Sign in to follow this  
Kemist

Noob CrPO 45.5mm dial question

Kemist

uhe7agah.jpg6ybypa3u.jpg

So I've started a thread here: http://www.rwg.bz/bo...opic=73484&st=0 asking about the dial got cooked after a very strong flash from the DSLR flashgun. I sent it off to Gary to get it fixed. I was hoping the dial can just be cleaned, but apparently upon close inspection, it was really burnt by the amount of heat generated by the flash. He suggests a dial replacement.

P1050197.jpg

P1050198.jpg

My question is: could anyone please show me how to re-order a new dial from Noob factory to replace with this one? I tried asking my TDs who I bought it from but he has no clue how to get it in. Is there any Noob factory outlet that sells parts? I've tried searching in RWG but couldn't seem to find anyone with the same issue.

Another fella in Repgeek has the same issue: http://www.repgeek.c...ad.php?t=226883

Another way to go about it is to buy a gen dial. thing is I still can't find the correct part number for this dial. I tried looking for it on different forums and this is what I found:

1. From RWI:

455mm_zpsdee0bf4f.jpg

This source confirms the exact same model number with what I got from official Omega website: 232.30.46.21.01.001

But see where the "Dial with White numbers" box is, it's blank. I tried using the "Caliber 8500" and search on Ofrei but no luck :(

2. From Repgeek:

UPOReferenceSheet.jpg

This one said the Caliber is 2500, not 8500 like the one from RWI. I used Caliber 2500 and the code "OME-2500-dial#3" and searched on Ofrei, this is what I found: ( http://www.ofrei.com/page1123.html )

OfreiDialNumber-1.png

Looking at the model numbers, non of them match with the model number from the first photo from RWI (which is the same model with Official Omega website). More importantly, from this source, it says Caliber 2500, not 8500 like in RWI.

What's the difference and which one is the correct one for mine?

I still wanna find the Noob version first cos it's cheaper and more affordable, so if anyone knows how to go about it, please share :(.

and this is where I bought it from: http://v.yupoo.com/photos/mrwatch/albums/9860176/

Really appreciate your help :wyliehelp: :wyliehelp:

Edited by tkhiem

zufir

HOLY CRAP. You can actually melt a damn dial with a flash ? The hell..

Kemist

HOLY CRAP. You can actually melt a damn dial with a flash ? The hell..

Yes Zufir, unfortunately it can.

watch.aholic

Not sure if TD's will sell you the Noob dial bit try Mary...She is usually very good with parts....even atoro

Kemist
Not sure if TD's will sell you the Noob dial bit try Mary...She is usually very good with parts....even atoro

Thanks bro. Just contacted Mary hope she can help.

Can i buy the dial of the Upo version and fit to this CrPO? Are they exactly the same?

watch.aholic

Can i buy the dial of the Upo version and fit to this CrPO? Are they exactly the same?

Not sure if they dial would be a direct fit because the CrPO case is for the 8500 movement whereas the UPO in the gen form was for 2500 movement.....UPO 42mm dial would fit in a LMPO case for sure...

watch.aholic

Just see if they can source you a CrPO dial....If they can the pricing won't be cheap.....Sometimes it's best to order another watch, salvage what you need & sell the rest.....

Just saying, it could save you some money

bvall

It could also be a start of a franken

watch.aholic

It could also be a start of a franken �

Not that easy to get parts for new Omega releases.

bvall

That's true, rom wasn't built in one day

Edited by bvall

Kemist

Not sure if they dial would be a direct fit because the CrPO case is for the 8500 movement whereas the UPO in the gen form was for 2500 movement.....UPO 42mm dial would fit in a LMPO case for sure...

Yea after a doing a little research, i don't think they (UPO dial) gonna perfectly fit in the PO housing, like you said, they have different movement too (caliber 8500 vs 2500).

How about ordering a cheap version of PO and strip that dial out to install it onto this PO of mine? Sometime they have 21j version of PO 45.5mm for just about $120 or less. with the photos they put up on the sites, I think they look similar. Again, given that they are the same model (PO 45.5mm) came from different factory, are the dials exactly the same?

Cheesemonger

I can tell you I tried to get the rep CrPO dial (noob) and it was not in stock. I then thought about the gen dial, but it was too costly ( and you would have to file off the feet and weld it to the noob movement or movement ring ). Not sure if the factory has stock in yet on the rep dial, but I would say to keep trying that angle.

ImNotFatImFluffy

I'm pretty sure even if it fit, a 2500 PO dial is just a regular black dial, 8500 PO dial has like a grainy texture matte black look to it, wouldn't quite look right, really sucks but sounds like you may have to buy a replacement NOOB CrPO and have it butchered, unless a dealer could source just the dial.

Kemist

I can tell you I tried to get the rep CrPO dial (noob) and it was not in stock. I then thought about the gen dial, but it was too costly ( and you would have to file off the feet and weld it to the noob movement or movement ring ). Not sure if the factory has stock in yet on the rep dial, but I would say to keep trying that angle.

I've tried a few dealers and non of them has the NOOB version of the dial for this CrPO 45.5mm. The best one Rochest from Watch International could offer me is a BP version of it. She said it's very good quality and from reviews/photos on the forum I really couldn't tell the difference.

Gen dial is not an option too. As far as my research goes, There is no GEN dial for this Caliber 8500 CrPO 45.5 mm, or at least not that ofrei can get in. But if you know a way to order it, please let me know. Its gonna be pricey for sure :blowup:

I'm pretty sure even if it fit, a 2500 PO dial is just a regular black dial, 8500 PO dial has like a grainy texture matte black look to it, wouldn't quite look right, really sucks but sounds like you may have to buy a replacement NOOB CrPO and have it butchered, unless a dealer could source just the dial.

Yea that was my plan B if I couldn't find a replacement dial by itself. Im still waiting for Rochest from WI to let me know if she could sell me a BP dial. Do you think the dial of the cheaper Quartz model or 21J movement are the same, cos if they are the same I have a much simpler solution to this problem.

ImNotFatImFluffy

I really can't say if the dial on a quartz or 21j rep is gonna be at least close to as correct as the much more expensive NOOB CrPO, if the BP dial can be sourced and fitting isn't a problem, that'd be the way to go I'd say.