Sign in to follow this  
mrtsumoto80

New Acquisition!!

mrtsumoto80

I suck, I promised myself I would not be buying another watch any soon...

End of February: Ok let's give it a try, bought a PAM 320 from Josh

March: Fuck it, bought TWO steinharts that I still do not have a date for delivery

March 31: Too good to pass, Bought a Borealis Seafarer.

I'm into boutique watches and I have seen lately some fantastic reviews on the Borealis Seafarer, so after exchanging a couple of mails

with Maria at Borealis I places my order.

Definitively a bang for your buck regarding specs for the first deep diver from the Portuguese Brand

• Case Size: 44mm x 56mm
  • Screwed down crown
  • Flat Sapphire Crystal with A/R coating inside
  • 120 clicks unidirectional ceramic bezel with BGW9 lume applied to indexes
  • Made in Japan Citizen Miyota 9015 Automatic Movement
  • Automatic Helium Release Valve
  • 316L Stainless Steel Case
  • Lug Width: 24.00 mm
  • Water Resistance: 2000 meters
  • Case height: 17mm
  • Weight with bracelet and all links: 302 grams
  • 316L Stainless steel bracelet with precision adjustable buckle
  • Swiss Made BGW9 Superluminova applied to dial, watch hands and ceramic bezel
  • Screwed Case Back with engraved mermaid

Really, it's hard to even think about a Rolex DSSD rep that you can´t swim with when you can have for the same price a watch that goes 2000m

219380479.jpg

HWG

Nice Borealis! I agree, for the same price of a rep, its a gen, and rated to get wet right out of the box with no issues. Enjoy it!

rusty peters

Very nice. That's a big watch. I hope they make a smaller version too. I am going to do some research.

mrtsumoto80

Nice Borealis! I agree, for the same price of a rep, its a gen, and rated to get wet right out of the box with no issues. Enjoy it!

Thank you HWG yes it's a gen with fantastic specs and we all know the reliable workhorse the Miyota 9015 is, besides when you have big watch inventory like we do

we really don't put our watches to the test if you get me, we have a huge wrist rotation lol I'm sure it will last for a very long time!

mrtsumoto80

Very nice. That's a big watch. I hope they make a smaller version too. I am going to do some research.

Yes Rusty it's huge! but then again it's rated for 2000 meters so its has to be right? plus it would be the only deep diver in my collection, I prefer as well smaller watches but it is nice to have this options, specially since I'm saving to pay for a PADI diving license :D

They are producing and will be available during the year (sold out now) another smaller version rated to respectable 1500 meters LOL holding a cool Seiko NH36 movement with quick date correction and hacking secs. the borealis sea hawk

Keep an eye on them

Robin195959

Fab buy. Makes you wonder why big brands cost so much. Enjoy!!

Aren

Beautiful Borealis...quite stunning. That is a big watch !

I hope you will post a wristie and a lume shot if you will.

Looking forward to your Steinhart photos.

Nice purchases.

Enjoy!

:D

plankton

Nice purchase!

Bash64

Very nice. I have not looked at that brand before and I think I should!! Nice size too.

mrtsumoto80

Nice purchases.

Enjoy!

Thank you Aren, really looking forward to do a decent photoshoot when I get them, I've been quiet but I'm actually a good photographer and photoshoper, not as good as Del but I know you guys will appreciate the pictures. The borealis have a beautiful blue lume also in the bezel.

As for the Steinharts I contacted them today and change one of the watches in my order, I'm not getting the bronze pilot anymore I changed it for an Ocean One GMT so I'´ll be getting three divers :help3: For the pilot I'll be looking later for Laco or something similar. The guys at steinhart were pretty cool, in the total amount of the order with this change there was a difference of 10 euros to them but they will assume that cost and gladly changed my order.

1779332_826337414050277_264277920_n.jpg

Edited by mrtsumoto80

mrtsumoto80

Fab buy. Makes you wonder why big brands cost so much. Enjoy!!

Indeed my friend, that is why I'm going the boutique route, I'm not that much into brands but best bang for your buck, and I'm sure some of this boutique brands will be huge someday and pieces would be valuable at least to my grandchildren lol

mrtsumoto80

Very nice. I have not looked at that brand before and I think I should!! Nice size too.

Def. worth it Bash!

Aren

Nice purchases.

Enjoy!

