dingle

Welcoming the noobs 101

Nahb

I Guys, I'm a new member, I met this forum thanks to a friend. It is really fantastic!!!!!

jyavy

Hey everyone,

Brand new here and spending some time learning as much as I can before pulling the trigger on my first rep! Thanks to all for being so generous with what ya know and what you've experienced. Fab forum!

ranjard

I am an RWI exile member and a huge fan of watches, unfortunaltely my wages doesn't allow me to purchase only gens so I became a huge fan of reps. I have already ordered and received few watches directly purchased from TD (Sead and Puretime mainly.)  But others are coming from M2M  sales through RWI. I am still looking to expand this small collection but it seems to be hard to reach M2M section here. If someone can bring me light and explain to me the process, it will be nice. By the way, I am located in Paris, France and I have found a watch repair guy who accept to work on reps. He is an old guy, probably 70, so he knows about automatic movement. PM me if you want to discuss about this watchsmith.

Edited by ranjard

JLCgeo

Hi guys,

I'm another RWI exile, it's nice to see another nice forum for watch's addict!

yossirramos05790

Hi all

Brand new here and looking to find nice rep watches , preferably Cartier in UK if possible.

Thanks all

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

repIWCone

Another RWI exile here but lots of good info and people so I'll be sticking around. 

Vicar69

RWI refugee saying hi :)

Khobis

Hi all, amazing site and lots of knowledgeable people. I'm about to pull the trigger on my first rep, Tudor Red Bay. Undecided on the rose or shield versions tho. Will keep you posted

ANTIOM85

Hi guys,

I'm another RWI refugee . I'v got a few rep and I'm about to pull the trigger on the IWC 3777 LPP

ReignInKL

Hi all, 

I'm a newbie from Malaysia. I've been collecting reps since 2008 and only knew of these forums in 2011/12.

I used to buy locally but the after sales was terrible so I just stopped. I three away about 7 reps which I regret til today koz they're no longer available. I have a about 4-5 laying around somewhere and thanks to the forum and it's members (after many hours of reading), I discovered Steven of Wah Foong Watches who'd work on reps. I sent him 2 so far. 

I hope to start buying again soon once I've read up more on what's current. 

Regards to all! 

Rein

footballdan

Hello to all,

I used to sell watches at a local Jewelry place long time ago,  I could not afford that crap at the time I was working lol.

Now I want to start collecting reps.... Bought my first watch from Robbie today.  Awesome guy!!!

Thanks RWG!!

Thanks you guys!

Dan

rubbeman

New guy here, hello!

Jpizz123

New fella here as well.  Getting back into the watch game after a long hiatus!

DonV

Hello. First post but been a member for two years. Figured I should stop reading and say something already. I've learned quite a bit from ya'll over the years, so thanks for sharing the knowledge. 

GC
3 hours ago, DonV said:

Hello. First post but been a member for two years. Figured I should stop reading and say something already. I've learned quite a bit from ya'll over the years, so thanks for sharing the knowledge. 

Welcome. 

2yrs and this is your first post, that’s got to be a record. 

black263
6 hours ago, DonV said:

WOW.  Two years of reading must have taught you a lot.  So who has the best sub?:maggiesuck:

DonV
7 hours ago, GC said:

Welcome. 

2yrs and this is your first post, that’s got to be a record. 

Thanks for the welcome. I know I know... In my defence, I'm not much of a chatter by nature, and at 46 being a single father of a 7yo boy with a busy private forensic practice, I don't have a lot of time for much else. That being said,  I've been meaning to donate to the forum for all the time I'm spending here. Before doing so I felt compelled to post a hello and a thank you.

4 hours ago, black263 said:

WOW.  Two years of reading must have taught you a lot.  So who has the best sub?:maggiesuck:

WOW! 6800k+ posts, you should know the answer to that one by now. ;)

EvoVI

Hi everyone. From Russia with love :) At the moment have gen Omega Speedmaster Racing Limited and looking for some SuperReplicas of AP Royal Oak and Rolex Dtejust. Everyone peace and respect!

Locky01

New member here, thanks for all the information

miketanty

New to this whole watch scene! Very informative forum to use.

Ted23

Hey I'm new here and in general to this hobby. Would like a nice sporty watch but for now I need to learn a bit before buying something I'll regret later.

bballgms

just trying to get my 5th post here ;)

Nait04

Dingles post Has prevented me from asking any annoying questions. Very informative, ordered my first piece as a result of joining this site. Like with anything good, this site is going to cost me. 

Nait04

Soo after a few days on the site, I made my first purchase,  Tudor Black Bay, once it arrives and gets a run in, i'll post a brief post with a few shots and overall experience.  Which to be honest, so far, I cannot fault.  Joining this site has informed my decisions, and has absolutely saved me £100's if not £1,000's in potentially buying from a scammer. So I have paid up and subscribed as its a worthy cause and can feel myself getting hooked on a new hobby, other than whisky.  Thanks for having me. Look forward to sharing and learning. 

black263
1 hour ago, Nait04 said:

Soo after a few days on the site, I made my first purchase,  Tudor Black Bay, once it arrives and gets a run in, i'll post a brief post with a few shots and overall experience.  Which to be honest, so far, I cannot fault.  Joining this site has informed my decisions, and has absolutely saved me £100's if not £1,000's in potentially buying from a scammer. So I have paid up and subscribed as its a worthy cause and can feel myself getting hooked on a new hobby, other than whisky.  Thanks for having me. Look forward to sharing and learning. 

OMG   A sensible new member.  Seeing a post like this is as rare as finding a BMW with working indicators.  Welcome to the madhouse.