Sign in to follow this  
dingle

dingleberry's quest

dingle
Is this thread about watches?????????????????????????????????? :)

yes

dingle
Ding I think we need to define more closely what 'dress' means. I thought 'dress' in South GA was when you put on a T Shirt? Maybe I just have the wrong idea about the deep South?

yep. for once you are wrong :)

There is a big difference between a southern gent and a redneck. I prefer to be classed with the first. I am the cleanest, neatest, freak you will ever meet......my only downfall is my soudern' drawl.......:)

ebzen02

Remember that he is fixin' to get dressed.. (corrected)

Brightlight
Ding I think we need to define more closely what 'dress' means. I thought 'dress' in South GA was when you put on a T Shirt? Maybe I just have the wrong idea about the deep South?

yep. for once you are wrong :)

There is a big difference between a southern gent and a redneck. I prefer to be classed with the first. I am the cleanest, neatest, freak you will ever meet......my only downfall is my soudern' drawl.......:)

Ah I see, think Rhett Butler, not the sheriff in James Bond 'Live and let die'.......... :)

Nothing wrong with a soudern' drawl Ding, though personally I find it's more attractive on a woman.

dingle
Remember that he is fixing to get dressed..

fixin'

fixit4ya :)

trailboss99

BL, seriously, have you seen his house? The man has style. Not my style but style and in bucket loads.

I don't think a SS DJ is gunna cut it mate. Not dressy enough for you. Maybe a Presidential in FG but not SS.

Col.

dingle
BL, seriously, have you seen his house? The man has style. Not my style but style and in bucket loads.

I don't think a SS DJ is gunna cut it mate. Not dressy enough for you. Maybe a Presidential in FG but not SS.

Col.

thanks for the comments Col. Believe it or not, I have never owned a gold watch before. I will need to work my way up to used car salesman status like Silverspeed before I try the gold. :)

Baldrick

The Aqua Terra is one of the classiest watches in Omega's diverse range, great thing about is it's versatility, it looks great on either bracelet or strap, and with white or silver dial you can carry off either black or brown straps, advantage over DD / DJ is that they don't look good on straps.

The + factor with the AT is that most people will see it as a 'classy' watch, but won't make the automatic assumption that it's fake, as they will with a Rollie, another + factor is that Rollie owners are often seen in the same light as BMW owners, Omega doesn't yet have that stigma.

Dial finish and case finish is exemplary on these, TTK's photos are now over 5 years old, but show still that it's a classy watch, some of the early examples shown have the infamous 'Co-Axal" mis-spelling, but that's now been well corrected, and I think the AT is generally available in Asian and ETA clone / Swiss !

For a 'combo' sports / dress watch I would run with the AT.

257F.jpg

AQUATERRA10.jpg

AQUATERRA11A.jpg

trailboss99

The blue hand one is stunning!

Col.

vonGluberschmidt

Ding,

this may be a rookie statement.... but as much as I'm a n00b around here....

my thoughts are that anyone wearing a rolex is often assumed to be a fake.

it's consensus throughout my circle of friends as well (very diverse group of professionals)

even a friend with a Gen Rolex defends it's authenticity frequently and gets annoyed at it.

sure, it's all about attitude and knowledge.... but kind of like my Monaco 24 Concept.... there's no way on earth anyone who knows a molecule about watches is going to believe it's not a rep.

if you don't give a rats ass about that, then full steam ahead.

me.... I'm pissed that I saw that Omega in this thread... because now I want one, and I just bought 5 watches in the last month.

gah. :D

dingle

I am going with the rollie in my link. If I get it and it does not work for me, for sale it will be and I will go with the blue hand version of the AT.

I guess now the quest is on for the perfect watch that requires a nice black gator strap.......:D

KBH

Why not just get a black gator strap for the DJ? The Hirsch Leonardo fits Subs, DJs, Planet Oceans, and many more. I've had this one on a DJ and it looks great. One watch with two different looks.

DSCN4259.jpg

dingle

The rollie I found on my quest is finally here. Very nice indeed, if I do say so myself :lol:

Here are a couple of quick blackberry pics

5038966653_0e9c9e7778_z.jpg

5039587418_4dcb48c600_z.jpg

Silverspeed

Lovely DJ Dingle...very classy

greg_r

nice :lol: