Sign in to follow this  
NFleischer

WM9 YM

NFleischer

i've been away for a week and i see the price keeps going up on these guys. now almost $900!?@!

has anyone actually seen one? i also noted Georrge stopped calling the mov't ETA after he was called out by someone for

being a SeaGull mov't. now it's a a KU-92! BK must be making alot of dough too - if they sell any at these prices.

i think its nuts personally.

greg_r

Ouch!

As I've said elsewhere, I don't care what it is - no rep is worth that kinda dough.

AllergyDoc

Guys are buying them, though.

After seeing someone's photo tour of their new WM9/BK Sub, I admit I started thinking about it. I'm leaning toward consolidating my collection to a few good pieces. I could sell off my last EVO, the Invicta 9937, that other big Invicata I paid over $200 for but have worn only once or twice...

I don't like the Rolesium YM enough to spend anywhere close to $900, though.

The thing about the real pricey reps is, after a few months their resale value goes into a freefall. Look at all those Hublots that sold for $700+. Guys can't $400 for them now.

greg_r

True - it still doesn't make sense to me. If I had $900 to throw at a watch, I'd be looking for an interesting older gen Rolex or Tudor - or possibly a Tag.

Massimo

True - it still doesn't make sense to me. If I had $900 to throw at a watch, I'd be looking for an interesting older gen Rolex or Tudor - or possibly a Tag.

It does seem too much but, if guys are buying them, the price will stay where it is I suppose. I'm with Greg - for that much cash I'd be looking at a second hand / vintage gen.

sconehead

Ever totted up how much you've spent on rep's? I could have bought a couple of decent second hand gens, mind you variety is the spice of life. Just put a deposit for a WM9 'LV' with BK, it'll cost me $375 when I eventually get it, tonight's the cut off for the lower price if you're considering one Doc... :)

greg_r
Ever totted up how much you've spent on rep's?

Yes I have - but it's worth it for the sake of variety (I like variety!) and because I didn't have to stump up all the cash at once. My comfort zone is $2-300. Above that I'd rather spend on a book. I can see a gen purchase in my future, however (provided I don't spend it on books in the interim - it's been about a grand a month recently...).

NFleischer

man i'd be afraid to see how much i've spent on reps! easily 10-15k over the years.

i could have bought some really nice new gens !!!

iabounty
Ever totted up how much you've spent on rep's?

Yes I have - but it's worth it for the sake of variety (I like variety!) and because I didn't have to stump up all the cash at once. My comfort zone is $2-300. Above that I'd rather spend on a book. I can see a gen purchase in my future, however (provided I don't spend it on books in the interim - it's been about a grand a month recently...).

"a grand a month recently" You must have met several of my ex-wives.......... Don't let them near the oven..................

trailboss99

900USD for a rep? Na, that's over 1500AUD! When 600USD will buy a gen speedy reduced (for example) there's no way I'm spending that on a rep. If I could afford to I'd be buying gens with that sort of money.

Col.

greg_r

"a grand a month recently" You must have met several of my ex-wives.......... Don't let them near the oven..................

LOL - I've just been far too good at tracking down some real rarities. In the last 3 months I've managed to find 4 or 5 volumes that I've been trying to track down for 10 years or more, so I went a little crazy... :thumbdown:

NFleischer

maybe BK saw this thread- i just saw a promo @ RG. WM9 YM with gen ETA

for $550. maybe people weren't paying the $900 for a YM with a SeaGull mov't afterall!

trailboss99

Why would you when 800 bucks will buy a nice vintage speedy gen? I know which I'd rather have!

Col.

AllergyDoc

Even at $550...

The pre-order price isn't bad, though. $375. If you're into the model and appreciate the improvements.

Remember, the lume mod alone costs, what, $150?

trailboss99

Yep, the pre order price is great, even without BK's mods. However it shows that someone (prob not BK) is makeing a motza from these. You think the're loseing at that price? No fecking way! There is no way I'm paying more than 400 for a rep. And with the exchange rate that's still too much when converted into AUD.

Col.

JohnG
Yep, the pre order price is great, even without BK's mods. However it shows that someone (prob not BK) is makeing a motza from these. You think the're loseing at that price? No fecking way! There is no way I'm paying more than 400 for a rep. And with the exchange rate that's still too much when converted into AUD.

Col.

They might not be losing but they might not be making much either - I think the idea is "penetration pricing" - get a bunch of people to buy and they will become the sales people for the watch at full price... if it is really as awesome as they say, these guys will be posting pics and talking the watches up all over the place...

Now if they would only do a REALLY awesome Super Avenger, and do a "pre-order" price! And an Ingy. And a black SMP Chrono...

trailboss99

Oh I don't think anyone is makeing anything but it gives you an idea of the margin.

Col.