Sign in to follow this  
jeffreyjames

Best Replica's?

jeffreyjames

I'm new so excuse the 20 questions.. I understand there are the standard replica's out there that it seems most people source from. Where are the really accurate/high end versions of the replica's? Maybe ones that are closer to $400-$500 but are a better copy, better functionality, etc?

greg_r

More expensive does not necessarily mean more accurate to the gen. Ultimately it depends on the rep.

Probably the most accurate rep at the moment is the v2 rep of the Breitling SuperOcean Heritage non-chrono (Blue or Black dial). On the Ocean Racer strap it's nearly impossible to tell from the gen, and yet it's not actually that expensive (under $300).

breitSOH_OR_190410.jpg

The Breitling Super Avenger and the top of the line Rolex DeepSea (with ETA movement) are also excellent and in the $300-$350 region.

There's plenty of others around - if you have a bit of a search you'll find an existing 'best reps' thread as well as plenty of wrist shots and reviews of various models. Take your time - there's a lot of info on here if you care to look for it :)

trailboss99

Greg, PLEASE stop showing pics of that watch!

I don't have 300 dollars! :)

Col.

greg_r
Greg, PLEASE stop showing pics of that watch!

I don't have 300 dollars! :P

Col.

Sorry! :giggle:

trailboss99

It is amazing for the money, a trip to Chieftang and it would be perfect.

Col.

greg_r

Frankly, I suspect the Chieftang AR would be better than the gen. Having had the gen on my wrist, I wasn't that blown away by the AR - the slight blue tint on the rep is pretty much unnoticeable with the blue dial unless you really look for it. They're pretty much the same in that respect.

Member X

I was thinking today that the black one I'm wearing at the moment ;) would be amazing with Chief AR - I think the AR is accurate to gen (a bit blue) and pretty awesome as it is, but losing the blue tint to really bring the black dial out would make it knockout :P

greg_r
I was thinking today that the black one I'm wearing at the moment ;) would be amazing with Chief AR - I think the AR is accurate to gen (a bit blue) and pretty awesome as it is, but losing the blue tint to really bring the black dial out would make it knockout :P

Yup - I think the AR would be worth the extra effort on a black version. Not convinced on the blue, though.

Member X

+1 :P