Sign in to follow this  
mrmarcus86

Patek Nautilus 5711 lite (Pics & Video)

mrmarcus86

Dear Members,

Today I finally received my order a Patek 5711 lite version from PureTime. I know they are not a TD here but, for those members that like to know the transaction was smooth and the communication was good.

I know that there are a lot of topics about the SW200 version but there's not a lot of info about the lite version. That's why I wanted to make a review about the lite version so people with a small budget know the quality and the functionality of this beauty.

The Review

The watch is bought via PureTime a TD on RWI and Repgeek. The watch cost 198 US dollars minus shipping cost, what is a very good price in comparison with the SW200 version. This watch is ideal for people that are on a budget and don't want to spent 500 bucks on the SW200 version. The size of the watch is not the same as the gen and is a bit bigger; 44.5mm x 11mm instead of 40mm x 9,5mm (Gen).

This watch is powered by an Asian 2638 automatic movement. I have read that this movement is a pimped up 21J, so not the best.

The Quality

I have to say that I was surprised by the overall quality of the watch. The combination of the brushed and polished steal is very beautiful and elegant. The blue dial is also very nice and changes in different lighting. I know that the blue color is a bit off in comparison to the gen, but this doesn't bother me.

The dial quality is good but not perfect and that brings me with the twelve hour markers. Angus from PureTime told me that most of these lite versions have misaligned twelve hour markers. This is also the case with my watch. Some people can't stand it but if you buy a cheaper version the overall quality is not as good. You get what you pay for!!!

The crown of the lite version is also a bit different in comparison to the gen, but is very minor and people that are not watch experts will not see the difference. The crown functionality is ok but doesn't feel really solid. When I try to set the time and date I feel that it's not as solid as my other reps. So I think I need to be very careful with setting this watch.

Wearability

This 5711 wears very comfortable. I am used to wear big watch like IWC big pilots, Rolex subs and PAM's so this felt very small at first. Because it's smaller than I am used to it's extremely comfortable, it feels like I am not wearing anything.

The bracelet is not really smooth around the edges luckily this doesn't cut in to my skin and therefore very comfortable. I believe it's a perfect dress watch and fits nice under a shirt or jacked.

Conclusion

Obviously this watch has a couple of flaws like, the hands, misaligned twelve hour markers, dial color and the crown etc. But I think that the overall quality of the watch is very good, especially for the price. It wears small and is very comfortable. So people that don't want to bust there wallets you can't go wrong with this lite version. It's always possible to get an upgrade once you do have the money.

On to the Pics:

0BD2732A-C73B-4E0D-8D77-0F6922F55A6F_zpslfhaebof.jpg

E5720591-5E0F-4664-8624-F447F2D3E81F_zpsg4yrdjoa.jpg

1860A130-1305-4BC6-8816-02D3BC758D4C_zpsbi0zs2ec.jpg

D8156D92-A1DA-48B7-BDA5-7B4213EDD093_zpsifairyaf.jpg

C1ACA71A-0A3F-4864-A1E2-E26888BBCBE2_zps2u5a4iit.jpg

Video

th_39CF0481-9BFD-4143-A265-60BB1FED44CE_zps63w4tysj.jpg

I hope you guys got enough info and enjoyed my review!!

Link to the watch:

http://puretime-asia.com/product/nautilus-ss-415mm-deep-blue-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a2638/

lednewd

Doesn't look bad but if I was going to buy a watch which meant to look like a $30,000 dollar watch i'd go for the best example out there available.

_DC_

My one observation which I hadn't realised about this version before, it's quite thick!! The Nautilus is a beautifully slim watch, and the SW200 reflects that, but this one seems to sit very high on the wrist!!

DC

mrmarcus86
My one observation which I hadn't realised about this version before, it's quite thick!! The Nautilus is a beautifully slim watch, and the SW200 reflects that, but this one seems to sit very high on the wrist!!

DC

Good observation. I didn't know that, this is the first time I have seen a Nautilus in real life. Would you still think it's a good budget watch?

