Sign in to follow this  
Njcpellos

ARE Replica strap giveaway

Njcpellos

Is it just me but the straps really give a replica away!!

For example actual face watch looks great but as soon as you pick it up you can tell feels so different!!

I have 2 gen rolex and, purchased sub from top sellers but for me the strap lets them down, feels light and rattles, I know these are replicas but with everything else looking great , surely something can be done to improve this.

Any ideas guys :))

TheInthusiest

Change your tittle, its very misleading.

Now i am sad.

you hurt my heart. Had me thinking you'd be giving away free straps...

TheInthusiest

To answer your post.

The quality given to certain replicas are dependant on the price you pay. Usually, reps in the $250+ category will have better attention to detail on other parts rather than just the watch head.

For instance, panerai reps with the ASSO straps, have quite good replications of that strap. Just an example.

cogwatch

Hi, I'm here for the strap giveaway. I'd like the black with blue contrasting stitching and deployant clasp :-)

Mazz

title edited

TheSav

:lmao: nice work Mazz

TK01

Depends what type of straps u like , u can always pick up a genuine strap on eBay used or new but it's $500-$800 for a new strap depending on the watch model, PAM come with really nice straps. It all depends on the bracelet if u go with rubber breitling for example no one will know the difference , the mesh there will be a huge difference and the leather will feel like cardboard keep the buckle and get a genuine strap that's leather or order a custom strap from people on the forum they are nice !!

Njcpellos

Thank you for the sensible answers like the one above, all I was getting at is generally the Rolex replica even top end the strap gives them away ASAP as just feel light and rattle, just wonder if anyone had any advice to stop this etc.

Thank you all for your time and great site :))

Piccolo

You'd be surprised at how bad some of the older gen Rolex straps are. They too are light and rattle, so some of the reps are actually pretty close in this department!

JSJ

When you say the straps rattle, I reckon you mean stainless steel bracelets. The top end rep bracelets I have are very similar to the gen bracelets I have. The gens tend to feel a little smoother but the reps are certainly as heavy. The best bracelets I have are

CrPO

DSSD

Daytona

Speedmaster

And probably most gen-like of all is the 3777.

The Speedmaster I had to polish some rough edges on the clasp but the others are good as supplied. All can do with a small amount of work and some good lubrication to make them excellent.

You can't beat a good lube.

zinnboy

Change your tittle, its very misleading.

Now i am sad.

you hurt my heart. Had me thinking you'd be giving away free straps...

:boxedin:

We've been cheated.

Is it just me but the straps really give a replica away!! For example actual face watch looks great but as soon as you pick it up you can tell feels so different!! I have 2 gen rolex and, purchased sub from top sellers but for me the strap lets them down, feels light and rattles, I know these are replicas but with everything else looking great , surely something can be done to improve this. Any ideas guys :))

I came for the free giveaway. Please change the title OP :spank:

aajaxx007

I'm just going to blanket answer here and recommend an OEM or equivocal aftermarket strap/band in most cases.

For me it adds that extra cache that makes the watch look the business.

Cheers!

RussP

I haven't seen an original(?) replica strap that I like yet.

Putting a decent strap on any rep gives its overall appearance a whole new lease of life.

JSJ

Agree about the rep leather straps. They're dire.

Where's me free one anyway?

Derek Mc

I found that on my tag rep, the clasp alone is the big visual clue when open especially and I am now seeking an HQ replacement or clasp to address this.

Vreds

Am I too late for the free strap giveaway from ARE? :baghead:

stevok2305

Nah, just post your address on here and you'll get loads of interesting stuff free. :giggle:

zufir

We had a thread earlier this month debating weather to drop 500$ + on a gen bracelet and if it was worth it. Each had their own opinion but for myself I'd rather buy third party straps

potex

The "leather" straps on reps are often pieces of rubber with a veneer glued to the outside. They look and feel horribly cheap and nasty.

TK01

That's why you just buy Ocean Racer breitling strap ! And solve all your problems :)

Il_Paneristi
That's why you just buy Ocean Racer breitling strap ! And solve all your problems :)

That's a great idea.