Sign in to follow this  
TK01

Most Replica straps not evry good ? what you guys think

TK01

I heard from someone on this forum that the straps we get from replica watches usually not very good I am mainly referring to leather breitling.

I wan the original strap on my watch for my Breitlings but they cost a lot don't they ? do you guys change your straps a lot ? you guys get original from genuine watches or just custom made I care a lot about comfort but want the original buckle and strap on my replicas .

" VERY"

Edited by Timekeeper1

Steve227

Depends mate. I've had breitling 'croc' straps and they aren't great. You can get a good one from our strap guys, Dan M has some good crocs at the mo. Or if you want budget head over to Panatime.

Super Avenger bracelets on the other hand are pretty good.

Depends which watch mate..........

RICH24

Y

Edited by RICH24

TK01

what sbout buying as new leather strap from AD? any difference from theres and the replica ?

myaz

You would overpay on anything from an AD compared to what you'd pay elsewhere.

Wait until you have the watch in hand and decide. Rep straps are not great but many are OK enough for me.

If you still want one, you can sometimes pick up a used strap on eBay or elsewhere as suggested above.

TheSav

IMO there is nothing better than to get a strap made for you by one of our many strap makers here. It can totally transform the watch.

TK01

ya I would get a strap from the strap makers here but remember for particular watches I have like breitling navitimer and most of my watches Id like to keep them original with the breitling buckles and writing on the strap on the metal parts

Kutio

Unfortunately if you are looking for the gen Brielting printing you really don't have much of a choice but go for the gen.

Definitely agree that a custom is better than rep or gen.

Daywatch

Hi, imho once You get a good looking comfortable strap You will immediately like it and don´t miss any Breitling printings. The rep-buckle itself You can change it over as long as You buy the fitting size (measure lug size - measure strap size at the buckle end). Other members already had good suggestions.

There are nice offerings in the below 50 usd range too, if You want to take a look here http://www.strappedf...watch-band/321/ or at Bradystraps - that easy release system for me is fantastic and sometimes it´s nice to change the looks of the watch going with brown croco, black shark, other colour stitching etc.

TK01

Great point Daywatch, thank you will make sure to check those out

TK01

I can take of the buckles part that says breitling and put it on a custom strap right ?

McJules

it depends on the strap.

i've seen some that are worst than plastic and i have some i will never part with.

in example, the strap that came with my 372 is now on my 382 and very very comfy! same thing with the extra strap that came with it (382). but the strap that was on it is pure crap!!

a member here told me it's like a furry styrofoam :giggle:

i hate it lol!

WPoste

I purchased two rubber straps for my rep Omega Planet Oceans. I have three genuine rubber straps for my genuine Planet Oceans and found the reps to be excellent. The deployant clasps are very good too but not as good as the genuine. I purchased them from Andrew at Trusty Time. In fact I just ordered two more.

Variatio Delectat

I agree to what has been posted before: Wait until you have the watch in hands and decide then. There are big differences in strap quality, actually e.g. the AP rubber straps are excellent.

Conex

If it's any consolation, the strap on one of my gen Tags is rubbish.

TK01

Yea my super Avenger stainless steel bracelet is great ! But I don't wear Stainless at all, so I'll either sell it

Or trade someone.