Sign in to follow this  
mrmarcus86

Patek Nautilus 5711 lite (Pics & Video)

mnml

Ok, so SW200 is the best, but how would you guys compare budget versions?

I'm more interested in build quality than in accuracy...

So the first one, the reg one and I also found this one: http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=75850 (quite cheap on btc, but not sure if I want to start with btc just to buy a watch.. easier to send reg a mail and be done with it :D)

_DC_
Ok, so SW200 is the best, but how would you guys compare budget versions?

I'm more interested in build quality than in accuracy...

So the first one, the reg one and I also found this one: http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=75850 (quite cheap on btc, but not sure if I want to start with btc just to buy a watch.. easier to send reg a mail and be done with it :D)

Well actually, this is a little out of date now, the SW200 is no longer "the best" depending on your opinion!! There been a new version released with a Miyota movement which is better finished with a more accurate dial. Check out my full review here....

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=82449&hl=&fromsearch=1

But the best news is the Miyota is almost half the price of the SW200!!!!!!!!!!

So there ya go, the Miyota is the new kid in town and he's very impressive, I liked it so much I have two!!

DC

mnml

Great review, thx! But it makes me want to wait, so they can get those hands right :D

Do you think they will ever do that, or there is no point in waiting?

Edited by mnml

Gmtaddict

I own two SW200 versions, so at first I was also planning to wait for an improved model, but based on DC's feedback, I think I'm going to get a Miyota and swap the hands from a cheap 21J I also have.....

herb

I own two SW200 versions, so at first I was also planning to wait for an improved model, but based on DC's feedback, I think I'm going to get a Miyota and swap the hands from a cheap 21J I also have.....

So has anyone actually done the hand transplant yet? I have the new Miyota but no donor parts. Would gladly buy a cheapie to do it, just don't want to be the first to attempt it and then F it up.

UmpaHimself

44.5mm x 11mm!! :o That's huge!

Congrats, wear it well. :)

Gmtaddict

So has anyone actually done the hand transplant yet? I have the new Miyota but no donor parts. Would gladly buy a cheapie to do it, just don't want to be the first to attempt it and then F it up.

Cicero did it, but I saw he put it on sale a couple days ago, so don't know who the new owner is...

herb

Cicero did it, but I saw he put it on sale a couple days ago, so don't know who the new owner is...

...and we don't know if there is a correlation between the mod and wanting to get rid of the watch. Just kidding! I did not see it, unfortunately.