Sign in to follow this  
MHardiman

PAM510 8 Days Arrived!

MHardiman

So I bought my first Panerai from a guy on RepGeek. Guy wore it once around the office and bought it brand new in the plastic from a fellow RG member who had bought it from a TD. The only flaw this watch has is a tiny piece of shrapnel or something on the 6. Guy was a stand up act of a seller and filled me in on everything I needed to know as well as answering my questions in a timely manner. It was listed for $250 then brought down to $230 then put firm at $200 shipped CONUS all in. I messaged him and offered $190 and he agreed.

This is the watch http://www.kuvarsit....roduct_id=32173

I bought it for $190 all in so I saved over $100 and got it in 2 days! I love it and now I need to find a nice brown strap for it.

Sorry for the dust it is on the outside of the crystal. BEAUTIFUL DIAL.

(Edit: Photobucket problems. Not original pictures from delivery but you get the idea)

Original Rubber Panerai Strap (Day it was received)

IMG_20140326_165312_zps238215ab.jpg

Panatime Black Calf with White Stitching

IMG_20140408_182552_zpsc559e40d.jpg

Panatime Light Brown Suede with Waterproofed Sides (How it sits now)

IMG_20140410_123603_zps7c663d77.jpg

jacobarch

nice deal. I remember almost getting that one. but the "6" bugged me so i couldn't do it.

MHardiman

I figured as my first PAM this was an awesome deal as a tester. The 6 doesn't really come into play as you can't see it unless your directly above the face.

Bash64

Very nice and a great deal. If it bugs you, couldn't you pop it out and have a look at the "shrapnel" and see if you can remove it?

Conex

Nice watch, but yes shame about the 6. Really toying with the idea of an 8 dayer.

Porter21

agh! that 6 would bother me to no end.... i would just open it up and use a razor to get that shit off of there lol

MHardiman

To be honest I don't even think its attached... I probably could just take off the crystal and take it off with a pair of fine tweezers. I know jack shit about how to do that though so until it bothers me it'll stay... Really like the feel of it though. Hate the smell of the Vanilla, soaking the strap in vinegar now. Ideas on straps?

MHardiman

Just bought a Panatime black calf skin strap with creme stitching for $40. Set.

Vbmrk

The "6" is the least of your issues given the inaccurate dial for this 510 rep. Don't worry about it and enjoy the watch.

Welcome to the world of Pam, you're hooked. The only question is which to get next?

:)

MHardiman

Yeah the first thing i noticed after the rough edge on the 6 was the width of the numbers. They're way off from the gen.

The "6" is the least of your issues given the inaccurate dial for this 510 rep. Don't worry about it and enjoy the watch.

Welcome to the world of Pam, you're hooked. The only question is which to get next?

:)

Edited by MHardiman90

Vbmrk
Yeah the first thing i noticed after the rough edge on the 6 was the width of the numbers. They're way off from the gen.

Believe kw was planning on doing a v2 with more accurate dial but the plan got put on hold.

Just enjoy it, it still looks like a great watch.

LightGeek

Nice! ... now how would one open her up? The decorated movement in the back is a pain. The bezel pops off with the crystal?

edigital

Good choice. Get it as "tester" watch and if you like the size, etc then splurge on a better PAM rep. Enjoy! :)

MHardiman

Received my Panatime strap today! Wanted an everyday watch with a strap that I could wear with whatever.

Before

IMG_20140326_165312_zps238215ab.jpg

After

IMG_20140328_125929_zps87f06ab1.jpg

Minh7410

That strap makes it look so much better.

Edited by minh7410

N.Rico

very nice , looks better in the leather band

PaneraiAddict

Very nice 510 and for a great price as well!!

Yes the numerals are off from the Gen model, but for a first PAM they're certainly close enough.

And this is your first, but trust me now you're HOOKED!! Lol

I personally love everything about the brand that is Panerai, especially their rich deep history.

Now all you have to do is decide which model or models to purchase next!!

;-)

IgnitionDream

Looking good, enjoy!

MHardiman
That strap makes it look so much better.

Thanks its super comfortable too.

very nice , looks better in the leather band

I thought so haha thanks

Very nice 510 and for a great price as well!!

Yes the numerals are off from the Gen model, but for a first PAM they're certainly close enough.

And this is your first, but trust me now you're HOOKED!! Lol

I personally love everything about the brand that is Panerai, especially their rich deep history.

Now all you have to do is decide which model or models to purchase next!!

;-)

Already eyeing 386's... I'm hooked and doomed! I still have a love for AP's though but these are more believable.

Looking good, enjoy!

Thank you sir!

JBY

Does anyone happen to know if a V2 will be released?

mysterio

Does anyone happen to know if a V2 will be released?

So far there has been no announcement although it's good to see the rep made you post. :D

JBY

Thanks Mysterio. I picked up the original release and I am interested in upgrading

MHardiman

I still love this watch. I get compliments on it all the time. Just today I was in Von Maur browsing loafers and the sales man came up and asked where I had bought such a beautiful Panerai. When I told him China, he didn't believe me. He was wearing a Tag Day Date Cal 16.

JBY

I love it too. I would love a V2 more...lol

mysterio

It seems I spoke too soon...

yUNw4bu.jpg