I thought everyone, Rolex fan or not might find my collection of Rolex spoons and a bit of their history interesting, so I thought I would share and post a few pics.   During the early 1950s, one of Europe's leading jewelers of Swiss watches, Bucherer ( still a powerhouse today, having had their Jubiliee-125th anniversary last year) started a marketing promotion involving Rolex watches. Any customer that purchased a Rolex watch from a Bucherer store, was given a gift Rolex spoon. These spoons weren't for sale alone. The only way to get one was to purchase a Rolex watch.   Bucherer had both sterling silver and silver plate demitasse spoons manufactured that contained the Rolex name & Coronet on the handle and the name of each Swiss city where Bucherer had a retail store (Lucerne, St. Moritz, Zurich, Lugano). Each spoon's bowl also contains a wonderful engraving of a picture related to their respective city.   The spoons while collectible, mainly to Rolex fans and collectors of Rolex memorabilia are not expensive in any way. You can find these spoons on eBay selling for $5 each to as much as $40 each. IIMO, any of these Bucherer/Rolex spoons in good condition would be fairly prices at $5 each. Rumor has it that for a short time Bucherer opened a store in NYC and gave out gift spoons with a Rolex purchase there too. These spoons are said to sell for a lot of money. I've never seen one in person or in a picture.   I hope you enjoyed the background, here are a few pics of my spoon collection: