Sign in to follow this  
debian

extension tubes FTW

debian

Today I recieved my extension tubes that I bought. this is $10 well spent on Tradera, the Swedish version of Ebay.

With my 200mm tele I can get really close.

the following images are not cropped or edited.... they are straight out of the camera, only resized to 800px width.

I whish I had taken the time to clean the watch before photographing it... but I was exited to try the tubes. :)

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0118.jpg

I take pictures, photographing pictures.

Right light. Dark room........

Luthier

Too dark room, I think....

:)

Nice pics, just need to adjust focus and brightness.

debian

Thanks for watching. :D

I agree with the light, they are a bit dark, and also a bit to warm on the white balance.

But the focus? it is always focus somwhere?

Ska

Nice shots debian! I'd say the lighting was good - you can adjust the exposure, relief and colour balance afterwards if you're shooting in raw format.

adamo99
Nice shots debian! I'd say the lighting was good - you can adjust the exposure, relief and colour balance afterwards if you're shooting in raw format.

You can to a certain degree, but if you overdo it, you will introduce a lot of noise into the shadow areas. You're always better off exposing to the right, and pulling back in post if you need to.

KBH

I think they look great. Now explain what an extension tube is to us dummies.

debian

Extension tubes is a set of tubes to put between the camera and the lens. you need a system camera with changeable lenses. The tubes contains no optics and doesn't do much except moving the lens further away from the camera. Because of this the focus distance of the lens gets shorter, so that you can be closer to the object you are trying to take a picture of.

These extension tubes can be very cheep like mine ($10), then you loose some of the automatic features of the camera, for example auto focus, help with measuring the light and you need to manually set the aperture on the lens.

There are also more expensive extension tubes that lest you keep some automatic stuff on the camera.

The extension tubes often come in a set of three tubes in different sizes that you can combine. the more tubes the closer you can get. but also the more tubes the more light you loose and need to compensate with longer shutter, bigger aperture or higher ISO....

Normally the focus distance om my nikkor 80-200mm telezoom is about 2,5 meters. I mounted all three of the extension tubes and now the distance is about 30 cm. This is great for macro photographing like this.

kenko_etube_set.jpg

debian

How do you like my clown feets :)

DSC_0155.jpg

debian

another clown feet closup.

DSC_0177.jpg

trailboss99

Yeah, it works but the depth of field is about a half inch! :gday_mate_haveabeer:

I'd use less tubes and get back further. You can always crop.

Col.

debian

The last two images is not straight from the camera.... only the ones in the first post. these are cropped and a bit of contrast applied.

But I like the depth of field short. I use aperture f8. on the latest photo. I could have closed the aperture a bit to get a bigger dept of field, but i like the way it looks now. I wanted the happy feet logo sharp.

debian

This creepy creep had build a nest in my window.

DSC_0034.jpg

I wasn't smart when killing it... I put it in a used cortisone jar and killed it in the freezer, thats why it has the white dust on it, it is cortisone dust.

tick tock

Beautiful watch..ugly bug ;)

SubFrog

I like the photos...nice feel.

I really like that you can see the hair on that arachnid's legs. Nice shot!