Sign in to follow this  
nibo

Why I Love This Hobby

nibo

Although im new to RWG i have still had some experience purchasing reps. Just reading some of the posts lately ref Customs , hangry TDs QC issues etc and it reminded me why i truly love this hobbie, there are no guarantees , nothing is written in stone , we all know the process and the highs and lows.

For me its the chase of getting a 1:1 rep as aposed to going to the high street jeweller with £5000 - £10000 in your pocket to buy your desired beauty from some ponsey bloke in a cheap suit walking on thick pile carpet. (sorry if your a watch sales Guy)

So youve trawled the net looking for your prize , clicked and zoomed in on every image possible , imagine that on my arm in a smart suit goes through your mind !!! youve then added your item to cart and checked out – job done. Then you got to get hold of it ..... so now the chase begins J

walk to the WU agent in the rain to make the money transfer ...... hope it goes through

get your MTCN # send it to your dealer ...... hope it dont take off with my cash

wait for confirmation and QC pics ...... hope the watch is like the image on the net

watch despatched tracking # advised ...... hope it don’t get lost or seized at customs

watch passes customs ...... hope I’m in when the postman arrives

Got your package ...... hope they sent the right watch

Open package , remove bubble wrap ...... watch is perfect BIG SMILES :giggle:

That’s why I love this hobby.

Daywatch

Good to see You take it easy Nibo and have humour. Honestly I could well do without the first 6 points - but I love the 7th and all that comes after, feeling on the wrist, testing of functions, sweeping of seconds, taking pics, looking at it, stopping time ....... also love step 0 which is the real hunt: looking at pictures, reading reviews, checking which could be good for You, info on the forum. Ok wish You fun and lots of good-looking, time-keeping watches.

nibo

Thank you for reading Daywatch - just wanted to share it with you all.

PaneraiAddict

nibo I could not agree more brother!!

The chase is what makes it all the more fun, especially if its a piece I've been looking for awhile for.

Really can't beat that rush of opening a new package with a new Watch inside!!

But like Daywatch stated, I love reading up on different pieces, reviews and info from here on the forums.

I could spend every hour of the day here and never get bored!!

blaze4v

Very addicting for sure!

greg_r

I do it for the girls...

:Whistle:

conx

I do it for the girls...

:Whistle:

Austin - have you taken over Greg's account?

nibo

Chaps , im after a Breitling SOH V2 REP - some other RWG guys have told me its almost impossible .... all i can say is WATCH this space the chase is on !!!

pardon the pun

greg_r

Chaps , im after a Breitling SOH V2 REP - some other RWG guys have told me its almost impossible .... all i can say is WATCH this space the chase is on !!!

pardon the pun

Be careful - there's a lot of v1.5 / v3s being sold as v2s. Now the v3 is still a good rep - just not quite as good as the v2. However, a v2 is a lot hard to find and tends to sell for a good deal more...

nibo

Be careful - there's a lot of v1.5 / v3s being sold as v2s. Now the v3 is still a good rep - just not quite as good as the v2. However, a v2 is a lot hard to find and tends to sell for a good deal more ....

CHW

im right in saying the V2 has the date at 6 oclock ?