Sign in to follow this  
mmaibl2011

Looking for some basic help with my new tag carrera calibre 36

mmaibl2011

Greetings!

I just received a new tag heuer carrera calibre 36 from tswatch

http://www.tswatchltd.com/product.php?id_product=15165

My extremely basic question is how do you wind this watch? The crown rotates both forwards and backwards at its 0 position (flush with watch.) when in position 1 (one click) i can rotate it towards me to specify date and forwads are far as I can tell does nothing. Position 2(2 clicks out) allows me to set the time.

I cannot for the life of me figure this out. It's probably a simple answer. The crown at 10 oclock doesnt screw down and only controls the watches inner bezel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks all!

Wriggles

It's an auto, and as it's 7750 any hand winding has to be very careful as the gears strip very easily. Just give it a good few swirls and wear it, your arm movement moves the rotor and "charges" it up.

Be careful with the 7750 it needs a bit of TLC when setting date etc and using the chrono's. Read the movement thread in the new member section

mmaibl2011

Could it be possible i received thr watch with the gears stripped? Havent been able to wind it from the box. Do you wind the crown at position 0?

Left Coast Guy

You linked to a Quartz watch.....if its quartz, it will not wind. That's pretty standard....

mmaibl2011

Well im fairly new to this whole thing. The movement stops working completely. If it doesnt wind what do i do? Does it use a battery? Is it normal to receive them dead?

stevok2305

If that link is the watch you bought you can wind it til the cows come home and fuck all will happen. It's a quartz they don't wind up just run off a battery. Does it work when you push the crown all the way in?

Left Coast Guy

First, are you sure the watch isn't working? Since its a chronograph, the normal seconds hand won't run until you press the chronograph button located at 2 o'clock. So it may appear not to be working, if you're expecting that seconds hand to move.

Try pressing the pusher at 2 o'clock and see if that starts the second. If not, then yes, next step is to change the battery.

TheInthusiest

QUARTZ = BATTERY (figure 1) NO WINDING.

Figure 1

lemania_quartz_movement_1024.jpg

AUTOMATIC = NO BATTERY. YOU CAN WIND IF YOU WANT. BUT YOU DONT NEED TO. (figure 2). only a little pendulum looking thing called a "rotor" which does the winding for you.

(figure 2)

ml_image.1064346.jpg

Edited by TheInthusiest

mmaibl2011

Theinthuesiest thanks so much for your straightforward answer. In fact thank all of you for your help. I guess i have quite a bit of learning to do.

plankton

Figure 1

lemania_quartz_movement_1024.jpg

AUTOMATIC = NO BATTERY. YOU CAN WIND IF YOU WANT. BUT YOU DONT NEED TO. (figure 2). only a little pendulum looking thing called a "rotor" which does the winding for you.

(figure 2)

ml_image.1064346.jpg

Ah now I understand!!!!

TheInthusiest

Figure 1

(figure 2)

Ah now I understand!!!!

Glad i could help...

Wriggles

It's an auto, and as it's 7750 any hand winding has to be very careful as the gears strip very easily. Just give it a good few swirls and wear it, your arm movement moves the rotor and "charges" it up.

Be careful with the 7750 it needs a bit of TLC when setting date etc and using the chrono's. Read the movement thread in the new member section

D'oH. Should read more carefully, saw 7750 and thought it was the high end rep, but it's just 7750 case on a quartz so of course what I wrote is crap. Battery operated, no winding :facepalm:

ag69

Well im fairly new to this whole thing. The movement stops working completely. If it doesnt wind what do i do? Does it use a battery? Is it normal to receive them dead?

Quartz movement uses a battery. Try changing the battery.

Rands09

Nice watch though