Sign in to follow this  
Motosanto

HELP! Ploprof or Hublot King Diver 48MM 4000M

Conex

If you get the hublot buy a special screwdriver from the RWG shop. The screws are almost always a bit loose from the factory. They're only about 10 bucks. Josh at PC said they are phasing out the Ploprof. Not sure if there's anything in that but I guess he would know.

Del Boy

Is the Hublot Diver rep Titanium like the gen? Or Steel like some of the U-boat titanium reps?

phunkshunz

Have a clone ETA ploprof on mesh. Stunner on the wrist but not a daily wearer given it's weight.

DSC_3159_zpsf262b3e4.jpg

DSC_3168_zpsd274285f.jpg

DSC_3165_zps6a46332f.jpg

This pics got me to love the watch... borrowed your pics in a RWI thread about the bracelet you got...

Ordered it yesterday.... but now i need a Ploprof.... :-)

And to OP, i bought my 4000m Ti, I loved to watch it and to photo the thing... but it got NO time on wrist... it is HUGE... and the Ti was a bit sharp so it wasn't pleasant to wear the thing... But it is an amazing REP....

Edited by phunkshunz

Pihlippe

I will say the Diver 4000 :)

DSC_0002.jpg

machiavegli

Ha! Tide is turning! Seriously get the Hublot. I don't even like the brand but it's a beast!

-Mach

phunkshunz

I will say the Diver 4000 :)

DSC_0002.jpg

now i miss my 4000m... damn you...

roy8846

I have the Hublot diver lite and a ploprof.....

Ploprof is amazing and has character, love it way more!!

Iz3fuy

Eyes catchers and very good "chat starters" with the ladies, just in case you value this aspect. Buy them, post pics!

I have always loved the simplicity of the Hublot MDM and have owned Hublot REPS for about 15 years. They became watchbox queens when the only comments that I ever got were from guys that asked "I blow do you blow". They are supremely popular with that part of the population.

Oh my... I'm a european expat in South America, maybe here the customer base is different, but Hublot works as a magnet with the (beautiful) ladies.

plankton

I had this one lumed by Vac----------------- most awesome watch!

c947f6ed-98d1-46bd-bd13-cae55b9c436d_zps99f76355.jpg

Motosanto

Going to get both. Have reviewed the finances and am going to sell 1 or 2 pieces on M2M. This will be my first time ever selling a watch. Ive purchased dozens over the years but never sold a single one. Ive given some away as gifts but am gonna sell a couple. Thank you so much for the input and beautiful pictures...

In the battle Ploprof v. 4000M Diver ........ they both win! And in the end I win!! Super grateful to be a part of this amazing forum.

Of course I will keep all posted with pics upon arrival.

yawn

I have both Ploprof and 4000m despite my girly wrist.

I vote ploprof for quality, black has little tell compare to white ploprof and just be aware of the happy feet issue and you are good.

4000m has an inferior quality compare to v2 ploprof, yes, i m talking about the lume, it is very badly applied and you cannot mod it, and the inner bezel is not always aligned, i changed three 4000ms from TD to just get the inner bezel aligned! so save your trouble and buy the ploprof. And if you have read the v2 vs. v3 vs. gen 4000m review thread, you will know there is quite some tells from both v2 and v3.

daeffy

The Hublot King Diver is an incredibly beautiful watch. There is so much going on with that watch that I can't believe they put the effort into rep-ing it. But boy did they put the effort in. Even down to the strap attachment mechanism (in case you didn't know, the two squares with the triangles on the faces of the lug areas are push buttons to release the strap). Overall, it's truly a work of art in my opinion. Hublot haters can pound sand if they dis this watch.

It is definitely big. If it wasn't titanium I don't think it would work, but titanium is the key for wearability. I have a small 6.5" wrist, and I don't think it feels or looks big at all on my wrist.

I also want a Ploprof myself, but I think this particular Hublot is one of the best reps of any brand or watch out there.

Some wristie pics below on my puny wrist.

d733e650-d4ba-4b82-b1a1-879453e5caea_zps4b4f786b.jpg

6ba2f157-79af-452c-89e1-74f4102b50a0_zps0ac1d478.jpg

I can attest to everything Cog says about the Hubby :lol: I've also had the Ploprof and thought it looked better in pics than in RL...it really didn't have the presence I was expecting, I actually thought the POs were more ooh inspiring. Sold mine to The Sav so he might have a different experience