Sign in to follow this  
plankton

Rolex Datejust II gen vs. rep pics BOTH brand new as promised.

chats

it looks pretty good from the picture, i have never took an interest with a DJ before. so i dont know the flaws, seems pretty good to me :D

millionaire wannabe
This will be interesting, I have a Gen 116334 18k white, blue face, stick coming from my gen guy and one coming from Joshua (I have a bud that wants the rep- I Hope no change of heart). I've always wanted that classic Rolex, we will see how they both do.

I put up a post a few months back about how accurate the DJ II was, well here is your answer. Here a SxS pics for you to make the decision.

001_zps524a070a.jpg

002_zpsac775339.jpg

003_zpsf7558980.jpg

004_zps72a5d0fa.jpg

005_zpsf7511d42.jpg

006_zpsb3d578e6.jpg

007_zps6622e85c.jpg

008_zpse4d25355.jpg

009_zpsd338da56.jpg

010_zpsf045b8f3.jpg

012_zps891f6b68.jpg

Uuuuuuuuuuummmmmm.....okee.....I have NO idea which one is the rep and gen? Aaaaaaaaah. Lol.

jaydotz90

HEY IM REALLY INTERESTED IN WHO THE SELLER IS FOR THIS WATCH COULD SOMEBODY HELP ME OR PROVIDE ME WITH A WEBSITE? THANKS

HEY IM REALLY INTERESTED IN WHO THE SELLER IS FOR THIS WATCH COULD SOMEBODY HELP ME OR PROVIDE ME WITH A WEBSITE? THANKS

Alexandra Smith

fancy pics and love the datejust so much....

mmstrue

I believe that Joshua is with Perfect clones...please correct me someone if I am wrong.

P4GTR

wow. looks like the same damn watch.

golddusterrolex360

It's the one on the right.

John M

So cool!

plankton

I believe that Joshua is with Perfect clones...please correct me someone if I am wrong.

Joshua at Perfect Clones

yoyo123

Wow!! This is super helpful. Was looking to get a datejust II. Very cool post. Thanks! :)

plankton

I run around in circles with this hobby, just ordered another DJII from Toro.................................................................................................................

Plan to drop a 2836 in it, seal and wear it.

trailboss99

WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING AT US????

WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING AT US????

@ Jacobarch: glaring to who mate? Picky folk maybe but that would pass muster on the wrist in any company bar anal repaholics.

plankton

Children and manners????

watch.aholic

Does anyone know or has anyone tried if the rep DJ II will take a gen rolex crystal?

I can't stand that horrible reflection on the cyclops.

Always wanted a slate grey green dial DJ II and if a gen crystal can be mounted it's time to probably get one.

plankton

Below is a thread on the Noob DJII tear down, maybe this will help you. I honestly couldn't notice a difference holding the gen and rep side by side (if there was anoticable difference I would have kept the gen). I will check into that as well. Please let me know what you find out.

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=83580

BC1221

I got one of these DJIIs in a trade and I gotta say, it's a hell of a rep.

I'm sure the gen weighs more.

Gold weighs a lot more than bronze. Just a bezel but the fluted bezel is fairly thick.

The crystal on mine is slightly cloudy if you look at it at a certain angle and the light hits it right, you can see it. It was driving me insane so I tried sourcing a crystal off eBay. Out of the 3 I've tried so far, none of them work. I think the rep crystal is about a mm bigger. Might have to just order one from a TD if they can get me one. I know noob doesn't like selling parts.

Aside from that, the gen like construction is awesome. The lume kinda sucks but it's applied evenly at least. I think the reps have a gloss coating on them. Never seen lume like this before. It charges really weird under uv light.

My dial had some glue left over in random places on the dial but a few hours with some paint brushes and bottled water got rid of most of them.

Overall, id consider it a super rep. The only tell IMO is the crystal. Even the rehaut on mine lines up almost all around.

It's slowly turning in to one of my fav watches. Just wish I could get a new crystal for it.

plankton

I got one of these DJIIs in a trade and I gotta say, it's a hell of a rep.

I'm sure the gen weighs more.

Gold weighs a lot more than bronze. Just a bezel but the fluted bezel is fairly thick.

The crystal on mine is slightly cloudy if you look at it at a certain angle and the light hits it right, you can see it. It was driving me insane so I tried sourcing a crystal off eBay. Out of the 3 I've tried so far, none of them work. I think the rep crystal is about a mm bigger. Might have to just order one from a TD if they can get me one. I know noob doesn't like selling parts.

Aside from that, the gen like construction is awesome. The lume kinda sucks but it's applied evenly at least. I think the reps have a gloss coating on them. Never seen lume like this before. It charges really weird under uv light.

My dial had some glue left over in random places on the dial but a few hours with some paint brushes and bottled water got rid of most of them.

Overall, id consider it a super rep. The only tell IMO is the crystal. Even the rehaut on mine lines up almost all around.

It's slowly turning in to one of my fav watches. Just wish I could get a new crystal for it.

Maybe send off the crystal to get AR'd from Vac or Domi?

BC1221

hrmm.. where are vac or domi located? theres a few crystals i want AR'd.

jdog

I believe Vac is stateside and Domi in EU. I think...

plankton

I believe Vac is stateside and Domi in EU. I think...

Vac is Florida US, Domi is in Germany.

datguy

How does one get in touch with vac?

jacobarch

@ Jacobarch: glaring to who mate? Picky folk maybe but that would pass muster on the wrist in any company bar anal repaholics.

Well it's the same reason why people mod their watches. Yes of course it's going to pass anyone's eye test. Some people are just anal.

kleban

wow - didn't realise they'd be that close... Seriously wondering if I still want a gen...

watch.aholic

Does anyone know or has anyone tried if the rep DJ II will take a gen rolex crystal?

I can't stand that horrible reflection on the cyclops.

Always wanted a slate grey green dial DJ II and if a gen crystal can be mounted it's time to probably get one.

Bumping it.....Just in case anyone has info on this.