Sign in to follow this  
TK01

Get a Genuine eventually ? or stick to Replicas

randomguy101

The only swiss gen I'd consider is the Omega speedmaster, and that's just because it's one that I've wanted for a long time. Regardless of income I could not justify spending more than a thousand on a watch. I have a few Japanese gens though and I would not hesitate to buy more if I like the model.

Batespcm

This thread has just told me I need to find the super reps as I love a bargain

Libertatia

You work out that you end up spending so much on this hobby that you think in the end "why the fuck didn't i just buy a gen"

jackygor

I say whatever appeals to your and your budget.

Sunny Puddi

I find myself steering towards moderately priced gens now, with a few super reps in the collection for flavour

cuchulain36

I see no reason not to get both to be honest, some reps are good for watches you like but simply would never buy gen, and gens are good because I believe all my gens are better built than my reps.

Vbmrk
I see no reason not to get both to be honest, some reps are good for watches you like but simply would never buy gen, and gens are good because I believe all my gens are better built than my reps.
You work out that you end up spending so much on this hobby that you think in the end "why the fuck didn't i just buy a gen"

For me, the reality lies between these two statements. Being how I am, I tracked ALL my rep expenses on a spreadsheet for all of 2013 (watch purchase, strap purchase, modding, frankening, etc). At the end of the yr I totaled it all up and though "f me, I could have picked up a gen for that kind of money!" Now granted, I would never have had the chance to experience the reps had I done that. So I picked up a gen PAM514, but there's still so much out there to love! So I still keep a few high end reps to wear along with the gen.

In the end, purchasing a gen is a personal decision. There's no right or wrong on it, it's just what speaks to you. Most good reps will get you 90-95% close to the gen. If you can live with that, then great. But if you love the watch SO much, you may not be satisfied until you get the gen and get the total 100% that only a gen can provide. The PAM388 is clearly a superior rep, but I've loved that watch so much I've tried picking up the gen. Some would think that's a waste of money given how good the rep is, but I know I loved the 388 so much I wanted to just get the real thing and be done with it as I felt it'd be a part of my collection for a VERY long time.

So, in the end, only you can answer the question for yourself: get a gen or stick to reps?

TK01

Basically I have purchased many reps. I have come to a conclusion that trying out many many watches. I still end up liking breitling just one brand and no other. The other thing is I am sticking with few watches I always liked and ended up sticking with at the end. So I only wear few I really like, and would possibly come to a conclusion buying the real thing. I've seen a Superocean heritage few times around $1800 to $2500 save up that much and you got your self a used gen. This Hobbie is fun and I really appreciate trying out super reps to help me decide what it would be like to own the real thing !

NOFAKE

FAKE WATCH FOR A FAKE PEOPLE.........................shameful small fry :footinmouth: :footinmouth: :footinmouth: )))

AndyBlue

FAKE WATCH FOR A FAKE PEOPLE.........................shameful small fry :footinmouth: :footinmouth: :footinmouth: )))

Well that took longer than I thought...

Ishmael

Holy shit! Wasted no time there!

NOFAKE

idiots, yours "watch" fиск!ng china shit.........same shit as well as all of you

Ishmael

idiots, yours "watch" fиск!ng china shit.........same shit as well as all of you

Hi NOFAKE. :) How about an introduction before you get your dumbass banned? You don't have much time...

AndyBlue

:lmao:

Hornet

Oops, didn't see that this thread had started up again because of a big fat ugly troll......

nofitstate

Welcome, I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Cyril_Clunge

b47c40a601537177493a62f8f3571006.jpg

TK01

Their are always few haters in this life. Can't let them get 2 u.

Yelow69

Enjoyed the comic relief.

James.

Ahahahahahahahaha "fake watch, fake person" so by your own reasoning, genuine watch, genuine fuckwit :lmao:

PhillyRock

Damn, looks like I missed the climax.

Although it took 8 pages to get here, I'm impressed.

k3rm87

Here is a gen Super Avenger I tried on, $4,399.00 , just ordered the newer version of this watch thats a replica we will see the difference between $4400 and $365

A029CF95-22A8-4A0A-91D7-4871FAC59C2A.jpg

2E0DF6DA-1AC7-4A23-ABAA-677A87DD4EF4.jpg

There is minimal difference mate.

BenjaminButton

If we have the money we would be buying gens only.

Bottom line is we are here because we don't have the cash.

The real market for high end watches don't have one or two watches they have many, they replace them often and they have millions if not billions in the bank.

We are just using the great communist nation of China to help us get a little taste of the rarified air of the watch wearing billionaire.

Even if I buy a gen it would be one watch and no more than 5 or 6k and would be a seriously considered purchase and I would use bubble wrap to protect it when I wore it out. What kind of a look is that. Not the billionaire look, which I have when I swing my watch arm around like I just don't care with my cheap $400 dollar rep. Of course the fact I swing it around on public transport kinda fucks with the look a little. But then I am deluded.

TK01

Yea I truly like that we get to test out what a real one would feel one. Then when I pull the trigger on a Gen Breitling,

I know what one to buy .

YoungGPS

When I was 20 years younger I started with a rep Tag. Eventually I was able to get three gen Tags. I find nothing wrong with having reps and gens. I continually enjoy having both collections of gens and reps :)