Sign in to follow this  
gtwc

Help a noob! .... a few different questions.

gtwc

Hello everyone,

I have a few quezzies, so I'll list them in no particular order........

1) does anyone know who makes a G-P Sea Hawk replica?

2) generally speaking, how durable is the PVD coating on reps?

3) does any rep yet offer genuine DLC? (the Breitling Skyland Av Black Steel looks frighteningly close)

4) the majority of the non-chrono Richard Mille watches are offered with a 'satin' strap (fine for a ladyboy).

is this actually satin (pics are never that clear - probably deliberately), or is it kevlar as per the gen?

anyone with any experience in this?

I'm also awaiting my first 2 watches ordered from yr trusty dealers........A UN MaxiMarine Diver PVD from Mary

and a titanium Pam177 from Lawrence............(I have a Patek Aquanaut from Rek / Narikaa as well).

I also joined RWI and RWG but the forums and info gained on this site is by far & away the best (arse-licking).

Thanks guys (and ladies).

greg_r

1: No rep of that model available as far as I know - the only sites I've ever seen list the GP Sea Hawk are scammers (using photos of gens)

2. Depends on the rep, but my experiences have been very good. I have a couple of PVD PAMs, one of which got caught between my wrist and a door frame a while back. It was bad enough to take a good chunk out of the door frame (and my wrist), but once I'd cleaned it off the watch was unmarked. As with any watch if you actually manage to gouge through to the steel you're going to have a visible mark, but the more upmarket models (and even some of the cheapies) are pretty durable.

Questions 3 & 4 I can't answer. I know some of the modders have been offering aftermarket DLC, but I dunno whether there's anything coming from the repfactories...

Eiderdaus
2) generally speaking, how durable is the PVD coating on reps?

3) does any rep yet offer genuine DLC? (the Breitling Skyland Av Black Steel looks frighteningly close)

AFAIK no rep dealer is providing DLC coating since this is very expensive. The "PVD" coating from my experience is ok but not "heavy" as described often. Usually when you DLC coat a watch the steel is more resistant to scratches and mor stable but what I experienced with reps was that if you have a tiny scratch you will see the ss below directly.

And sometimes it´s not even coated, it´s simply painted...

An example, when you bend the bracelet of a rolex rep you will see that the midlinks will have a different colour on the spots that are usually covered by the other midlink.

the springbars are not coated and the bracelet screws are only coated on the visible top :rofl: but thats ok.

I have a "heavy" PVD coated Pro hunter GMTII MKI. A solid watch but got nothing to do with the gen. The coating to totally different but the PVD Rolex watches is another separate story :rofl: If you want to buy a PVD rolex, I would not advise to buy Pro Hunter style and Projext X as they are far away from.

being accurate.

If you are interestet in getting things coated, I have a contact that will DLC coating for approx 200€. Sound expensive but thats cheap.

regards eider

onzenuub
Hello everyone,

I also joined RWI and RWG but the forums and info gained on this site is by far & away the best (arse-licking).

I know.

dingle
Hello everyone,

I know.

:rofl:

:rofl:

gtwc

Thanks everyone...so far !

onzenuub

You're welcome.