Sign in to follow this  
randomguy101

What to tell Western Union?

randomguy101

I just processed an order with WU and it did not go through, I got this email from them:

Dear [Name]

Thank you for using the Western Union® Money TransferSM service.

In order to complete your transaction and protect your online identity, we need additional information. Please contact us at 1800 678 232 or +61 2 8208 923824 hours a day, seven days a week to speak with a Customer Service Representative and complete your order.

If we do not hear from you in the next 24 hours we will cancel your money transfer and you will not be billed.

What do I say to them? I've purchased using WU before but this is the first time I've seen this notice.

<RJ>

At two occasions they refused to send transfer my money because fraudulent behaviour by the receiver. But i didnt get any saying in it they just had me waiting for a week to get the money back. Then i had to do a banktransfer instead. Maybe this is a receiver that didnt get that status guite yet?

Just go with the flow and dont say anything about reps. Say you are buying watches and/or watchparts?

Daywatch

Hi, might be if it´s first order from China, maybe send a mail to the TD. Or just ask them what they want, You´re ordering some special leather straps. WU online transactions have these issues frequently, in the shop not.

BigJK

Just say something about watch repair

kcawsey

Had that notice first time I used WU to purchase in China, not a problem, they will want drivers licence no. etc. You don't have to tell them what you are purchasing , then money will go through OK, this will only happen once

<RJ>

Had that notice first time I used WU to purchase in China, not a problem, they will want drivers licence no. etc. You don't have to tell them what you are purchasing , then money will go through OK, this will only happen once

When i did this ident procedure i got a transaction for free. $39 here so it was a good thing to do.

dfq23

Use the wupay bank transfer option and it's fee free and no checks