Sign in to follow this  
TK01

Get a Genuine eventually ? or stick to Replicas

huron13

Hopefully I'll pick up a GEN but most likely just one that can keep it's value (lol) and pass down to the next generation

fetasigma

the rep was nice when I first got into the hobby

BBEA846B-2763-4EC7-9EC9-FF0A86D0B86E-8806-000005C8785262B8.jpg

the gen was just so much nicer(and in a speedy relatively affordable)

571FAF57-C292-41FE-BE86-E8A21BEA49C8_zps9jldou8z.jpg

rusty peters

yea I agree having something coming in the mail is like the best feeling ever !! Plus the feeling of getting another watch when that status says arrived !! Then u open it and the smell of genuine leather !! And the weight of the watch is a great feeling.... Seriously sometimes it's like the feeling Like Coffee How it smells and better it tastes !!

If you like that feeling, you need to order a Steinhart Ocean One Vintage. I ordered and paid for one a week or so ago. I have no clue when it will arrive. Steinhart is very vague about the ship date and the ordering process is clunkier than ordering a rep. I could have it next week or I could have it by Halloween. I have no idea.

I now see why we gravitate toward Steinhart.

Ishmael

yea I agree having something coming in the mail is like the best feeling ever !! Plus the feeling of getting another watch when that status says arrived !! Then u open it and the smell of genuine leather !! And the weight of the watch is a great feeling.... Seriously sometimes it's like the feeling Like Coffee How it smells and better it tastes !!

If you like that feeling, you need to order a Steinhart Ocean One Vintage. I ordered and paid for one a week or so ago. I have no clue when it will arrive. Steinhart is very vague about the ship date and the ordering process is clunkier than ordering a rep. I could have it next week or I could have it by Halloween. I have no idea.

I now see why we gravitate toward Steinhart.

I ordered my OVM in February and got it in March - about a month from order to doorstep. Not terrible compared to some of the other Steinhart ship stories I've heard. You just have to forget about it until one day when you're not expecting it... BOOM, there it is. And let me tell you, it was worth the wait.

TK01

Yea as long as the genuine is absolutely the watch you adore and can't get enough of ! U can find a great deal on this site >> every watch is genuine used sometimes new I've seen great deals on there few Breitling Super Oceans around $2995 range

http://watchrecon.com/

Left Coast Guy

I supposed its different for everyone, but for me, after finding this site, I don't think I could ever spend over $5K for a watch. The value gap between a $500 rep and $5K+ gen is too unjustifiably large. I've currently got a gen SuperOcean and had a gen Planet Ocean, and they are both striking pieces, but my PAM505 and PAM253 are equally as impressive -- I just can't say I feel there is anything worth paying for with those gens, when I could spend that money on other drool worthy reps like the PAM382.

On the flip side, I badly want a Speedy Moonwatch, and there is nothing that comes close to the gen in my opinion. From what I've seen you can easily find pre-owned gen with some character for $2,500 and that seems like decent value to me.

TK01

Do you like your super ocean breitling ? That will be my next relica I love it ! Can't decide to get the one with sundials or without subdials. Also blue dial or black ?

B4DF89A9-F39A-47DC-9B98-1BFD1CE60817.jpg

TK01
4B0085C3-22AA-4029-A2BD-3D3849A5A20C.jpg

TheSav

No money or credit cards in that wallet. I don't foresee any gens in your near future. I do however see a lot of successive posts.

greg_r

Many of us own a mixture of gens and reps... Sometimes the gens don't need to be that expensive either...

NFleischer

Like many of us, I have a mix of gen and rep

watches. About 3:1 rep/gen. Lately with the price of reps

starting close to $400 I've gravitated to lower

price gens like Steinhart.

HeavyKrush

Own a couple gens, highest price being this one but only gets about 1/10 the wrist time as my go to reps.

DSC_3485_zpsf10728ea.jpg

TK01

Yea nice watch ! Sounds like u got a nice collection

TK01

Yea wow nice collection I am thinking maybe get tha Panerai 253 and I liked that Tag concept really nice both watches, looks like its time for you to get a breitling my friend :)

HeavyKrush
Yea wow nice collection I am thinking maybe get tha Panerai 253 and I liked that Tag concept really nice both watches, looks like its time for you to get a breitling my friend :)
Thanks. Currently just have the Steelfish. For sure would love a Heritage on mesh.

StormyNight

Again, a mix of Gens and reps here.

My Gens are a '68 5512 ref. Submariner, a Breitling Crosswind Special and a Breitling Emergency. And several Seiko Divers (Monster, Stargate, et al.)

It's nice to have a mixed collection and it's nice to know the Rolex is an appreciating asset.

mysterio

Why not both?

Kcore

I have a nice mixture of both gen & rep. All of my reps are high quality kind of watches that I've fallen in love with but couldn't afford the gen. My gens vary greatly on price, from $175 - over 6K.

DR3M3L

I've owned a few gens, BUT sold them again as I found out how well reps are made these days. Why buy a 4k watch if you can have 10 awesome watches for the same money?

TK01

Guys help me get this topic to 1000 posts thank you, posts your favorite watch that's is a replica and that is a gen

TK01

I agree Joran... why not have ten reps compared to 1 Gen

rusty peters

The nice part of rep ownership is when you don't really care when the clasps get all scratched up or when you notice how beat they are after 9 months. Seeing a gen depreciate like that is kind of painful. I don't think I will ever be the guy that falls in love with one watch and never has eyes for another. I pick up a watch and it really clicks with me, I keep it for a year. In the world of gens, you can see some serious depreciation in that year.

TK01

yea what's funny is I am just getting into It I've been wearing by Breitling for two weeks, yesterday I didn't wear anything and today either, but today my tracking says my Super Avenger is here jut waiting to the postal man !! so I didn't wear a watch today to get me excited for the Avenger !! 48 mm black dial 7750

TK01

I think also the feeling of wearing a watch that you could almost never afford anything into $10,000 and up range is a great feeling specially if its made so good