Sign in to follow this  
Dungeekin

Dark Side of the Moon....

Dungeekin

Picked this up via M2M and collected it from the post office this afternoon, straight onto my wrist.

Feels weighty (though not as heavy as my PO) to the hand, and comfortable on the wrist. The dial seems pretty accurate to me (though overall I'm not bothered about minor 'tells' anyway), and includes the [ZrOx] logo in the correct colour and position. Date is @6 and seems aligned correctly,

The chrono works smoothly with nice positive button presses and a fast reset to the 12:00 position. Haven't given the lume much of a charge yet but at first glance it seems OK, with the two dots @12 especially bright.

The strap also seems accurate - fabric on the top, and leather (embossed with the Omega logo) on the reverse. It doesn't have a sapphire caseback like the gen but I wasn't expecting one, given that it's a quartz movement.

Overall, have to say I'm delighted with it and it's a worthy member of my growing stable of Omegas!

Obligatory pics:

20140417_145344_zpszsjyszbz.jpg

20140417_145401_zps0y3hvs7k.jpg

20140417_144902_zpstu6bmhjo.jpg

20140417_144908_zpslor0whnu.jpg

Mcloughlind

Very nice, congrats

ellistyle1

Do both hands on the subdial at 3 work?

Dungeekin
Do both hands on the subdial at 3 work?

I've no idea, TBH. Can't see any movement when I start/stop the chrono.

lizmark

nice, like the slightly higher position of the glas!

ag69

Great looking watch!!

NicholasShelton

Looks great! Where did you find this? Ive been scouring the internet for all sorts of Speedmaster reps and have never come across this. Do you know if they make the standard "co-axial 9300" version? (same thing but in stainless steel)

Fat Panda

We have a Seiko VK Microstepper version of that, with a black DSOTM back on it. Two versions, both from different factories.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=75829

wolfwood

Fat Panda's version has more accurate bezel markings.

dfq23

Fat Panda's version has more accurate bezel markings.

No it doesn't. Fat pandas doesn't have the accent above the E in tachymetre and the word is positioned too high

dfq23

Here is the gen

darkside_zpsb37aaa73.jpg

wolfwood

Well it's got the more correct numbering on the bezel then.

jtu8.jpg

dfq23

Neither are super accurate but think this one looks more balanced. Now bring on a version of the moon dust!

wanlo

This watch looks so cool on the magazine and i thought of getting a rep. Unfortunately, when i see the gen version i was quite disappointed because it looks like a toy watch when compared to other speed/seamaster.

gmchris
This watch looks so cool on the magazine and i thought of getting a rep. Unfortunately, when i see the gen version i was quite disappointed because it looks like a toy watch when compared to other speed/seamaster.

+1

Suffers from the same problem as black Daytonas - bezel bling! If I choose a black version of an iconic watch it is because I want something understated, but the white markings shout too loud and spoil the stealth. Maybe should have been plain engraved or a silver/grey numbers.

Just my 2p worth. Still a cracking Omega!

black263

+1

Suffers from the same problem as black Daytonas - bezel bling! If I choose a black version of an iconic watch it is because I want something understated, but the white markings shout too loud and spoil the stealth. Maybe should have been plain engraved or a silver/grey numbers.

Just my 2p worth. Still a cracking Omega!

Agreed on the bezel bling. Hence my Sharpie "mod". http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=77368