Sign in to follow this  
sancc

what is cool?....

sancc

Hello everyone

As you all know I am new to this and I keep reading and learning....I have been thinking about this for a while and I would like to see your opinions...The other day I was behind a Mitsubishi Pajero and I laughed, I allways do because if you are spanish like me you think what a stupid name for a car...paja in spanish means straw or (wank)...so pajero means somebody that works with straw or....anyway you have got the idea....

Sometimes companies choose really cool names for their products like lamborghini "diablo" or "murcielago", they are just cool names for a product specially a car, so I was thinking the same about watches and I would like to know what you think is the coolest name for a watch, you have to forget what it looks like, I am not asking what is the most beautiful watch, or the best, or your favourite......but which one has the best, or coolest marketing name.

There are many mobile phones but only one blackberry... you got the idea.

In my opinion some of the best are The blackbird, and The Seawolf........but I do like a lot the name Planet Ocean.

Unfortunally I can not think about any cool names from Rolex, they are just plain...except the "Pussy Galore" one.....just joking.

Luthier

????????

What name could be more beautiful, than "Submariner"???

KBH

How about the Rolex Great White, Paul Newman Daytona, Steve Mcqueen Explorer? Ok the names aren't great but the namesakes and watches are cool. And the Datejust Thunderbird?

How about the Pam family? You have the 000, 005 ,111, 183, 234, etc. Then you have the Base models, Pre-V. Then they get real marketing savvy with the "Slyteck" and the "Big Egiziano". Awesome marketing department.

Actually, I think Hublot has some cool names, although I don't really like the watches. Big Bang, Ice Bang, etc.

sancc
Hello everyone

As you all know I am new to this and I keep reading and learning....I have been thinking about this for a while and I would like to see your opinions...The other day I was behind a Mitsubishi Pajero and I laughed, I allways do because if you are spanish like me you think what a stupid name for a car...paja in spanish means straw or (wank)...so pajero means somebody that works with straw or....anyway you have got the idea....

Sometimes companies choose really cool names for their products like lamborghini "diablo" or "murcielago", they are just cool names for a product specially a car, so I was thinking the same about watches and I would like to know what you think is the coolest name for a watch, you have to forget what it looks like, I am not asking what is the most beautiful watch, or the best, or your favourite......but which one has the best, or coolest marketing name.

There are many mobile phones but only one blackberry... you got the idea.

In my opinion some of the best are The blackbird, and The Seawolf........but I do like a lot the name Planet Ocean.

Unfortunally I can not think about any cool names from Rolex, they are just plain...except the "Pussy Galore" one.....just joking.

love that! but it one of the very few names from Rolex that is cool , and it is a shame because the watches are very cool indeed...

sancc
How about the Rolex Great White, Paul Newman Daytona, Steve Mcqueen Explorer? Ok the names aren't great but the namesakes and watches are cool. And the Datejust Thunderbird?

How about the Pam family? You have the 000, 005 ,111, 183, 234, etc. Then you have the Base models, Pre-V. Then they get real marketing savvy with the "Slyteck" and the "Big Egiziano". Awesome marketing department.

Actually, I think Hublot has some cool names, although I don't really like the watches. Big Bang, Ice Bang, etc.

Agree with the "Great White" but not the other two because the ones that are really cool are Paul Newman and Steve Mcqueen... not daytona...Sorry it is just an opinion.Do not forget that I give a woman's point of view...The Pam family should get a 007 model if they have not got one yet...that would be cool.

mrtepax

actually, the name of lambos are mainly inspired by bulls names (or races), as the lamborghini logo is a bull, as the zodiac sign of the founder of the brand

JoeyB

I rather like the 'Pussy Galore', and we just happen to have a thread somewhere around here about it... :D

GC

PloProf... IMO that is a cool name! A combination of Plongeur Professionnel, which is French for professional diver.

And the watch is bad ass too!

btw & fwiw... Cool is what i say it is...:)

greg_r
PloProf... IMO that is a cool name! A combination of Plongeur Professionnel, which is French for professional diver.

btw & fwiw... Cool is what i say it is...:)

The problem with the word Plongeur is that to us Brits it sounds remarkably close to "Plonker" which means something completely different :P

Brightlight

Agree with the "Great White" but not the other two because the ones that are really cool are Paul Newman and Steve Mcqueen... not daytona...Sorry it is just an opinion.Do not forget that I give a woman's point of view...The Pam family should get a 007 model if they have not got one yet...that would be cool.

There can be nothing cooler than the Rolex James Bond Sub, shaken not stirred it will keep going, big crown, well you would expect that from JB. Rolecksh not cool? Shurely shome mishtake......................

mondeov6

btw & fwiw... Cool is what i say it is...:P

The problem with the word Plongeur is that to us Brits it sounds remarkably close to "Plonker" which means something completely different :D

.... "Plunger"?... :)

Brightlight

btw & fwiw... Cool is what i say it is...:facepalm:

The problem with the word Plongeur is that to us Brits it sounds remarkably close to "Plonker" which means something completely different ;)

.... "Plunger"?... :rofl:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=plonker

mondeov6

btw & fwiw... Cool is what i say it is...;)

The problem with the word Plongeur is that to us Brits it sounds remarkably close to "Plonker" which means something completely different ;)

Ohhhh.... a bit like me then.... :facepalm:

Brightlight

btw & fwiw... Cool is what i say it is...;)

Ohhhh.... a bit like me then.... :facepalm:

don't be a plonker!! ;)

Ska

Personally I love watches who's names and designs have been inspired by great stories or people. So top three coolest sounding watch names are:

1. Audemars Piguet Royal Oak

The Royal Oak is inspired by the British naval vessel of the same name which was sunk on 14th October 1939 by a German submarine in the Scapa Flow with almost total loss of life. The name "Royal Oak" itself comes from when Charles II, King of England hid in an Oak Tree to escape the pursuing troops of Oliver Cromwell in 1651. The British Navy actually named three ships in commemoration of this between 1802 and 1914.

The Royal Oak's bezel design is inspired by the design of the Portholes on the sunken vessel.

2.Panerai Radiomir

Officine Panerai presented the first Radiomir to the Italian Navy in 1936, specifically designed to be used by their "Incursori" - elite divers who attached bombs to enemy ships and infiltrated submarines. The name "Radiomir" relates to the radium-filled tubes which fed the numerals from a reservoir beneath the dial giving them incredible luminosity which could be seen underwater without the need for charging.

3. Breitling Skyland Avenger.

Just an awesome name, and an equally fantastic company.

greg_r

Surely the winner has to be:

"Hello Kitty Couture Kitty Watch"

hellokittywatch.jpg

.... whaddya mean, "NO"?

:rofl:

Brightlight
Surely the winner has to be:

"Hello Kitty Couture Kitty Watch"

hellokittywatch.jpg

.... whaddya mean, "NO"?

:rofl:

Have you been borrowing Kink's watches again G?

greg_r

Where d'ya think I got the photo? :rofl: