Sign in to follow this  
myloguy

Should I send back or get a watch smith to repair?

myloguy

I've just received my first rep after weeks of researching

Customs must have opened it because the bubble wrap had been torn open and the watch was out of the box.

Anyways the watch is not working, the rotor has come off. I don't know if there is other damage.

I'm thinking I'm going to have to pay for delivery back to china and fast delivery again back to the uk. I just wanted to have my watch quickly.

Would it be worth me seeing if I can get someone to fix it, how long do returns usually take?

Thanks

wrxker

I think you should get someone to fix it. May not be worth the cost to send back etc. bought from TD?

hnic

usually it takes more time (and maybe risk) to send it back

if i was you i'd look for a local smith

good luck

JSJ

What watch, how much? Pics?

stevok2305

Be cheaper and safer getting it done locally.

LightGeek

You know/think the rotors is off. Open it up and have a look.

myloguy

yeah i bought it from toro, i haven't give him a chance to respond yet but im just weighing my options.

It's an AP 15400 miyota

beautiful watch, can't believe the quality, was chuffed when i opened it.

i'm worrying that the movement could be fucked aswell, would a watch smith be able to fix it even if it was more than just the rotor falling off?

IMG_3525_zps04eb3e07.jpg

LightGeek

Even easier. Some flathead screws and the case back comes off. With a little care you could probably fix it yourself (once you find the screw inside).

nev848

there was a thread this week where a member fixed a detached rotor. Think he had London in his title and the watch was all blinged up if this helps.

kkz88

It look like easy to fix myloguy I just service similar one.when I saw ur watch really surprised why is the rotor broke down.sometime customer told me rotor is really loud.that's it.

kkz88
ebudyhu6.jpg

nev848

It look like easy to fix myloguy I just service similar one.when I saw ur watch really surprised why is the rotor broke down.sometime customer told me rotor is really loud.that's it.

How weird you where the guy I was talking about in my thread above yours. I knew you had something to do with London in your tag/avatar. Small World.:)

kkz88

How weird you where the guy I was talking about in my thread above yours. I knew you had something to do with London in your tag/avatar. Small World.:)

Indeed sir

myloguy

ah excellent, im dying to wear it haha, such a big kid. Gutted its bank holiday weekend, hopefully i can find someone open to see if they can fix it, i don't have any tools for this

thanks guys.

I'm amazed customs opened the package, put it back then sent it on its way

TRANSPORTER

Wow seriously easy repair, just find the screw and away you go job done.

LightGeek

The only problem is if the screw ended up in the balance and messed up the hairspring.

Del Boy

Speak to Toro first, he might say, pop back off, give it a try, doesn't work then send it back.

Or might say take to local watchsmith.

You don't know if you don't ask!

I've sent watches back ok btw.

zinnboy

Ask about. You're better off spending $5 on a toolkit to service watches than $5 sending it back. You'll learn. It's the best part not relying on someone else.

Phanphy

I've got the exact same problem with the same watch from toro - took off the back casing and put the rotor back on the pivot. Spun around okay briefly, but when fell off again 5 minutes later. Any pointers? :(

Cannibal

Get it fixed by a watchmaker here. The cost of post to get it back to Asia will likely be more than the post to a watchmaker and what he charges.

Irishcain

Wow! Necroposting at its finest, lol :rofl: