Sign in to follow this  
PhillyRock

Miyota movement issue

PhillyRock

Miyota is a solid movement, no doubt about it. I own 6 auto's all with the 21J, 25J and 34J movements and I love 'em all.

I recently bought a cheapy broken watch for pennies to what it's worth but the movement is bjorked.

The gravity plate spins like a mad man with a kilo of coke up his nose, but the watch isn't accepting a charge.

What wold be broken that would prevent the watch from winding? I've been pretty successful with the past three watches I've fixed,

so I've decided to tackle this problem too. I have every tool required, magnification screen, case holder and an itchy screwdriver

waiting for a clue as to what I'm looking for to fix. Help me out here guys!!!

What's next?

Dendo

Does it hand wind?

If it does then the problem is the rotor related cogs are not engaging somehere with the winding mechanism.

If it does not hand wind it is a bigger problem and could be a mainspring issue or other problem.

PhillyRock

No, it doesn't wind either. I'm hoping that since it's a Miyota movement there is a replacement Main Spring that's able to be purchased.

NFleischer

Wow, ETA 2824-2 is $375 now?!

rusty peters

Holy crap! I saw that too. The seagull clones on the 'bay look pretty good in comparison now.

SSTEEL

Gravity plate? I'm guessing you are referring to the Rotor, which is aka the Oscillating Weight.