Jaddi66

Doesn't look bad but if I was going to buy a watch which meant to look like a $30,000 dollar watch i'd go for the best example out there available.

agreed. I learnt my lesson from not using TD's. Hence me joining this site!

_DC_

DC

Good observation. I didn't know that, this is the first time I have seen a Nautilus in real life. Would you still think it's a good budget watch?

Yeah definitely. The proportions aside it looks like a really well finished watch, nice brushed and mirror polished surfaces, and the only budget Nautilus with correct date window, I'm impressed, but guarantee that you will end up buying the SW200!

DC

_DC_

For comparison, here's my SW200 in profile (the SW200 is the one on the bottom, the bigger one on top is the chronograph)

0DB424C8-2ECE-437A-B3C2-F8F0A82118B9_zpsaewni2uz.jpg

DC

missa146

I am just about to pull the trigger on a sw200... This watch is really fascinating

mn9500

this lite version looks pretty good for the price. do you know the bph of the 2638?

_DC_
I am just about to pull the trigger on a sw200... This watch is really fascinating

You won't be disappointed, the SW200 is hands down the best rep I've owned, just so solid and never had any issues, it looks, feels and runs great!!

DC

Grimmi

You won't be disappointed, the SW200 is hands down the best rep I've owned, just so solid and never had any issues, it looks, feels and runs great!!

DC

Agreed, I must say that it (SW200) is still one of my favorites too!

The lite version does still look good too, not taking anything away from that ;)

plankton

Keep us posted. It's growing on me, for sure.

mrmarcus86

For comparison, here's my SW200 in profile (the SW200 is the one on the bottom, the bigger one on top is the chronograph)

0DB424C8-2ECE-437A-B3C2-F8F0A82118B9_zpsaewni2uz.jpg

DC

Wow big difference!!! I didn't know that. Thanks for the pics. First going to enjoy this watch and then maybe going for the SW version.

mrmarcus86

this lite version looks pretty good for the price. do you know the bph of the 2638?

It is a 21600 so it's a low beat!!

mn9500

Is the bracelet easy to realize? I've only had experience with rolex bracelets and they had screws. Does this bracelet have screws or pins? Thanks.

budfox1028

Is the bracelet easy to realize? I've only had experience with rolex bracelets and they had screws. Does this bracelet have screws or pins? Thanks.

It's very easy to take a link out. It's just one screw and a very small screw driver.

lukecrossan

love these, may be my next purchase!

Kmazn19

Very nice

Realism

the SW200 itself is thicker than the 5711 gen movement... so no point trying to compare how "thick" the lite is vs. the sw version...

$300 bucks difference is a lot of money

RUSH2112

I have bought from pure time in the past but if you are ever in the market for budget reps you should take a look at buying from reg/narikaa. Here is my nautilus I got from him for quite a bit less than $198

AE61BC04_zps4e182a15.jpg

Realism

I have bought from pure time in the past but if you are ever in the market for budget reps you should take a look at buying from reg/narikaa. Here is my nautilus I got from him for quite a bit less than $198

AE61BC04_zps4e182a15.jpg

the meh "superrep" crowd will say that your date window is wrong bla bla bla

like it fucken matters anyway

RUSH2112

AE61BC04_zps4e182a15.jpg

the meh "superrep" crowd will say that your date window is wrong bla bla bla

like it fucken matters anyway

Yeah I'm definitely not anal about tells in my watches. I know squat about pateks anyways since there is no way in hell I will ever buy one even if I was drowning in money.

mn9500

Mine just arrived from silix. They were able to source me one for $148.

zinnboy

True. But I'd go for the best one *within my budget* This isn't a bad example. But I'd leave it. Only mods id do is have dwo realigned and a KeNNy relume.

mrmarcus86

True. But I'd go for the best one *within my budget* This isn't a bad example. But I'd leave it. Only mods id do is have dwo realigned and a KeNNy relume.

I agree. It's not a bad watch if your on a budget. But if you want and have the money get the SW version.