dingle

Welcoming the noobs 101

cat_fashion

Hi everyone! I'm new here, but not new to watches or replicas. I'm a lady with a small wrist, so I favor smaller watches. My favorite brand to collect (both gen and rep) is Cartier, though I have other brands as well. I'm also in the process of learning how to service my own reps. I hope I make some friends here!

Malor

Hi all,

I’m Malor. Since last year I am more and more interested in watches. So I’ve signed up to this forum for finding more information and hopefully I will find my watch here! I’ m mostly intrested in the Omega seamaster 300 so hopefully I will find one here!

Hope you all have a great day!

Edited by Malor
Wrong word

Rattan96

Longtime lurker, 1st time poster. Anxious to start shopping and hoping to reserve myself from going completely broke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sev7n123

New Here,  I want to say hi to everyone 

Also member on RWI for couple years

HappyGeek

Exactly what I needed! Thanks

Ozankoy

Hi all! I hope I will have the patience to read through the relevant material which is so kindly provided here! And hope to have fun in my watch journey

Edited by Ozankoy

ysmawey

Looking forward to learn and not be overwhelmed with information lol. I'm sure i'll get the hang of it

Orologio d'Oro

Hello, I've been lurking to sift through the basics. I'm fascinated, and frankly surprised by my fascination, as I'd never been into replicas of anything before. I enjoy other high-end items and look for the real deal on sale or second-hand. But obviously, luxury watches are prohibitively expensive, so expensive that they better be a good investment. And honestly, the watch that I really want is not a good investment, and I can't afford the type of watch that actually appreciates in value over time. I'd been searching for the one I want second hand, and wanted to learn about how to tell gens from reps, so that's how I learned that there are some really amazing reps out there. I worried about accidentally purchasing a rep at a gen price... and thought, well, if the reps are that good... why not consider just getting one?  I stumbled into the RepTime Reddit threads, and realized there is this whole culture around it and I've been down that wormhole since.

I just ordered my first rep today from Mary. She was just as responsive and helpful as everyone in this community had said. I can't wait to get the QC photos. Thanks, everyone for having shared so much info on here. 

Dave Yes

Hi all. A returning member here, after an approx 8 year gap. Last time, I really wanted a replica Speedmaster because I couldn't bring myself to spend £3.5k on a watch (or whatever it was back in 2014). So I came ehre and learned a LOT and asked loads of questions but never pulled the trigger. I am now circling around owning a real one - I've got a seamaster; a moonswatch and a Bulova Lunar Pilot so I've managed to get everything BUT the speedy (a legit Omega; a cheeky swatch crossover; and the other moonwatch). And now that I have a real omega, the other thing my collection is missing is a replica. So I am back in the market, again, for a replica moonwatch.

Last time I was researching the bottom end of the replica market, this time I have a bigger budget so can look to the more expensive movements etc. My main concerns last time were importing to the UK/VAT/Customs and those fears are heightened post-brexit, but I'm looking forward to trying this all over again.

Wilbur Roman

Hi there. Well this replica watch malarkey is a real rabbit hole !  I’m here to learn and to start collecting. 

Granater123

Thank you for this really appreciate it! 

MitoticQuixotic

Hello from Australia, nice to be here.  Like many others, I’m looking for a sub :)

Parhelik

Aloha all!  I never had an interest...until I was introduced to a collection with a microscope.  Time to read and get my feet wet!

Pallooo

Hello tout le monde . Je suis un petit nouveau . Je me balade sur le forum afin de me renseigner sur d'éventuelles répliques de montres .

Je suis assez calé en horlogerie mais pas du tout en réplique .  Donc j'espère pouvoir m'instruire sur ce forum et pk pas faire des rencontres sympa 

JoshDaBawws

Hi all, part of a couple forum and excited to explore this one! Currently on the hunt for a Daytona panda rep. I’ll get one soon!

Jp1995

Can’t wait to purchase some Frankenstein’s :) 

Ridaye

Hi/Bonjour,

I'm new in the replica watch thing. I started to take info from reddit and forum a few days ago. Hope to learn more from you guys before buying a rolex 126610lv.

See ya

Kungen99

Happy to see this forum is gaining new members everyday, I’m also new have gotten bitten by the watch bug!!! Love looks of watches I never thought I’d like before and now I’ve got to have it all ! 
more than anything à panerai bronzo! 

MiGra66

Ciao a tutti voi. Vivo in Italia. Non potendo permettermi orologi costosi ma, essendo bellissimi, cerco le info utili per acquistare qualche copia-replica. Grazie ai vostri preziosissimi consigli. :-) 

Foxindebox

@MiGra66 Ciao amico, potresti non ricevere molte risposte in italiano e il forum è principalmente in lingua inglese. buona fortuna con la tua ricerca di orologi

• Like 2

MiGra66
On 20/8/2023 at 11:55, Foxindebox said:

@MiGra66Ciao amico, potresti non ricevere molte risposte in italiano e il forum è principalmente in lingua inglese. buona fortuna con la tua ricerca di orologi

Hy dear, thank you very much, I know that.  

I search any italian friend also for import problem watch in Italy. I hope.....

Regards. :-)

• Like 1

jackboddy

Legends! Thanks for this help, very much appreciated. Just getting into this world and the community seem super helpful. Thanks!

supertweet

Hello Everyone!

As shown, I've been a lurker since 2015.  I generally purchase a few watches every few years, then Life intervenes.  

I've purchased a few watches (junk Omega, then JLC Master Reserve de Marche, also an Omega Co Axial 300).  

It's time to buy a few more; this rep community evolves quickly.

Bay Area CA-based

Edited by supertweet
Adding location

watchguy1234

Hello everyone!

Watchmad369

Hi all, complete newcomer to the rep world, hoping to gain some knowledge and advice in the hobby, and start collecting some nice timepieces.