dingle

Welcoming the noobs 101

Pbeez

Long time lurker. Greetings to all the other rep fanatics

Scoobie232

Greetings from Scotland everyone,

I've been collecting watches for about ten or more years, only this year have I owned a rep the first as a joke from a well known auction site the second a present from my wife while in Turkey, both subs, the second one from my wife ultimately brought me here on a quest to find out more about it, maker, movement, build quality, how close it is to the real thing.

I've never owned the gen I have no real reference other then pictures from the net and now info from here which I've been swotting  over all weekend, seems there's a whole new parallel world out there.

BravoDelta

Hello @Scoobie232 . I too was impressed by the quality of the reps and the ammount of information here on the RWG board. Enjoy!

Marinaeolanet

Goats are the best

BravoDelta
4 hours ago, Marinaeolanet said:

Goats are the best

What?   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

BadApple

:ban1:

TG4KC

Hi Everybody! I'm excited to have found this forum! I have just recently started getting into the luxury watch replicas. To be honest I didn't think good ones even existed. I thought they were all like the ones I had 20 plus years ago that said ROLEX, but by the time you even got home to show it somebody the crown had already come unglued from the watch face!

Thanks for reading and I will thank those of you in advance for responding to my questions, concerns, sharing your opinions, and making my new hobby fun!!

Cheers Mates!

Todd

Intresting

Welcome!   Did you know that VIP membership opens up to new and exciting sections like the DHGate and AliExpress bits?  Well worth considering. 

Mike R
29 minutes ago, TG4KC said:

Cheers Mates!

Todd

:rofl: I can remember buying watches years ago on Canal Street with similar problems:rofl:

Spoiler

:rofl:

Welcome aboard!

• Like 1

p0p3

Hey everyone! greeting from Singapore!

hope i'm not too late into the reps world.

scottyDog

Hello... This is my first post to say "Hi" and my plan is to use this forum to gather advise and build a watch, I know Rolex are all too common but I intend to Build a Rolex 5517 as the being a veteran myself I like the military no frills watch this is... also price seems abit much for me.

Intresting
3 minutes ago, scottyDog said:

Hello... This is my first post to say "Hi" and my plan is to use this forum to gather advise and build a watch, I know Rolex are all too common but I intend to Build a Rolex 5517 as the being a veteran myself I like the military no frills watch this is... also price seems abit much for me.

welcome to the madhouse.   A good start will be to read to this

If you are after building a watch, be prepared to spend... both for the learning experience (things do go wrong) and parts can be expensive.  You are then on a slippery slope of quality vs price.  It can blow out quickly.   However if you are after cheapies, might I suggest you chuck a 35 quid and become a VIP member.  You get access to the world of cheap(er) watches on other platforms.  Well worth the investment.

Have a great time here.

• Like 1

scottyDog

Thanks and I'm aware of the pitfalls of this endeavour, which is why I've come here as I enjoy the research and work that goes into making a quality replica and the fact the spending $1000.00 doesn't mean you get a watch that's worth the same amount.  But  there's always someone somewhere that's already made the mistakes I'm hopefully trying to avoid and is willing to admit/advise me on the best way to build a watch.

Thanks again 

mbv7

Hello fam!!

So I'm Mike and I'm new over here and also on the big world of replica watches.

I have something for sure, my first purchase will be the Rolex SD43 126600 ARF V3. Now I still have to decide where to buy it, I've seen perfect clones in the trusted dealer's list and they accept paypal so... I'm gonna go for it in a few days!

If you want I'll be posting the QC pictures I receive and discuss if its a GL or a RL. Can't wait to have it!

Thank you very much and enjoy your watches!

BravoDelta
15 minutes ago, mbv7 said:

If you want I'll be posting the QC pictures I receive

Hello Mike...the SD43... good choice :thumbsup2:.  Remember CNY is still going on and your inquiry/order will probably be delayed. Be sure to read the new members section. In there you'll find that QC pics are not allowed. 

mbv7
13 minutes ago, BravoDelta said:

Hello Mike...the SD43... good choice :thumbsup2:.  Remember CNY is still going on and your inquiry/order will probably be delayed. Be sure to read the new members section. In there you'll find that QC pics are not allowed. 

Oh okay sorry, didn't see that part! Haha

No problem, I will show it when it arrives. I'm not hurry to get it, i just need it to be on my hands before March 24th :P

Professor Smaragd

Hi everybody,

a new newb here that is saying hello.

i joined for two specific models: JLC Master Calender Moonphase and Rolex Daydate Platinum with president and the blue riffled dial.

maybe you got some tips for the best? 

thefever

Hi. Ive been into reps since 2013. It’s crazy how time flies. Have quite a few gens, vintage and modern Rolex, couple of Panerai. 

Looking to see just how far the replica evolution can go. 

tribefan
1 hour ago, thefever said:

Hi. Ive been into reps since 2013. It’s crazy how time flies. Have quite a few gens, vintage and modern Rolex, couple of Panerai. 

Looking to see just how far the replica evolution can go. 

Obligatory:

:ttiwwop:

stevie

Hi all...
I saw a YouTube video of a comparison between a rep and gen Seamaster 300, the rep is amazing, and it gave me the idea that I could afford one!  After a few days worth of googling I've ended up here. And glad I did. I found lots of websites selling reps but it wasn't till I came here that I was introduced to the concept of Trusted dealers. Learnt a lot already, more to learn on the way...

K-Bike

Hello!

While I have a small collection of watches they have all been gen - so rep watches are recently new to me! I still have my first watch, a 40+ years' old Timex :D

Cheers!

K-Bike (K1200GT :)

tribefan
2 hours ago, K-Bike said:

I still have my first watch, a 40+ years' old Timex :D

Pics or it didn't happen. :img:

K-Bike
1 hour ago, tribefan said:

Pics or it didn't happen. :img:

LMAO  here ya go! I remember wearing this on a wide leather strap :D

qxN9W.jpg

• Like 1

mmpu

Hello from me to. Second day or rhird here and its really interesting stiff here to see  and to read

Sevrance

Hey all, been a watch guy for quite some time now and delving into quality reps. Been reading tons of interesting stuff these last few days. Excited to pick up my first one!