto. Would appreciate any thoughts.

rusty peters

May I ask why you picked the smaller 38mm version? Movement only? Why not the quartz or auto version? I ask because I'm looking to purchase one myself. It will be my first rep and I like the prices of the quartz or auto. Would appreciate any thoughts.

I bought it because I have small wrists and 38mm is fine for me. It is also more authentic and I like the "interaction" with my watches that hand winding allows me. The hand wound Seagull ST-19 movement is robust and the chronograph function can actually be used. The A7750 autos are a gamble. I do what I can to avoid them. The quartz option is decent but I have a hard time bonding with quartz watches. The price of the quartz is certainly compelling, isn't it?

hauspro

looks like a beaut, i think the ST-19 version is in my future. Probably going to put it on a sailcloth strap, have you seen those in action? They are slick probably the closest to cool you can get without that special NASA strap [not the nato, the velcro one]...

cooney

Yes, that quartz price is tempting! I think I'll give it a try. As I've heard many members say, I could see myself purchasing a gen one day.

rusty peters

I did a power reserve test on the Speedmaster and it ran for 51.5 hours on a wind. Not bad.

cooney
I did a power reserve test on the Speedmaster and it ran for 51.5 hours on a wind. Not bad.

Impressive!