Sign in to follow this  
roca197

Weight & stainless steel questions

roca197

I have a few questions about weight and stainless steel quality hoping someone could enlighten.

Does the quality of the movement affect the watch's overall weight for example will a rep Rolex DJ with an Asian 21j weigh less than a rep Rolex DJ with a Swiss movement?

When a rep is advertised as 316L stainless steel does this mean that the entire watch is 316L case and bracelet?

If the watch isn't advertised as 316L what kind of stainless steel grade is it?

Is there a typical grade that reps are made from?

Does an expensive rep usually weigh more than a cheapie version?

Daywatch

Hi and welcome. There is no noticeable weight difference between an Asian 21j or a Swiss. Looks and weight on many Asian 21j or Swiss is exactly the same. Most sensible cost/quality relationship movement to get is the Asian ETA (Swiss clone).

For definition: Everything below 128 Usd would call it creepy (very rare exceptions allowed). Good cheapies 128 Usd - 188 Usd.

Weight samples:

- Submariner 16613 Asian ETA: 130 gr.

- DSSD Asian 21j: 206 gr.

- PAM 193, 23j: 196 gr.

- Submariner 116610 Asian 21j: 149 gr.

316L is the low carbon version of 316 stainless steel, it´s very good.

The only really noticeable difference is when the gen is heavy gold and the rep is (much) lighter gold-plated stainless steel. SS versions are approx. the same.

N.Rico

Well roca197 i am not a fan rep Rolex , but i can subjects that if you wants to know where to find the best option in a piece ,ask like this , who has the best Rolex ? and many of the guys experts in Rolex rep will guide you for sure, cheers and welcome.

trailboss99

Well roca197 i am not a fan rep Rolex , but i can subjects that if you wants to know where to find the best option in a piece ,ask like this , who has the best Rolex ? and many of the guys experts in Rolex rep will guide you for sure, cheers and welcome.

132416338085.jpg

roca197

My question wasn't geared toward any particular rep. I own a Rolex rep which is why I used it as an example. My question is really just in general.

roca197

I haven't posted any pictures but I have a few pre RWG reps and 2 that I've purchased since joining from trusted td's plus 2 more on the way. Plan on posting pictures soon.

TheInthusiest

132416338085.jpg

qIeivep.gif