Thank you Aren, really looking forward to do a decent photoshoot when I get them, I've been quiet but I'm actually a good photographer and photoshoper, not as good as Del but I know you guys will appreciate the pictures. The borealis have a beautiful blue lume also in the bezel.

As for the Steinharts I contacted them today and change one of the watches in my order, I'm not getting the bronze pilot anymore I changed it for an Ocean One GMT so I'´ll be getting three divers :help3: For the pilot I'll be looking later for Laco or something similar. The guys at steinhart were pretty cool, in the total amount of the order with this change there was a difference of 10 euros to them but they will assume that cost and gladly changed my order.

Kcore just posted an Ocean One and it is a lovely watch.

Can't wait to see the lume shots, especially the bezel. :)

fangtl

Great acquisition, I personally like the Francis Drake / Tudor homage myself but I can't wait to get my Seafarer. The WR is overkill, considering the scuba world record is only ~ 1000 ft.

mrtsumoto80

Great acquisition, I personally like the Francis Drake / Tudor homage myself but I can't wait to get my Seafarer. The WR is overkill, considering the scuba world record is only ~ 1000 ft.

Yea the francis drake is pretty cool but I was a little down because of the seagull movement I know it's good but the Miyota is superior and for even less.

I will probably get a next incarnation of the Francis Drake if they upgrade the movement it would be awesome to have a blue version like the new black bay

mrtsumoto80

Nice purchases.

Enjoy!

Kcore just posted an Ocean One and it is a lovely watch.

Can't wait to see the lume shots, especially the bezel. :)

Yea I was discussing a few days back with Kcore about it I placed my order for the vintage one just like his in the same week but I told Steinhart to hold the delivery since I ordered Two watches and for shipping costs I wanted them delivered at the same time, so Ive been waiting a month for the other watch in the order to be in stock

they will be shipping at the end of the week

NFleischer

Congrats, thats a nice looking piece. A bit heavy and big for my taste and wrist size.

Mike on a bike

Had it nice, Francis Drake also, movement fear well +- 1 sec in three days not so bad I'd say............ ( on the Drake that is)

Mike on a bike

Have this one also Borealis-Sea-Diver-20140105-1050016-1024x768.jpg

dave47

March: Fuck it, bought TWO steinharts that I still do not have a date for delivery

I'm into boutique watches and I have seen lately some fantastic reviews on the Borealis Seafarer, so after exchanging a couple of mails

Definitively a bang for your buck regarding specs for the first deep diver from the Portuguese Brand

• Screwed down crown

Really, it's hard to even think about a Rolex DSSD rep that you can´t swim with when you can have for the same price a watch that goes 2000m

219380479.jpg

WOW!! THAT, my friend, is beauteous!! Wear & swim with it well. I MUST be bold and ask you WHERE you found this beauty and WHAT you paid for it.

dave

Daywatch

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Already had a good look at their website -wow - this was exactly what I needed, another brand to get interested in:) Like the Fifty Fathoms type lumed bezel of Yours, the Tudor snowflake hand, overall Rolex design and Breitling Abyss waterproofness, this is really interesting.

mrtsumoto80

Have this one also Borealis-Sea-Diver-20140105-1050016-1024x768.jpg

That is a beautiful piece as well!! with a miyota movement, looks great, how it holds?

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Already had a good look at their website -wow - this was exactly what I needed, another brand to get interested in:) Like the Fifty Fathoms type lumed bezel of Yours, the Tudor snowflake hand, overall Rolex design and Breitling Abyss waterproofness, this is really interesting.

I agree, plus being a company in Portugal brings some spice to my collection LOL I Just love Portugal, had a blast on my last visit

mrtsumoto80

• Screwed down crown

219380479.jpg

WOW!! THAT, my friend, is beauteous!! Wear & swim with it well. I MUST be bold and ask you WHERE you found this beauty and WHAT you paid for it.

dave

Hi Dave, you can contact Maria at Borealis via email from their website http://www.borealiswatch.com/ or Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/BorealisWatch

She is a pleasure to deal with and replies almost immediately to your requests.

As for price, the Seafarer goes for $355 plus $10 shipping regular mail with tracking and insurance or you can pay $45 for fedex.

Great deal if you ask me

mrtsumoto80

Tracking received and now it's officially on it's way.

Now sit and wait

:hide:

dave47

THAT'S just beauteous, mrT.! A newer brand of watch just entered my goals with this pic (and a Google search). Congrats!

dave