Sign in to follow this  
TheSav

eBay seller describes seamaster as rep in sale.

higginsd

What is your problem? He is selling a rep - and said this is a rep! In every rep forum there is a section where hundreds of reps are sold...

Necromancer

Some people don't like to see other people getting ripped off.

Some people like to interfere or get involved in things that don't affect them. Some people just like to impart their knowledge.

Me, I really couldn't give a flying fook as long as it doesn't affect me or mine.

But that's just me...

ashtree

What is your problem? He is selling a rep - and said this is a rep! In every rep forum there is a section where hundreds of reps are sold...

Don't try to defend this.

DR3M3L

What's wrong? He did after there was already a bid of 600+ ;) He edited his sale description.

nev848

Send Omega a message and lets see if they see a problem with it... Just a thought.

zinnboy
:facepalm:

MikeAlmighty
Send Omega a message and lets see if they see a problem with it... Just a thought.

By that logic maybe you should rat out all the TDs too...just a thought

nev848

Maybe I was joking FFS. Has anyone got a sense of humour around here anymore.

James.

:facepalm:

Seriously?

Wow.

Robin195959

This differs from M2M how? The selling price strongly suggests the buyer new what he was getting. Get off your high horses!!!

nev848

OK as I forgot to put a smiley face after my comment my response was me being ironic to the above comment. Not me actually stating to contact Omega.

Note to self.... Must use more smiley faces. :)

James.

the award for most absurd comment on the internet goes to....now, the "issue" is twofold;a) as advised above the seller apparently updated the description after the auction had begun.B) its illegal to sell replica goods on eBay regardless of whether you describe them as such or not. It is NOT illegal to sell them on here.it's really not rocket science, folks.

MikeAlmighty

the award for most absurd comment on the internet goes to....now, the "issue" is twofold;a) as advised above the seller apparently updated the description after the auction had begun.B) its illegal to sell replica goods on eBay regardless of whether you describe them as such or not. It is NOT illegal to sell them on here.it's really not rocket science, folks.

Some of you guys kill me!

This whole hobby that we all love is illegal. Period. And YOU are involved in illegal activity. Period. So don't try to tell me about rockets

Robin195959

Some of you guys kill me!

This whole hobby that we all love is illegal. Period. And YOU are involved in illegal activity. Period. So don't try to tell me about

rockets

+1trillion.

James.

Technically it depends upon where you live, it may not be illegal to own or buy reps but to sell them etc etc but to clarify my point, I was referring to the inherent illegality of the actions of selling fakes as described by the terms of a particular website. If you still don't understand I have some crayons and a pot of non-toxic paint I can use to draw you a picture.

TheSav

Wow there really are some numpties here. The issue is not the selling of replicas but in the selling of replicas and passing them off as Gens therefore ripping off unsuspecting consumers. This listing was updated after it was made and even then it was not clear that the watch was a replica as he only used the word "rep". I couldn't give a flying fuck if someone sells a replica and advertises it as such. I do however give a shit when people sell replicas for exorbitant amounts and knowingly rip off people.

Robin195959

Use your crayons to describe to the drug dealer, currency counterfeiter, clothes copier why he shouldn't be indignant at someone plying HIS trade on eBay

James.

EBay: "you are NOT allowed to sell counterfeit goods here"

RWG: "you ARE allowed to sell counterfeit goods here (certain criteria must be met)"

Robin195959

Check out the first line of any AA meeting.

Or from another perspective lets not throw stones from our glass house. Do we really want to draw unnecessary attention to us or our TD's?

Let the rest get on with it. We are here to avoid such crap.

James.

Mikeangie was the only person relating any of this to the TD's. Ebay has nil to do with them, none are daft enough to try that.

One of the reasons why so many members here "get on their high-horses" about reps being sold on Ebay is because we knowingly buy reps from safe sources. RWG members (i'd hope) search meticulously and deliberately for their next rep. Ebay is a marketplace where people should be insulated from mistakenly purchasing counterfeits. We see people who try to flog reps on there as bringing a bad name to our hobby, trying to take advantage of the unknowing buyer, regardless of whether the description indicated the item to be a fake or not.

It could be one person who's been trolling through WUS/WR for months looking for a speedy in budget who may see a cheap speedy on ebay and think "what a bargain!" and bid without reading the description thoroughly. Or it could be an old person thinking they're buying a great little gift for their son/nephew etc, not everyone is so familiar with the ebay/ the internet. It only takes one, and it brings this whole hobby into a poor light. Caveat emptor always, but buyers should feel safe there.

g.man

+1 James

Robin195959

See you at the next AA meeting St James.

Realism

i hope one of you get some kind of a fake instead of the real thing on ebay one of this good days... then you'll know how it feel

MikeAlmighty

i hope one of you get some kind of a fake instead of the real thing on ebay one of this good days... then you'll know how it feel

:brightlight:

zdh

nice