offshore

How a Pay Pal account works.

Patrick Bateman

Hey Guys,

I apologize in advance if this has been covered (i didn't see it anywhere). i recently placed an order through silixprime.com and they do not have the watch i ordered in stock. michelle has communicated very well, however she keeps telling me that the watch is out 20 days.........and then 20 more days etc....She offered me a refund of my money and i kindly accepted. She asked me for my Paypal info so she can issue the refund. I originally paid via Western Union and did not use Paypal. My question is: What exact information does she need? Thanks!

DR3M3L
Hey Guys,

I apologize in advance if this has been covered (i didn't see it anywhere). i recently placed an order through silixprime.com and they do not have the watch i ordered in stock. michelle has communicated very well, however she keeps telling me that the watch is out 20 days.........and then 20 more days etc....She offered me a refund of my money and i kindly accepted. She asked me for my Paypal info so she can issue the refund. I originally paid via Western Union and did not use Paypal. My question is: What exact information does she need? Thanks!

Your paypal email address :)

Patrick Bateman
Hey Guys,

Your paypal email address :)

I'm retarded. :) Thanks Joran.

meha32

great post, very useful

Kal-el

Instead of digging old stuff up and postwhoring, i suggest you INTRODUCE YOURSELF.

Blaxbolt

Thanks for the the post. Great info.

vivgman22

Awesome tips for a noob......

Rockzz22

Great post

jpohl402

Very useful info!

Smedr

I have option "Bank account". Can I change it to CC option, and if YES, can PP still access my bank account?

Thanks!

Yes, you can.

greg_r

I have option "Bank account". Can I change it to CC option, and if YES, can PP still access my bank account?

Thanks!

Yes, you can.

Way to go answering a question posted 4 years ago by a guy who is no longer here.... :picard2:

Robgobuckeye

paypal is the best way to pay

autigers2011

This helps A LOT! Thanks for all the info :troll:

arniesack

Oh yes, this happens a helluva lot in Cardsharing forums and PayPal can be very highhanded if they think your purchase is in any way dodgy. These are good guidelines and will keep you as safe as you can expect to be buying fake goods :giggle:

Action Ocelot

Things seem to have got much faster since this post was updated. I have debit card transactions in my account in roughly 4 hours now in the UK. Good setup process with Credit Card etc to offer protection and something I havent done yet. Decent tip, ta.

thepianoplaya

Had a couple of members here ask me to cross post a recent post of mine at RWGforum.

In response to a number of recent issues that members have had in attempting to recover funds when deals have turned sour, I felt it may be appropriate to qualify how Pay Pal accounts operate (as I understand it)

When you set up your account with Pay Pal, you are asked to link it to a bank account.

At that time you authorise Pay Pal to have access to this bank account.

If someone issues a complaint against you, Pay Pal will 1st freeze any funds in the Pay Pal account.

If there are no funds in it, they will attempt to remove funds from your bank account to cover the claim. Remember you have authorised them to have access to your bank account.

If both these accounts are empty, Pay Pal have no further ability to get funds, unless more are subsequently paid into either account.

The best chance anyone has of obtaining reimbursement in the case of a deal gone wrong, is to have funded the initial payment via a credit (or debit) card.

When you set up your Pay Pal account, you are also asked for CC details.

So each time you make a purchase using Pay Pal, you should ALWAYS fund the purchase from your CC.( you have this option at the time of making payment), you then have recourse to a claim via your CC company (This is one reason you pay the exhorbitant CC rates!)

I have set up my own accounts as follows-

My primary bank account ( A ) is where my funds are held. I then have a linked account ( B ) which I term my Pay Pal account. It also has a debit card attached to it. This account ( B ) is the one which Pay Pal have access to.

Then there is the actual Pay Pal account (at Pay Pal) which I will call ( C )

Now, as soon as I receive a payment into my Pay Pal account ( C ) I transfer it to my bank account ( B )This takes 2-3 days to process.

As soon as it shows in my account ( B ) I move all monies into my primary account (A), thus keeping my Pay Pal accounts (B & C ) at zero balances. (or close to)

When I need to make a payment, I move money from (A) to ( B )at the exact amount required to pay for the item (or maybe a $ or 2 more)

I then choose to fund the payment via my DEBIT CARD. (Not from the bank account) Although it is essentially the same thing, once the funding is through the Credit/Debit card, I have an avenue for recourse if the purchase goes tits up)

You must remember to always choose CC as your funding option for payments.

This is a strategy I have arrived at over some years of trading both on ebay and at other commercial levels.

Thus far (touch wood) I have not had to make a claim against my card, nor have I had a dispute opened against my Pay Pal account, however I do rest easier knowing that Pay Pal cannot access my money (after the 2-3 day transfer completes), and that if a buying deal goes sour I have some recourse via my CC company.

This, of course should not preclude anyone from lodging a Pay Pal clam as a matter initial complaint....(Of course this should only be done after all avenues to obtain satisfaction from the seller have been exhausted)

However should a satisfactory resolution not be able to be obtained, at least the CC company is there as a fall back option.

Hope this is clear for those who have been a little hazy as to how all this works, however ask any questions if anything isn't understood.

Of course we strongly disapprove of anyone launching a Pay Pal complaint until all other options and avenues are finished.

We have had a number of dealers and members who have had accounts closed or locked, due to someone with an itchy trigger finger.

Offshore

great post mate

gavmeister

Really great post, some excellent strategies offered here.

donnied

Thanks for the post. While at first it seems straight forward, it was good to hear about all the disputes and resolutions with paypal.

mjbeat

When you set up your Pay Pal account, you are also asked for CC details.

So each time you make a purchase using Pay Pal, you should ALWAYS fund the purchase from your CC.( you have this option at the time of making payment), you then have recourse to a claim via your CC company (This is one reason you pay the exhorbitant CC rates!)

What's the CC here?

spacepets4

i have had someone file a dispute against me. it's no fun.... with paypal, the buyer is actually "safer" than the seller.

cbrian26wvu

Great post!

andyboy
1 hour ago, cbrian26wvu said:

Great post!

and posting crap doesn`t get you in to the m2m section.....only quality posts

cbrian26wvu
22 hours ago, andyboy said:

and posting crap doesn`t get you in to the m2m section.....only quality posts

Can you blame me trying tho??

andyboy
4 minutes ago, cbrian26wvu said:

Can you blame me trying tho??

No but I can reset your post count to minus figures if you want :rofl:

BadPickle
2 minutes ago, andyboy said:

No but I can reset your post count to minus figures if you want :rofl:

No he can’t,  Greg is the engine driver here, Andyboy is just the greasy rag ;)