Sign in to follow this  
Massimo

Rolex Day Date from Lawrence

Massimo

Thanks first to Greg and this thread:

http://www.replica-watch-guide.net/forum/i...pic=465&hl=

Based on my longer term plan to look out for a gen Datejust, I decided to get some of that $55 Day Date action from Lawrence to keep me ticking over. After looking at his various models I eventually decided on the same stainless steel option as Greg.

I can't fault the communication and the exchange of the relevant emails was concluded with in a couple of days which, with a time difference, is as quick as it could really be. Delivery in my case took three weeks to the UK so I had a few more days to sweat it out, but there were no problems and it duly arrived.

I can't add much to Greg's review: mine had the same very stiff bracelet but it's softened up considerably after oiling. I had to take out all of the removable links though to get it down to fit my seven inch wrist, and you'll see in the second photo that I made a rather rough and ready adjustment to the clasp to make it fit the curve of my arm - notice the "L" shaped "Massimo special" achieved with a couple of pairs of pliers. I'm not proud of it, but it doesn't notice on the wrist.

[WARNING: Pale wrist shot below]

Rolex%20Day%20Date%201.jpg

Rolex%20Day%20Date%202.jpg

Rolex%20Day%20Date%203.jpg

Rolex%20Day%20Date%204.jpg

I have a few reps but this is my first real "cheapie" and for the price I'm amazed at the quality. I still think, with or without the Massimo special, that the bracelet is the weak link (pun intended), and I'm considering trying it on a black leather band.

greg_r

Glad you like yours. Wearing mine today, as it happens ;)

Surprised you needed to adjust the clasp. Mine was fine (and pretty much the same shape as my previous Rollie day/date which I've had for years). I'll admit, though, that in general terms, the bracelet isn't as well made as the more expensive versions. I'm wondering whether you should have taken the last link out of the 'long' end of the bracelet and left one in on the 'short' end. Oh well - so long as it's comfortable, I suppose it doesn't matter ;)

Enjoy!

Massimo

Fair point now that you remind me, and that would have saved it I think, but the screw on that side just spins round in both directions. Not sure what's keeping it in, but it won't come out! Easy come, easy go I suppose.

I suppose if I was smart I'd have checked in at the forum for suggestions before reaching for the pliers ;)

greg_r
Fair point now that you remind me, and that would have saved it I think, but the screw on that side just spins round in both directions. Not sure what's keeping it in, but it won't come out! Easy come, easy go I suppose.

Bummer - I've been lucky, I guess, as screwthread problems are pretty common with cheaper bracelets, but I've not been caught yet.... (no doubt my time will come!)

onzenuub

It's a Rolex ;)

oscarmadfish

and oscar likes

onzenuub
and oscar likes

You like everything...you....

oscarmadfish
;) ;)

JohnG

Not a bad looking watch. Very simple and elegant.

iabounty

Looks like a great Rolex replica for the price Massimo. Congratulations. :lol: