Sign in to follow this  
DR3M3L

Hands reluming

JSJ
Good job Joran :).

I've done a bit. The RWG shop lume is the best I've used but I haven't tried Tritec. Wanted to develop a little bit of skill first.

I find the waterbased acrylic varnishes dry too quickly so I'm using spirit based now. Took me a while to work that out.

It would be great to know what you guys are using.

By the way, hows the spirit based one? And which one are u using?

I'm using Humbrol gloss enamel. Haven't done much with it yet so when the cheapie DSSD and the blue lume from the RWG shop arrive I will know a bit more.

EDIT: and I'm going to waterproof it and test it to 5 bar... maybe 6. I just enjoy playing around with this stuff.

DR3M3L
Good job Joran :).

I've done a bit. The RWG shop lume is the best I've used but I haven't tried Tritec. Wanted to develop a little bit of skill first.

I find the waterbased acrylic varnishes dry too quickly so I'm using spirit based now. Took me a while to work that out.

It would be great to know what you guys are using.

By the way, hows the spirit based one? And which one are u using?

I'm using Humbrol gloss enamel. Haven't done much with it yet so when the cheapie DSSD and the blue lume from the RWG shop arrive I will know a bit more.

Cool, thanks! Stay in touch and good luck reluming! :D

Serge D
So what cant you do mate? Websites, watchbuilds, kids, and now lume, whats next? :D

Straps? :lmao:

:)

NO! Stay away.... :giggle:

Odyseus
Just buy some Bergeon binder and a Thinner or get some from Watchlume.net :)

Quality is good from bergeon? I did read some bad reviews...

The binder is fine, plus the bottle has a really good seal so I've owned some for months without it drying out.

The Bergeon lunes aren't great best stick to Tritec SuperLuminova :)

DR3M3L
So what cant you do mate? Websites, watchbuilds, kids, and now lume, whats next? :D

Oh believe me, I will! A year ago I bought shoes for at work, they cost me around 250€. Because of the leather being so damn nice and the shoes didn't wear that nice, I thought; let's make a strap out of them! Can't be too hard to actually make a strap.........

I ended up with two destroyed shoes and the most ugly strap I've ever seen. :lmao:

edwinowl

Not sure if you've been over at HF but there's a guy in UK Holio Cornolio he's actually working in a lab and makes his own. Best I've used he does vintage through to any modern. I also use nail varnish and a little thinner should it be needed. Just a heads up really guys.

JSJ

Not sure if you've been over at HF but there's a guy in UK Holio Cornolio he's actually working in a lab and makes his own. Best I've used he does vintage through to any modern. I also use nail varnish and a little thinner should it be needed. Just a heads up really guys.

Thanks for that. I never thought of nail varnish but it is well worth a try. Do you have a link for his threads on HF please?

Breathing nail varnish could save on whisky costs too. Gotta be worth a go.

J.Eric

Oh believe me, I will! A year ago I bought shoes for at work, they cost me around 250€. Because of the leather being so damn nice and the shoes didn't wear that nice, I thought; let's make a strap out of them! Can't be too hard to actually make a strap.........

I ended up with two destroyed shoes and the most ugly strap I've ever seen. :lmao:

I tried to make a strap or two out of one of the misses purse. I didn't work :giggle:

DR3M3L

I tried to make a strap or two out of one of the misses purse. I didn't work :giggle:

:lmao:

Divorced or still married?

J.Eric

She is still around. But I am not allowed to use her things any more.

DR3M3L
She is still around. But I am not allowed to use her things any more.

She's a keeper! :D